Sikh Converted To Islam!

All-Info

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How come Sikhs are converting to Islam? It seems like a lot of Sikhs are converting to Islam these dayz. What is up with that? What is that Islam has that Sikhism doesn't have?

I think Sikhs who convert to Islam because they feel more accepted by them compare to feeling accepted in the Sikh community. I could be wrong tho.

How come Sikhs are converting to Islam? It seems like a lot of Sikhs are converting to Islam these dayz. What is up with that? What is that Islam has that Sikhism doesn't have?

I think Sikhs who convert to Islam because they feel more accepted by them compare to feeling accepted in the Sikh community. I could be wrong tho.

It's usually a mixture of things from what i've seen. What really shocked me about the case here was that a bloke converted. Truth be told I've seen lots of girls convert over the years but never a guy. That was one of the main reasons I was so desperate to go I just couldn't believe it. Had to see with my own eyes.

Why do they do it?

That reason you mentioned is one, Panjabis can be harsh baastaads when they want and we aren't the most inclusive community! For example, where I live loads of muslim guys have married white girls and they have converted, wearing the headscrarf and that, they get quickly and fully accepted into the society. On the other hand, If a Sikh guy did that usually there is "purthoo" in the family...lol....and generally the girl isn't accepted.

Weak mindedness i(or plain dumbness) is another reason from what I see, often the convertees haven't had any solid grounding in their own heritage and fall prey to the brainwashing techniques of the guys. I think some people are easy to sway in that way than others. I know some Sikh/Panjabi guys who are as thick as planks about their heritage but would still never convert, and would fight anyone who tried to make them...even though they couldn't name the 10 Gurus or don't know that Sikhs are not supposed to believe caste on paper.

Related to this is that Islam is very strict and has lots of rigid rules and explanations for stuff, so if you can't handle grey areas and need everything spelt out......you would be baffled by Sikhi I imagine.

LOVE.......sometimes a girl will just meet a guy and get loved up and not give a shite about anything else and is even ready to convert to be with him. An understanding ofthis is used a lot by crafty sulay.

Harsh treatment - When people grow up in "funky" domestic situations (say due to alcoholism) they are often treated badly by the wider community. This makes them hate them and want to leave. They find open arms in religions which like to convert.

Similarly having crap role models in your own community/family can make you disgusted and want to get away.....when you do, guess what kind of people are waiting to scoop you up...

I think these are some of the main ones?

Just a couple of observations.

Islamists like to make you think that 'a lot' of Sikhs are converting to Islam. You may have heard the phrase - Islam is the fastest growing religion - well this is a fallacy of composition ie. If you repeat a lie often enough it gains credibility and then comes true.

The fact is in the sclae of thingns very few Sikhs convert to Islam, but they are broadcast very loudly to undermine Sikhi. It is a desperate ply by an insecure religion that feels it is loosing control.

Secondly, there is nothing lacking in Sikhi, but there is much lacking in the Sikh institutions- in particular Gurdwaras. We need more scholars and good quality material written in English not by some Pindoo.

There are many Muslims embracing Sikhi (see Muslim2Sikh.tk) its just that we don't broadcast it. There are many English converts to Sikhism (go to kriya centre) its just we don't broadcast it and we don't need to as the truth is the truth.

Just a couple of observations.

Islamists like to make you think that 'a lot' of Sikhs are converting to Islam. You may have heard the phrase - Islam is the fastest growing religion - well this is a fallacy of composition ie. If you repeat a lie often enough it gains credibility and then comes true.

The fact is in the sclae of thingns very few Sikhs convert to Islam, but they are broadcast very loudly to undermine Sikhi. It is a desperate ply by an insecure religion that feels it is loosing control.

Secondly, there is nothing lacking in Sikhi, but there is much lacking in the Sikh institutions- in particular Gurdwaras. We need more scholars and good quality material written in English not by some Pindoo.

There are many Muslims embracing Sikhi (see Muslim2Sikh.tk) its just that we don't broadcast it. There are many English converts to Sikhism (go to kriya centre) its just we don't broadcast it and we don't need to as the truth is the truth.

Very true ...the lie big time........ if one converts they multiply it by 50 ...these are their tactics....they over-hype their positives and completey ignore or undermine their negatives like flaws in quran, honour killings, people leaving islam, their girls going out wiv non muslims e.t.c .And they like to spread the false news via messeges, flooding e mails, forums or via word of mouth...these are just their tactics to discourage other people and gain a mental edge over others. Most of the time their claims are often over-hyped,biased and sometimes false and baseless.

We need to be careful and not take their information for guaranteed.