Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh!

How come Singhnees always have to wear pajamis with their cholas and Singhs dont have to?

Like how the Singh's just wear their kachera under their cholla but singhnees have to wear pajamis.

I am just wondering because I have never seen a Singhnee do that before.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh!

Guest SikhForLife

cuz we r sexist. period.

no seriously.. it would mean ur legs would be showing.. (partially).. and it would distract manmukhs like us... no one is stopping you from doing it..

men should wear pajamas too .. thats the only way to solve it..

its just an old indian thing..

in some cultures (african) women are half naked and its normal.. in indian culture legs (women) showing in public is offensive.....

Guest pajami wearer

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Bhen Ji, it is the same reason as to why when you take amrit, the singhs take off their pajamis and the singhnees dont. :nihungsmile:

I hope you get the idea. B)

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

yes.. But what is that reason?

Just because people are sexist?

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

because ghor kaljug is going on there are many who could see the legs and feel sexist,but very less could just feel as a human body part sister jee rolleyes.gif so it is a needs to wear pajamis(sexist goes for both male and female) rolleyes.gif take care god bless

vaaheguru ji ka khalsa vaaheguru ji ki fateh

Actually daas has heard there's a 'Gori' Katha Vachak Nihung Bibi living in California. She's a doctor by profession and she wears baana all the time, i.e.: choola, dumalla and no Pujami.

Either all Singhs should start wearing Pujamea or either we should let women have their choice.

We need to solve issues like Kaur Seva in Sri Darbar Sahib. Lets work on what's more important right now. We can find answers to small things later on.

vaaheguru ji ka khalsa vaaheguru ji ki fateh

Guest Singhne

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I think we need to solve bigger issues then these small issues that wont really get us anywhere. i strongly agree with Son of Guru Gobind Singh Ji.

Gurfateh

It is not the life you live, but the courage you bring to it.

in indian culture legs (women) showing in public is offensive.....

Actually, I have heard this is true for men too sometimes. (When I was younger) I was wearing shorts once and all these older singhs started looking at me weird. I was eventually yelled at. But then I asked them what about people who dont wear pajamis with cholas? and I dont think they liked questions cause they basically told me to be quiet and know my place. Anyway the point is, its a double standard, just like everything else in our culture..