Music or keertan?...

Hum Paapi

Vahegurooo jee

Sadh sangat...i was on www.sikhnet.com, and i saw this... it disturbed me quite a bit....see for your self..

"From traditional Raag to Western-style chants, SikhNet brings you the finest in today's music. Now, take that music home with you through our Sikh Music Club. Take those words and the sacred sounds of Gurbani with you wherever you go.

Snatam Kaur's highly acclaimed, newly released Album, is now available! Deep, powerful and resounding, this Album is without a doubt Snatam's best ever. Shanti means peacefulness; That inner peace that comes when one is living truth, existing as one with the entire creation. This CD embodies and imparts that peace and serenity."

sangat jee....music?....keertan should not be called music under any circustances..nor should keertan be sold to make a profit..if anything it should be sold just to cover the cost of production...i love the fact that american sikhs are doing keertan..its awesome, but th western world shouldn't influence sikhi too much...i just dont liek the fact that keertan is called musi and is being sold to make a profit..

sorryif i offended anyone..

bull chuk maaf

vaheguroo jee

Guest SikhForLife

Happy Healthy Holy

http://3ho.org/

most of the white "sikhs" are members of 3ho.. thats how they got into "sikhi"

they always wear white paghs.. and clothes..

sikhnet is owned and run by ppl who are members of 3ho

they have their own understanding of SGGS and their practices are tottaly different.. in the past i have condemned them.. but i wont do that anymore.. cuz i shouldnt be hating anyone..... if u want to search more info u can try Google.com and decide for urself

Sat Sri Akal:

Sure, its only logical that ALL Caucasian Sikhs are 3HO, right??? :D :D :D

Please stop grouping all of the Caucasian people who converted to Sikhism together as Yogi-followers.

Most of them were introduced to Sikhism through their yoga teacher, Yogi Harbajan Singh. BUT don't mistake that to mean that they are all about the Yoga. Many of those that did convert to Sikhism post on Sikhnet. Their views are FAR better on Sikhism than the "average" Punjabi Sikh and their dedication to the Sikhi Path is undeniable (remember, many of us "Punjabi" Sikhs were blessed with Sikhism from birth. These people took it upon themselves to research Sikhism, leave their past associations behind and become Sikhs) . Many of them have great insight into the Sikh scriptures, as is evidenced from time to time on Sikhnet.

And keep in mind...these are your BROTHERS AND SISTERS that you are bashing. They took amrit from the Panj Pyare too!!!

Guest SikhForLife

veerji i think u misunderstood

most of em are 3ho

not ALL

i know of a lot here in nj... ny.. area that have never met Yogi bhajan and they are white sikh converts

btw: i am not against them completely.. i applaud their efforts to find the truth.. i am against some of their views. thats all.. and i know i am not perfect either.. far from it