Bhai Baljit Singh Gurmeet Singh Namdhari – Distortion Of Bani In Our Gurdwaras

tableji

I read this in gupt forum and felt that it should be brought to attention here, where it would be more widely read.

Bhai Baljit Singh Gurmeet Singh Namdhari – Distortion of Bani in our Gurdwaras

The last month has seen the arrival of prominent naamdhari keertania, Bhai Baljeet Singh Gurmeet Singh, to the UK. They have been performing at various guru ghars over this period of time and have achieved wide support from the sangat.

This is believed to be due to the fact that they

1. Bow to Guru Granth Sahib Ji

2. Say Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa Vaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!

3. Stand in the ardaas

Everyone has seemed to be lulled into a false sense that, maybe these guys are different from namdharis. Maybe they are different?

Sadly however this does not prove to be true. During Aasaa Dee Vaar, the naamdharis are guilty of distortion of gurbani on the tukh.

nIl bsqR ly kpVy pihry qurk pTwxI Amlu kIAw

neel basathr lae kaparrae pehirae thurak pat(h)aanee amal keeaa ||

Men began to wear blue robes and garments; Turks and Pat'haans assumed power.

The namdharis say PwVy In place of pihry

I went to an Aasaa Dee Vaar programme at the newly opened West Ealing Gurdwara on February 4th 2007, where Baljit Singh Gurmeet Singh were doing keertan.

Now when they got that specific tukh, Gurmeet Singh froze. The line was completely missed out. There was a silence of about 5 seconds, and Gurmeet Singh started an alaap on the next line.

Please find attached two audio files. One of an old naamdhari Aasa Dee Vaar recording, and the other, a recording from the 4th February 2007

Baljeet Singh Gurmeet Singh are going to be doing Aassa Dee Vaar for the whole of next week. Monday 5th – Friday 9th February from 5-6.30am, Saturday 8th – Sunday 9th – 6.30-8am.

Please go and see for yourselves.

4.mp3

old_asa.mp3

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read this in gupt forum and felt that it should be brought to attention here, where it would be more widely read.

Bhai Baljit Singh Gurmeet Singh Namdhari – Distortion of Bani in our Gurdwaras

The last month has seen the arrival of prominent naamdhari keertania, Bhai Baljeet Singh Gurmeet Singh, to the UK. They have been performing at various guru ghars over this period of time and have achieved wide support from the sangat.

This is believed to be due to the fact that they

1. Bow to Guru Granth Sahib Ji

2. Say Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa Vaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!

3. Stand in the ardaas

Everyone has seemed to be lulled into a false sense that, maybe these guys are different from namdharis. Maybe they are different?

Sadly however this does not prove to be true. During Aasaa Dee Vaar, the naamdharis are guilty of distortion of gurbani on the tukh.

nIl bsqR ly kpVy pihry qurk pTwxI Amlu kIAw

neel basathr lae kaparrae pehirae thurak pat(h)aanee amal keeaa ||

Men began to wear blue robes and garments; Turks and Pat'haans assumed power.

The namdharis say PwVy In place of pihry

I went to an Aasaa Dee Vaar programme at the newly opened West Ealing Gurdwara on February 4th 2007, where Baljit Singh Gurmeet Singh were doing keertan.

Now when they got that specific tukh, Gurmeet Singh froze. The line was completely missed out. There was a silence of about 5 seconds, and Gurmeet Singh started an alaap on the next line.

Please find attached two audio files. One of an old naamdhari Aasa Dee Vaar recording, and the other, a recording from the 4th February 2007

Baljeet Singh Gurmeet Singh are going to be doing Aassa Dee Vaar for the whole of next week. Monday 5th – Friday 9th February from 5-6.30am, Saturday 8th – Sunday 9th – 6.30-8am.

Please go and see for yourselves.

If the fact that they are Namdharis who have no respect for the sovereignty of SGGS does make our people think then dont expect this manipulation of Gurbani to rock anyone's concious.

