Need Genuine Helpful Advice

Guest Amandeep Kaur

:nihungsmile:

if you've never been to swindon yourself how can u possibly say its bad?

i used to be a mohna and up 2 no good all the time.. i spent 5 yrs of my life going back and forth to india seein different people in order to find the true path and someone who can teach the gurbani in the correct way..

SWINDON is the only place where you are taught to only follow the shabad guru (waheguru) and keep away from fakes who think they can give naam. not to lie, gossip, cheat, back bite, envy, look down upon others, con people, take money etc..

ive seen many people come in and out of sangat..the only people who dont seem to stay are those who cant be bothered to do the kamaiee and stop all the bad things they enjoy.. which are against sikhi..

some people dont like the teachings of the bani and choose to go against it and follow the teachings of anaari sant.

if it was that bad im sure the family who bought and raised you in this world would not attend sangat themselves

why dont you get off your backside and do some kamaiee..instead of reading books and gossiping on the net about people you dont know.

bhai sahib works a full time job.. has a family to support, and is giving his own personal time.. no strings attached,,to take sikhi forward.. people should wake up and see what the bani is about. swindon gurdwara has no committee.. no money given during kirtan etc... so many peoples lives have changed.. coming away from fake rituals.. ie..'ghosts in my house'.. black magic etc..

what guru nanak dev ji once taught was the truth.. now fakes come and try destroying that..but mark my words the truth will rise again..

please dont make judgement on people and things u dont know...

sikhi is practical...try it and you'll see for yourself

mr singh just because your empty inside and can't control your mind don.t hate on those who are trying to walk in the path. come on man theres more to sikhi than wearin a ten foot white turban and a blue dasthar and preachin about god if your lost yourself. you were at the diwan last sunday and were given the opportunity to ask as many questions as you wished on severeal occasions and chose not to. anyon can sit on the net and speak badly of people, why dont you go and confront the person and get all the questions answered and your incorrect thougths corrected. no point in playing chinese whispers.

Guest Amandeep Kaur

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh.

I have been told recently by a brother of what is going on around this topic. I as the topic starter now request the arguments to stop and mayb even closing this topic which was started by a very lost soul.

Reason: There is nothing bad that can be said about a place or a person where love of waheguru is taught.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

• 7 months later...
Guest _prabhjit_
waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

please help me in this rather deep situation

half my family goes to see smagam in swindon coducted by a bhai sahib every week and half of us dont, we are all amritdhari. Our vichaars do not match and we live together, soon i'l be married but the situation has not helped relations in the past year since the swindon meetings begun.

I have never tried to stop any1 going anywhere not my business, between them and Guru Sahib Ji.

What troubles me:

how can i extract my self and be me, stay focused on my guru, without feeling pressure of going somewhere or having to to what goes on and what happens and so on an on........ it just breaks me spirtualy and doubts about my own path and the hukm given by the panj pyarey i took amrit from. They took amrit at the same time With me, so we should have been able to live a peaceful chardikla relation, this change knocks me whenever i come in to contact with the new news of something happening at swindon.

I really don't want to know, with ALL due respect....

Helpful advice would be appreciated.

Waheguru kirpa karan. Thankyou sangat jio.

Guest _prabhjit_
waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh.

I have been told recently by a brother of what is going on around this topic. I as the topic starter now request the arguments to stop and mayb even closing this topic which was started by a very lost soul.

