Bhai Baljit Singh Gurmeet Singh Namdhari – Distortion Of Bani In Our Gurdwaras

tableji

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Naamdhari Kirtan Rocks!! :)

Naamdhari may possess some outstanding “rocking” classical raag skills but shouldn’t we be intelligent enough to realize that they also publicly recognise a human Guru who openly makes a claim that he is the Sikh Guru, not the naamdhari Guru but the Guru who is carrying the Gurgaddi for Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj. Based on that simple fact and that no other group/individual makes such a direct claim, I fail to see why some Sikh Gurdwara give them a platform or Sikhs overlook this. Is it not what they call “a conflict of interest”?

Indifference is a disease, look around so many are suffering from it.

I am not saying to have a specific apathy towards the Naamdharis, but I am implying that we need more of a critical awareness of what we could essentially be supporting.

Naamdari or Taksali we are all primarily the same, if we cant even understand this there is no point bothering with any thing else.

Equality, opportunity, diversity are just some of the unique qualities of Sikhi and the some of the gospels of humanity. We are just entangled in moral judgement for all sorts of reason but there are no credits in judging fellow beings.

I am not saying to have a specific apathy towards the Naamdharis, but I am implying that we need more of a critical awareness of what we could essentially be supporting.

Naamdari or Taksali we are all primarily the same, if we cant even understand this there is no point bothering with any thing else.

Equality, opportunity, diversity are just some of the unique qualities of Sikhi and the some of the gospels of humanity. We are just entangled in moral judgement for all sorts of reason but there are no credits in judging fellow beings.

I think you're going to hit a nerve making a statement that Naamdhari or Taksal are the same. Everyone’s got the basic human right to enjoy Gurbani and there should be no infringement on anyone individuals right regardless of belief.

Where the arena of the Gurdwara or mainstream Sikhi is concerned, we need to really tread carefully when promoting certain groups as part of the bigger recognized Sikh panth, particularly where a living human Dehdari Guru is concerned. If on one side we promote the 10 Dehdari Gurus and eternal Shabad Guru but on another side we affiliate with 15 Dehdari Gurus, then all we are doing is confusing an already confused world.

kbIr qUM qUM krqw qU hUAw muJ mih rhw n hUM ]

kabeer thoo(n) thoo(n) karathaa thoo hooaa mujh mehi rehaa n hoo(n) ||

Kabeer, repeating, ""You, You"", I have become like You. Nothing of me remains in myself.

jb Awpw pr kw imit gieAw jq dyKau qq qU ]204]

jab aapaa par kaa mitt gaeiaa jath dhaekho thath thoo ||204||

When the difference between myself and others is removed, then wherever I look, I see only You. ||204||

all the hating with namdharis read that you people claim u believe guru granth sahib ji to be our guru... then why say that some one who believes something else is wrong?

I got all this from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Namdhari

There are just some things i would like to point out about namdharis Khalsa ji rolleyes.gif after doing moreee research lol.

1) ok first thing, on the site it says "The Sikh belief that the line of personal Gurus ended with the death of Sri Satguru Gobind Singh Ji in 1708, is denied by the Namdhari Sikhs. They insist that the Sri Satguru Gobind Singh Ji lived for 146 years (1666-1812), eventually bestowing the succession on Sri Satgur Guru Balak Singh Ji of Hazro in 1812. Thus, he became the 11th Guru for the Namdharis."

They say Guru Gobind Singh Ji Mahraj lived for 146 years. Kinda cancells itself out doesnt it???

2) "His successor, the 12th Guru, Sri Satguru Ram Singh Ji(1816-), is revered in the religion as arguably the most important Guru. His status in the religion is similar to that of Sri Satguru Nanak Dev Ji's. Although he was exiled in 1872 and was never heard from again, legend has it that he is still alive and one day will return to lead the Namdharis.

They say that ram Singh bloke is 'argueably' the most important Guru blink.gif Dont even get me started on this!!!! jamdoot.gif

Sabh Tey Vada Satguru Nanak!!

3) "His successor, the 12th Guru, Sri Satguru Ram Singh Ji(1816-), is revered in the religion as arguably the most important Guru. His status in the religion is similar to that of Sri Satguru Nanak Dev Ji's. Although he was exiled in 1872 and was never heard from again,legend has it that he is still alive and one day will return to lead the Namdharis."

okk so he died in 1872, im no scientist but theres no way he could be alive in 2008!

4) "His successor, the 12th Guru, Sri Satguru Ram Singh Ji(1816-), is revered in the religion as arguably the most important Guru. His status in the religion is similar to that of Sri Satguru Nanak Dev Ji's. Although he was exiled in 1872 and was never heard from again, legend has it that he is still alive and one day will return to lead the Namdharis."

I thought Sikhs werent suppose to believe in this halloween 'hokusy pokusy" stuff!!

5) "The Namdharis are strict vegetarians and vigorous protectors of the cow."

Dont hindus do the same??

6) "Aside from being vegetarians the Namdharis are not allowed to drink tap water, and the water must be drawn from the lake or captured from rain."

Sounds like sum sort of ritual?

7) "The Namdharis usually marry within their own sect (similar to many other religions), but since it is a religion, one may marry someone from another 'religion' as well."

Proves they are not Sikhs!!!

And finally...........

8) SABH SIKHAN KO HUKAM HAI, GURU MANEYO GRANTH!!!