As their main made Jagjit once said "Sikhi is atta and Namdharis are the salt!" How more wrong and ignorant can Namdharis be......

I think the way they perform keertan is absolutely mind blowing. Absolutely beautiful and so damn unique i listen away in awe.

I hear they (baljit singh, gurmeet singh) actually do not bow down nor follow the naamdhaari sect anymore. They have not changed their dastaar styles so look distinctively naamdhaari. As for the bani - please take this up with the keertani seeing as you are able to visit them and discuss with them. Everyone makes mistakes and thats all it could be. At least make the attempt to resolve the problems first before u go starting threads on a public forum.

I go to rehansbhais and so forth and hear enough mistakes in bani that is sung - and if i get the chance to meet the keertanis afterwards, i ask them and then tell them what i know to be correct - this way, it helps me learn and them learn too.

Forgive my mistakes on this post as well. Request this to be moved or removed if the above resolution for this issue is not partaken.

I dont no much about these ppl but all i wud like to say is ppl can make mistakes. i admit that in the past i have made lots nd lots of mistakes in my keertan, as long as you plea for sorry or correct yourself, but i'm not so sure about them not saying wjkk wjkf , i personally think that is as important as standing up in ardass...... i think thats disrespectful....

Bhul chuk maaph

i think what ur failing to realise is, naamdharis do this beadbi of bani as u can hear from the old-asa clip. so its just seems a bit convenient to me how they missed that line out. I mean it is about neel bastr- blue clothing bana, which naamdharis completely reject.

They claim that u will go to hell if u wear blue. they also hate black and kesri aswell

I think the way they perform keertan is absolutely mind blowing. Absolutely beautiful and so damn unique i listen away in awe.

I hear they (baljit singh, gurmeet singh) actually do not bow down nor follow the naamdhaari sect anymore. They have not changed their dastaar styles so look distinctively naamdhaari. As for the bani - please take this up with the keertani seeing as you are able to visit them and discuss with them. Everyone makes mistakes and thats all it could be. At least make the attempt to resolve the problems first before u go starting threads on a public forum.

I go to rehansbhais and so forth and hear enough mistakes in bani that is sung - and if i get the chance to meet the keertanis afterwards, i ask them and then tell them what i know to be correct - this way, it helps me learn and them learn too.

Forgive my mistakes on this post as well. Request this to be moved or removed if the above resolution for this issue is not partaken.

We will always appear to fall short of realising the repercussions of indirectly promoting dehdhari guruship by glancing at the “wonderful kirtan performance”. Does a dehdhari guru follower need to wear a neon sign saying “I follow Guru Jagjit Singh Maharaj the 15th Nanak” in order for us to not put him on a Gurdwara stage? There is a distinct outer look that naamdharis adopt which distinguishes them i.e. white specific style dastaar, tight white kurtan pyjama, white socks and no kirpan. Many of us know a naamdhari from this distinct look, but alas many others will not realise the dissimilarity and confuse them and their mat with mainstream Sikhi.

Now the physical act of bowing to Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, given the circumstances anyone can and will do that. Did Indira Gandhi not physically bow in front of Sri Guru Granth Sahib when she visited Darbar Sahib after June 84, does that mean she accepted Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji as her Guru? Don’t 90% of the Sikh population bow in front of Sri Guru Granth Sahib even though they carry out kurehats and manmat? Are we being foolish to think anyone can fast track sitting on a Gurdwara stage based on their ability to give a great performance. How prepared would most of us be to enter a naamdhari gurdwara and listen to the same “style” of keertan or listen to a katha about Sikhi by a radhasoami or nirankari preacher?

Are we being responsible or irresponsible?

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I haven't heard the recordings, but from the account given by tableji, this is very disturbing.

NO-ONE has the right to alter bani. If Gurmeet Singh Baljeet Singh have sung Bani and altered it intentionally, then this puts them in the same category as Ram Rai. NOTHING can excuse or justify their behaviour.

Waheguroo