Reason: There is nothing bad that can be said about a place or a person where love of waheguru is taught.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

WAHEGURU

WAHEGURU WAHEGURU WAHEGURU WAHEGURU

I HAVE NEVER BEEN THERE BUT I HAVE HEARD ALOT

I JUST WANT TO TELL SOMETHING GURMUKHU ITS THE WAY TO GURU JI NOTHING IS WRONG IN THERE THEY DO KIRTAN, NAAM SIMRAN, BANI FROM GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI,AND ABOUT BHAI SAAB HE JUST WANT US TO DO JIWAN SAFLA, I WISH I GET THE CHANCE TO GO THERE AS WELL

WAHEGURU JI'S KIRPA HOWEH MEREH WARGI GUNAH GAAR NU APPNEH CHARNA NAAL JODH LAWEH. SADH SANGAT DI DAAT DEHWEH

NOTHING IS WRONG AIM IS 1, GOAL IS 1. IS ONLY EKONKAR

TRY TO GO THERE UR SELF AND TRY TO UNDERSTAND WHAT THEY SAYING AND FORGET ABUT THE REST TILL U HAVE HEARD TILL NOW, MAAN JUDH JAWEH TAH NAAM DI DAAT MIL JANDI HAI

AMRIT NAAM NIDHAN HAI MIL PIWOH PAI

TUHADI CHARNA WICH BENTI HAI KISI GAL DA BORA LAGYA HOWEH TAH MAAF KARNA.

PAR MAIN TAH APP TARAS RAHI HAN UTHEH JAAN NU

OHH RASTA PYARA OH JAN PIYARA OH GUR DI SANGAT PYARI JO HAR NAAL MILAN DA RAAH DIKHAWEH

WAHEGURU JI

• 8 months later...
Guest Nipwan

I have seen this type of behaviour before. Especially in cults that have a leader whose doing some religious type of healing (the subject ends up in some type of religious trance and starts to shake and become uncontrollable, it looks similar to a fit and it seems that the subject is unaware of themselves completely). I think the scientific community is largely undecided as to what is taking place here, however many of them look at it negatively as some sort of mass hysteria type of phenomenon.

The main question is, which of the Guru's exhibited this type of process to reach enlightenment, did any of the Guru's assist their disciples in reaching enlightment using such methods? Is there ANY evidence that this type process or behaviour was prevalent amongst historical Sikh times or during the days of the Guru?

If the answer to this is No, then where did Ajit Singh aquire this from? My main reference is to the physical symptoms that are exhibited by the devotee (uncontrolled shaking, fits etc).

I think most people assumed that Simran was done in a Yoga like way, where the subject sits crossed legged, concentrates on God and performs NamJaap or recites a religious mantra. It is thought that that his how the Guru's meditated on God.

Adding to this, the wide assumption was that to help achieved enlightenment, one meditated on Gods name.

Would this type of method taught by Ajit Singh by classified as meditating on God?

These are several questions I pose to you for my own curiousity. I am only asking these to find out more, I do not have an opinion to whether this method of religious devotion is positive or negative.

Thanks

Waheguru.

THE GOOD:

I have just started attending the Swindon diwans this month. Have only been to two so far.

I must say that everything Bhai Ajit Singh says 'feels' true, deep within. He explains Gurbani, not with his own words, but using other sections of Gurbani. He will answer your questions about Gurbani, using Gurbani and that surely can't be a bad thing?

In this Sunday's diwan he said there are 3 important things ("1. To say Waheguru", "2. To listen to yourself saying it") he said no matter how much you do this, it is futile if you do not do "3. Live your daily life honestly and truthfully as a gurmukh would".

None of this feels wrong to me at all. I also raised some questions with Bhai Ajit Singh at the end, as he welcomes as many questions from the sangat as they want to ask. He answered my question as a true Gurmukh and again his answer felt right.

This sunday's topic in particular was about 'Ninda/Chugli etc...' (I did listen carefully, although my eyes were on the Tabla player, as i am learning to play myself!!!). Bhai Ajit Singh also mentioned we should not bad mouth anyone (including other factions of Sikhs, other religions, anyone), as we are all God's creation. To see God, all you need to do is look around you as his creation is everywhere. If you bad mouth or find fault in anyone or anything, you are bad mouthing and finding fault in God's creation because ultimately he is the one true creator of everything. I don't like to think about things as being right or wrong (as that easily leads us to fear, hate, anger, suffering, as Yoda would say!), it also leads us to pride and ego. I like to look at things being on different paths in life and we have to try and focus ourselves to the path we want to be on. Ultimately, even this is in God's hands and we can only live according to his Kirpa.

