Subjugation Of Sikh Kids

Guest s133k_s1kh

Guest s133k_s1kh

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

No doubt as kids, they are our responsibilty and thy should be brought up according to SIKHI but what if after a certain age thy find the sikh way distressing. Considering the spurt of hair cutting incidents, makin up stories of racial attacks, i strongly feel there is somethg wrong with the upbringing of these kids or the pressure of lookin different in society is takin its toll on em.

First it was the US, then Scotland and Moga(India). Both US and India stories were exposed and the culprits were the sikh youth themselves. But bearing in mind the Scotland hair cutting incident the first thought tht comes is the peaceful Sikh protests against wht happened and the coverage we got from the media. The events tht have unfolded now have brought shame to the Sikh community of UK in particular. The Scottish Sikh lad involved in this incident has confessed to fabricating the hair cuttin incident and makin it look like a case of racial abuse.

I would like Sangats input on the following questions:-

Are sikh kids being forced to follow certain sikh principles? Are sikh kids being given the proper education about sikhi ? Why do certain individuals tend to break free from some core sikh beliefs?

Should compeling sikh kids to keep hair be considered equivalent to muslim women being forced to wear hijab??

Discussssssss....................

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Are sikh kids being forced to follow certain sikh principles?

By punjabi parents. Sikh parents would encourage them and explain why.

Are sikh kids being given the proper education about sikhi ?

No, because punjabi parents tend be like "just do it coz i said so".. great that solves everything :D

Why do certain individuals tend to break free from some core sikh beliefs?

We all have our weaknesses, some more than others. Half of the reason is parent's inability to learn about Sikhi themselves, they rather stick to the ego-istic idea of "i am right" and "follow blindly".

Should compeling sikh kids to keep hair be considered equivalent to muslim women being forced to wear hijab??

as far as i know, muslims have the sense to teach the reason behind the hijab. Us punjabi sikhs tend to send kids to the gurdwara gurbani class or whatever and ourselves chill at home.

Ps: i used punjabi rather than sikh - Gorre sikhs don;t seem to have this problem. Its punjabis - they too backwards in their thinking - They even made Sikhi look old fashioned because of the way they dressed it up!

I guess there had to be a reason why Guru Ji came to Punjab rather than places like England..

guru gobind singh ji was born in bihar not punjab

i think its the caste system thats letting us down

wait..i dont get it...what does the caste system have to do with a "sikh" deliberately cutting his/her hair, then later on blaming it on one(s) who had nothing to do with the hair-cutting decision?

Guest waheguruji

i think its the caste system thats letting us down

wait..i dont get it...what does the caste system have to do with a "sikh" deliberately cutting his/her hair, then later on blaming it on one(s) who had nothing to do with the hair-cutting decision?

sorry i was responding to the second poster about punjabis

and about the boy in scotland only the Guru can decide what will happen

we can punish him but that wont change his way of thinking he needs Naam

Guest s133k_s1kh

I ask these questions with the fear of Sikhs being put in the same category as Muslims when it comes to imposing religion on kids. I can see this coming in the near future.

Sikh kids not following the footsteps of Gursikh parents is a known fact. White Sikhs are new to Sikhi and their kids are being brought up the Sikh way. Do you guys see a possiblity of white sikh kids questioning the sikh faith too??

Sikh kids not following the footsteps of Gursikh parents is a known fact. White Sikhs are new to Sikhi and their kids are being brought up the Sikh way. Do you guys see a possiblity of white sikh kids questioning the sikh faith too??

Most likely no, as I said before, because they know what they are talking about lol

its not about birth place veerji.. i'm talking about where their particular aim was

a sikh parents job is to raise their kids into sikhi the best they can. and then still if the kids goes away from sikhi then its not the parents fault. no point forcing either, cause that doesn't last long, i seen it more than enough already.

but mostly we see that the parents themselves are not into sikhi, so how can one expect the kid to be sikh ( in most cases, not all )