Politics And Religion- Cut Hair

singh2k

religion is more of a political issue than its spiritual gains. its mainly about what the majority thinks, i posted a few topics on this site about cutting my hair, some people disagreed, some agreed, some called me a typical stupid dumb american, some told me to chop off my head instead and the list goes on forever. i'm tired of these sikhs who call themselves sikhs just because they have a turban on. its a disgrace.

the gurudawa is mainly politics also, the paji tries to bring in more sangat= more money= bigger reputation= beat the other gurudawa's competition. i spoke with my local paji and told him i started going to another gurudawa. he was <Edited> off and just walked away as if i had betrayed him in some way.

richmond hill gurudawa, alot of things happened there, when i was a kid, so called leaders in gurudawa's were fighting inside the gurudawa, it became a big issue so the police had to come in.

my friend just visited amritsar this fall and was telling me how there was a big fight in a gurudawa, where the pugh's were thrown to the floor and all, issue was headlined on the front page of the daily news.

the other day on ZEE TV (indian channel) there was a advertisement for some paji in richmond hill gurudawa with alot of sikhs, " VOTE FOR BHAI ......(forgot the name)." i was amused, " HOW THE #*$ DID THEY RAISE MONEY TO BE ON ZEE TV? "

this one bhai ji had said, " if we stop judging each other, the sikh religion will never die"

so my fellow sangat, dont you think religion is somewhat similar to politics?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Narinder Singh

Do u want the sangat to tell u what u want to hear and be sympathetic or do u want to hear what u need to? If one Sikh is told by a fellow Sikh that they want to cut their hair ur not gonna hear "i understand", youre going to hear how much Sikhs did to preserve that beautiful dastar and kes that u are finding any reason to get rid of. What youre going through is simply a test by Akal Purakh, he does this to all of us to see who is truly his pyara.

And yes, a devout sikh would rather have his or her head cut off or be scalped alive than have their hair cut, if u wont, then thats you, dont insult the ones who would.

You talk about not judging others but all youve seemed to do in this post is judge others. Isnt it your responsibility to make sure fights dont happen in gurdwareh and people arent taking each others pughs off? Or is it just your responsibility to complain about it and not do jack? I used to complain about the problems in our gurdwara too until i realized its EVERYONES responsibility that things of this sort never happen at gurdwarehs, not just the committee members.

Fateh

yeah i agree.

oh well.

there are many corrupted sikhs out there. i'm not just complainting about it, but theres nothing i can do about it, plus even if i get into all this i'll probably end up corrupted as well.

waheguru isn't testing me, i have spoken with him the other day and he told me its alright if i cut my hair, but as long as i dont loose faith.

FATEH!

Guest Narinder Singh
yeah i agree.

oh well.

there are many corrupted sikhs out there. i'm not just complainting about it, but theres nothing i can do about it, plus even if i get into all this i'll probably end up corrupted as well.

waheguru isn't testing me, i have spoken with him the other day and he told me its alright if i cut my hair, but as long as i dont loose faith.

FATEH!

And i guess waheguru wiill stop youre hair from going too, he doesnt want u to go through the trouble of cutting it over and over again right? :D

We lose faith in waheguru when we say we're right and he's wrong (for example, cutting our "waheguru given" hair).

And we should worry about ourselves being corrupt or becoming corrupted before others, its easy to look out, but we hardly look within.

Fateh.

yeah i agree.

oh well.

FATEH!

Kid, i'd let you deal with your misery in your personal life. But since you are intent on sharing your distorted views with influential youth here, tell us exactly which faith is that you are intent on not losing? What are the tenants of that faith?

You must have misdialed as you could not have talked to waheguroo. I talked to waheguroo the other day and it was a she, not a he, and she said that it is hypocritical for a sikh to cut thier hair and claim to keep faith.

Bro do remember to do ardaas before you go out to cut hair!

I heard some of them ruin your haircut!

i might loose my identity as a sikh but i will still be a sikh by heart, whether you like it or not.

At the end of the day paji, what you do is up to you... You asked for peoples opinions here and got them.

Just going to mention a quote here from Guru Gobind Singh Ji.

'Rehat Pyaree Mujh Ko Sikh Pyaraa Naahee'

If my translations correct, its alongs the lines of:

Rehat/ Guru's Code is beloved to me, a Sikh is not.

I sort of understand what you mean though, just keeping a turban and uncut hair is not it... We should do ardas and with Vaheguru's kirpa, we will slowly be able to keep our rehats pray.gif