So to summarise, everything Bhai Ajit Singh has said in the past two weeks feels right and i will be going again this Sunday. If not for anything but for the amazing Kirtan. The Sunday's diwan uplifts me for the week ahead, so again, it can't be a bad thing.

THE BAD:

The one thing i still fail to understand is why the guy sitting 3 feet to my right, lept up in the air like a frog and started having what one can only describe as "an epileptic fit". He accidentally knocked the turban off the guy sitting next to him when his arms were flailing around. He wasn't the only one this happened to, as there were several others, and a woman towards the end of the Diwan. When this happened to them, others had to restrain them and layed them down. The feet pointing towards SGGS (in this particular circumstance, when the person seems to have lost control of their body) does not worry me too much. I always remember hearing the story of Guru Nanak Dev Ji's feet pointing to Mecca and him telling the 'maulwi' that God is everywhere. So i'm not sure why we make such of a big deal about not pointing the feet towards SGGS, because surely God is everywhere. Is a bad person, who doesn't point his feet towards SGGS any better than a good person who lives his life according to SGGS but may point his feet towards it?

Getting back to the point. It was a real distraction seeing the fits and has got me thinking. Not about Bhai Ajit Singh and what he preached but the about the people that have the fits.

I also cannot comprehend or understand the following scenarios:

1. Did our ten gurus go through this stage of having fits?

2. Did Bhai Ajit Singh himself have these fits?

3. What would happen to someone doing Waheguru simran in their own at home, if they had a fit?

4. Is it all simply down to the way these people are breathing, which causes them to hyper-ventilate or simply starve themselves of oxygen because they don't know how to breathe properly?

SUMMARY:

Apart from the fits, I have heard or seen nothing bad going on at Swindon. In fact, they seem to be taking a fresh approach to things. In that Bhai Ajit Singh receives no money when doing Kirtan and was himself serving Parshadas to the sangat at the end; rather than sitting in some hidden room giving Naam in privacy. He made a point of doing it in the Sangat. There is no committee at the PMKC Swindon gurudwara as it is run purely by the sangat.

The cynic in me sometimes wonders if it is this 'positive' change that others are afraid of because it hurts their own pockets?

CONCLUSION:

So i have questions which need answering. Rather than thinking up answers of my own, i will ask Bhai Ajit Singh myself today. As he openly gives out his phone number and welcomes any questions.

In my opinion it is always best to get the news "Straight from the Horse's Mouth" as they say.

Once i have spoken to Bhai Ajit Singh, i will post his answer here, which i hope will clear both mine and the rest of the sangat's doubts about what is going on.

As for the lady who put up the original post i can say only one thing (not that i am wise or have much experience in life):

"Do what YOU feel is right within YOU. Anything you do whilst meditating on God, can only be right, if you did it with true love and affection for God. If someone is forcing you to do something then you will be living your life as a slave, which is wrong. Here our gurus have taught us to defend ourselves (not by pulling out a sword or fighting) but by exhausting every means available to us, before resorting to the sword."

Waheguru.

in sikh ideology we must be like the lotus flower.

the lotus flower sits and floats on the water and is totally uneffected by the water current or behaviour of the water. it just sits there and floats, uneffected.

that is how we must be. like and interact with this sansaar, but be totally uneffected by what goes on around us. just be focused on the goal of your destiny.

whatever is going on in you private life is your own, let it happen, and do not try to waver it one way or the other. if you can prevent a conflict, then do so. but if not, shake it off and dont let it shake your atma.

Waheguru.

UPDATE TO PREVIOUS POST:

As mentioned in the post above i was going to contact Bhai Ajit Singh.

I called him this evening and did not realise that he has a full time job. He was still more than happy to take the time to answer my question.

