Sign in to follow this  
nWo

On This Day

vjkk vjkf

a benti to admin to make this a sticky so everyone can learn want happened on each day, its good to know you history! & can people please explain any sakhiya behind the events and no stupid comments or bashing pray.gif

starting with today

24th May

1710 : Baba Banda Singh Bahadhur entered Sirhind City and completed its conquer by Khalsa Forces

:devil:

25 May

1994 : Censorship of all communications continued in the Punjab.

1924 : Bedi Karatar Singh appeared at Sri Akal Takht Sahib to receive punishment. jamdoot.gif

Yo admin make it a STICKY

26 May

1606 : Guru Arjan Dev Sahib Ji imprisoned and tortured for three days upon Jahangir's orders. pray.gif

1886 : Raja Dalip Singh, son of Raja Ranjit Singh reentered the Sikh faith.

1960 : Morcha was initiated for seeking Punjabi Suba.

27 May

1710 : Baba Banda Singh Bahadhur announced the establishment of Sikh rule at a Diwan organized in Sirhind City.

:devil:

29 May

1960 : The first Jatha of GurSikhs courted arrest for Punjabi Suba Agitation.

1712 : Badshah Jahandar Shah sought reinforcements to deal with Sikhs.

1711 : Mogul emeror ordered charging Sikhs Jazya (tax) at double rate

united.gif

30 May

1924 : 7th and 8th Akali Jatha, each of 500 GurSikhs courted arrest after reaching Jaito.

1710. : Mogul emperor briefed about Baba Banda Singh Bahadur.

1710 : Bahadur Shah called for volunteers for a Jehad against the Sikhs.

war.gif

1984 : Indian forces initiated their first day of assault on the Golden Temple complex, code named 'Operation Blue Star'.

1973 : Akali Dal launched the Karnal agitation for civil liberties.

1940 : Allihgadh Prachar Conference was held. 25,000 Amritdhari GurSikhs attended.

1924 : 7th Akali Shaheedi Jatha of 500 GurSikhs started their march from Takhat Sri Kaesgadh Sahib, Anandpur Sahib to Jaito, under the leadership of Sardar Pratap Singh Khurdpuri.

1748 : 10,000 Sikhs were massacred in the Small Holocaust.

1984. : Martyrdom of Bhai Mehnga Singh Babbar, the first Shaheed of 'Operation Blue Star'. He attained Martyrdom at Gurduara Sahib Baba Atal Ji. Firing was initiated by the CRPF and the Army.

v1.gif :WW: :WW: :WW: :WW:

2 June

1984 : Indian forces continued their 2nd day of assault on the Golden Temple complex

1818 : The province of Multan was annexed into the Sikh State.

2 June

1984 : Indian forces continued their 2nd day of assault on the Golden Temple complex

1818 : The province of Multan was annexed into the Sikh State.

3 June

1984 : Sri Darbar Sahib was invaded by Indian Armed Forces. The Indian Government imposed 36 hrs. of curfew beginning at 9pm and handed over the Punjab to its Armed Forces

1983 : GurSikhs courting arrest under Dharam Yudh Morcha numbered over 235,000.

Jernail_40.jpg

akal3.jpg