Gay Sikh Person

serenity

I was once talking to some one about Gay people being Bishop so on, I said that this would not be allowed in Sikhi and that a Gay person can't been some one that follows God. The person said I am wrong because people who are Gay have a right to be Bishop and pray to God because thats the way god made them, and that the religion should change for Gay people. I said that Sikhi would never change because God made man and women and thats the way it should be. Then he said say in a 100 years time people have changed so they don't need a man or women to make a baby, and they can make babies them self would that person be allowed to become a Sikh then.

What do you guys think

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gur Fateh!

Interesting topic, albeit for some a controversial one! I certainly don’t feel it is for 'us' to judge anyone although discernment is certainly merited. To my knowledge the Sri Guru doesn’t make mention of the topic either. Often I find people ask me this, what do your Guru’s say on the topic...I usually tell them, the Guru’s trained us to be Khashatriyas (Warriors) not sheep, we have God given brains and we’re expected to use them...the Sri Guru doesn’t lower itself to such topics.

As per homosexual behaviour, to step outside of Sikh reference for a moment, if one looks at traditional texts and practices related to health and longevity (India and China to my understanding have the longest records of such material), one will find that male-to-male <admin-profanity filter activated> contact is strongly opposed however the same is not stated for females...but in general, a heterosexual relationship within a martial bond is encouraged with quite extensive writings on the topic with respect to living in Dharma whilst in Grisht...but anyway, this is a different topic all together...

As per homosexuality in Sikhi, historical and even today, and this may upset or shock many people for which I appologise, there has been and continues to be sodomy in practice from the highest level (in the ‘respected’ institutions) down to the lowest level (the rural villages).

I have touched on the latter point in my posts on female infanticide and unbalanced sex ratios in Punjab and the consequent rise in homosexual behaviour elsewhere. In addition to this, sodomy exists in some fairly high places of religious and political importance

where the deliberate attempts to keep females apart from men for extended time periods and the heavy insistence on totally curbing one’s “kaamic’ thoughts and feelings results in this type of perversion.

In fact during the Sikh Raj, some fairly important figures of Sikh History have been known to indulge in homosexual acts within the Sikh Aristocracy and in the rural villages. I have deliberately kept names of individuals and institutions out of this post for obvious reasons.

Just as with the continual anti-Kurimar stance we find in most rehitnamas, recently I have come to learn that many Punj Pyare indicate during Amrit Sanchar to male aspirants as part of the rehit they verbally relay that “two men cannot share the same bed sheet†and in one instance explicitly stated that one is not to engage in homosexual behaviour...again pointing towards to acknowledgement of the problem, hence the need to explicitly make mention of it in the Rehit.

Please forgive any foolish comments in the foregoing, I realise this is a topic that is not easy to discuss and certainly some of the foregoing may be difficult to comprehend, but it is the unfortunate aspect of the world that not everything is as we would like it to be. Similar occurrences are found within the Church (which is increasingly coming under scrutiny) and in other religious institutions.

Humbly,

Niranjana.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Niranjana

Unless you are prepared to name someone from Sikh history then you should not be making the comments that you made. I have come across such rumours before mainly spread by an 'asian' gay organisation.

As for your implication of homosexual behaviour due to the exclusion of women, I can only assume that Nirmala and Udasis indulge in such behaviour since they place such a strong emphasis on celebacy.

GurFateh

Bikramjit

The question that needs to be answered before one can decide if Religion should allow gays is that,

Do Homosexuals have a choice in being Gay or are they Gay from Birth??

Some T.V Shows that do interview Gays, They have said that they have felt this from the beginning. To them it is as Natural to be involved in a Homosexual act as it is for a Hetrosexual.

So If one can find what the truth is in my question. The issue would be much easier to discuss.

My theory about Gays:

We Receive whatever we want from god. Our Desire are the ones responsible for our Reincarnations. So if in one life one Woman is Obsessed with Men. She wants them so bad that she wishes she was one of them. As you can see in the world many people are have operations to be the opposite sex. They are so attached to the opposite sex that when they die, in their minds the thought to be or to get fullfillment from opposite sex exists with such force that they receive the body of the opposite sex in their next birth. Now her mind is still attached to the Male figure and she is in a male body, So being in a Male body, her desire for the male still exists. So he has become a Homosexual. The same can be used for the Male attached to the Female.

Now this theory can only be proven if one can Prove without question that a Homosexual have this attraction from Birth.

The way i see it as is that All are the creation of God himself. I don't think Gays are bad people or they shouldn't be allowed to praise God. God exists within them as well and NO ONE HAS THE RIGHT TO STOP ANYONE FROM TRYING TO MEET HIS CREATOR. What if a Homosexual person has the desire to m

eet god and he needs a religion a path to follow upon would u close the door on his face?? What if a Murderer came would u close the door on him as well?? What gave you the right to stop someone from trying to reach god?? When did you become so high and mighty that you have any right to tell him NO??

The Murderer has committed a crime, but what crime has the Homosexual committed?? If you had to choose between the 2 which one would u let in??

Waheguru.

:@grin.gif

VERY Good post Pheena...

this gives me a WHOLE new perspective of it, Never really thought about it in that way :T:

One Question Pops up tho...

Pheena ji, Do u think, ANAND KARJ SHhuld be Aloud for two Men, or Two Women ohmy.gifohmy.gif :|

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

One Question Pops up tho...

Pheena ji, Do u think, ANAND KARJ SHhuld be Aloud for two Men, or Two Women 

ohmy.gif   ohmy.gif

:@:@:@:@:@ ...............it is a union between a man and a women ....NOT between man and man.....and women and women!..............DON'T worry...this people will get busted before they can even think of doin it! tongue.gif:@