To be honest a lot of what he said went over my head as i am still very new to not only Swindon but Naam japna full-stop. I have led a very manmukh jeevan and still do to some extent, so do not have the level of understanding about Gurbani that Bhai Ajit Singh does. I do however have access to 'Sikhi To The Max' which allows me to search myself to confirm what Bhai Ajit Singh was quoting from gurbani.

To summarise Bhai Ajit Singh said the following:

1. Not everyone goes through the stages of fits.

2. It is not something that would happen with you doing simran on your own in a room.

3. It is not due to a breathing problem/hyper-ventilation/suffocation etc...

4. It has something to do with us being in 'Tregun' and when we awaken our sleeping 4th stage ???

5. He mentioned words such as 6th house, 'Paun', 'Shabd Surt' ???

6. He said it could well happen to me and only then would i truly understand what the people having the fits are experiencing.

7. When people have fits they are basically in a state of ecstacy and do not want to stop/leave the state their in, the fits are them putting up a fight of some sort to not return from that state ???

8. The people who have fits are failing to do something correctly which causes the fits. They are then taught further techniques of how to stop having the fits and reach the blissful state, calmly, without injuring themselves or others.

9. The reason people don't see this happening in other factions of Sikhs is because these methods have become 'gupt' are only being rediscovered now ???

Bhai Ajit Singh said he would dedicate a future diwan to explain this whole 'fit' thing further in the coming few weeks and asked that i attend and both see and practice for myself, as it will further clarify why the fits happen.

Unless i have a fit myself, i don't think I'll ever understand exactly what the select few are experiencing and why. I guess that applies to many things in life. I could tell someone how nice a Mango tastes as much as i want but they'll never know what it tastes like until they taste it themselves. Even then, their tastes may differ and they may not like it at all! We are all individuals as 'manmukhs' but have all come from one god and realise this as 'gurmukhs'.

I will continue to go to Swindon because nothing that Bhai Ajit Singh preaches feels outside the Gurbani. When someone has a fit in the Sangat, Bhai Ajit Singh will try and break the fit by stopping the 'Waheguru' simran with 'WJKK WJKF'. The kirtan is also amazing as well as the Tabla player (who i am hoping to pick up some new techniques from!).

I will attend approx 10 more diwans as well as the one week course at the end of July.

I think i will be in a better position to post a more meaningful reply in August sometime. Who knows i may even persuade Bhai Ajit Singh to post his own reply to this thread!!!

I don't feel i am in any position to dismiss or do 'Ninda' of something i have no understanding about, after only attending two diwans.

History shows how our own gurus toiled for years before getting their message across.

I think we are so entangled in this rat race of a world, we expect answers immediately to everything.

I believe the saying goes something like this: "Sehaj Pake So Mitha Hoey, Kali Agey Toey'

Every morning when we wake up:

1. When we first open our eyes, if only we thanked god for giving us sight

2. When we first hear something, if only we thanked god for giving us hearing

3. When we first say something, if only we thanked god for giving us a voice

4. When we first touch something, if only we thanked god for the hands he has given us

5. When we first stand on our feet, if only we thanked god for giving us a complete body

I understand there may be people who have some sort of disability but whatever they still have functional, the above can still apply for those bodily functions.

If we could go through our daily routine remembering the above, no problem would ever seem like a problem.

I thank god for giving me a full able body and have been using a new technique which is working wonders for me.

Every time i face a problem or am about to get angry/worried about something, i close my eyes and imagine if i were blind. My problem, anger and worries disappear!

We spend our lives criticising and moaning and rarely stop to thank god for all he has given us.

Waheguru

• 2 months later...
Guest Gurleen

As a Sikh youth living in a western society I have two question that I am unclear about. I have done some research regarding the consumption of alochol and having boyfriend/girl. I still wasn't able to get a clear answer. Therefore, I was wondering if drinking alochol a sin within our religion? and having a boyfriend/girlfriend also a sin?