confused someone help

cyb3r_wolf

hi i was reading my english translated guru granth sahib and i saw it had phrases like:

: Without the Guru, the disease is not cured, and the pain of egotism is not removed. By Guru’s Grace, He dwells in the mind, and one remains immersed in His Name. Through the Word of the Guru’s Shabad, the Lord is found; without the Shabad, people wander, deceived by doubt

if we should only worship god then why does it mension guru a lot?

someone help out

read the mool mantra. this is the root to god.

in this mool mantra it states gurparsad.

This means that you can only reach god by the grace of your guru. Without the guru to guide you, you are lost. you also need gurmantar to reach god from your guru as stated in the name. if you are not guided then how do you know what you are doing is right. if you do not have a guru you become ego tistical. you need to pay respects to someone in order to eleviate your egotism.

Just look at baba Farid Jee who spent many years meditating on gods name without a guru and achieved nothing because the ego was shadowing all the good work done.

listen to katha of Baba Farid Jee by Baba Ishar Singh jee on gursikhijeevan.com