Singhnee With A Tattoo (idiot)

Guest Mili

A very simple answer- it is alteration of your body. Tattooing involves puncturing the skin and then colors are injected.

Again it is a personal decision but for me it would be a big NOOOOO :D .

Vahegurooo Jeee!

Getting a tattoo in my minid is the same as cutting your hair!

You are alternating your body image and turning into something which is pleasing to your mind or someone elses mind. When we do things to please only our mind this is what we call MANMAT!

Even more so nowadays that you must shave the skin in prep for tattooing should be a further sign telling us not to ink ourselves up lol.

This body is a gift of Guru Sahib Jee, we have no RIGHT at all to change it in anyway at all. We must take care of it as a gift and know that in the end we must leave it.

As faar as the Singhni is concerned, I hope she goes to the Panj Piaray for peshi and tell them of this. i know for a fact that a Singh in Toronto went through this and was told by the Panj that he should not brandish it and what is done is done but never be proud and show it off to other people. He was not asked to remove it because futher kes is mutilated in the lasering process.

But the bottom line is we should talk to this daughter of Guru Sahib jee and have her know what is the protocol.

Bibis who do wear keski should hold themselves to a higher regard. Not in an egotisitcal way in not talking to bibis who do not wear dastaars but in a humble way knowing that they portray the image of mata sahib kaur jee and mata gujar kaur jee!

Vaheguroo sanu saaareeyaaa nu SUMAAT bakshoo jeeeeee.

Bhul Chuka Da maaf

Fateh jeeeeeeeo

i beleive bhenji's post above has no arguement aainst it :)

*AvnitK... If your comment was about me/my post, and you think that I am not against tattooing when following Sikhi, please reread this, and my previous post.

Like I had mentioned more than once, please do not judge my statements, (from my previous post(s)) when relating them to (what you believe is/are my) opinion(s) on this 'tattooing matter.' I had asked for people to not prejudge my views, deciding on whether I am against/for/disagreeing, or agreeing with the fact that a person can or cannot get tattooed as an Amrit-dhari.

I had clearly mentioned that:

... (i am not debating about whether her decision was right or wrong. just generally speaking.) ...

... leaving my right-or-wrong opinion out of this, i hope everyone realizes that the above comment should have been thought of before posting. ...

*AvnitK... If you thought otherwise, then I apologize, and please ignore this post. However, if you did think that I am against, or not against tattooing, then please make sure you have read this post.

...peace

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Mr 123

I know that religion is important but there are always topics to debate, after all our religion was created a long time ago, where times were different. In the new age a average persons body would be adapted or changed several times in their lives from their natural stage. I for example have had my tonsils and appendix removed, the latter at the time of removal was full of gangereen and infection and was ready to burst. Does that mean that to abide by religion my faulty body parts should have been left in? Now i know there is a difference between a tatoo and an essentialy life changing/saving operation however it falls under the same catogory in the sense you have altered your body's natural state. Now add in the people who have organ transplants and i think that the body's natural state is hugely more altered than what a tatoo would have changed your body. And I know that there is a wrong and a right and that if asked to explain your actions after life that a life saving operation would be more acceptable than a tatoo, especially a religious tatoo (which i am hugely opposed to). But if your body's natural time has come to an end, by having a transplant or operation you are essentially prolonging what is meant to be. But had sikhism been created in the current age, im sure it would have been more accomodating to technological advances in life. Im a firm believer of Sikhi, however as with every thing in life, there are areas that are debatable and I honestly believe it has a lot to do with the time our religion was created. Just look at the difference between our religion and most others, how our has more commen sense and less areas of debate. I think rather that worrying about little things such as tatoo's and piercings, you should worry about why religions with less sense are increasing in size more than ours. And i know that you probably believe that as long as your a perfect practicing sikh nothing else matters, but it's these kind of theories that have created ceratin people to stray away from religion, and let our girls disgrace their families. You see their are two sides to a Sikh, the one side that most of you sit at home and portray, the good humble not shaven Sardar, but then the whole Sher goes out of the window, no fighting for our religion, jus fighting with each other, gossiping about how you and your families are better than some one who has disgraced. See what most people don't understand is sikhs are in war, we have been for years and that battle is for our religions survival, not over a year nor 5 years nor 10 years but over a few decades, and continue down our current paths our numbers will be cripled, we will always remain a minority. See I was reading through this topic and i came across a few replies which ticked me off, soo i have let flood my emotions with no direction at those responsible for the outpour. But guys take one thing from this nonsense you may believe you have read, religion is old therefore their is a lot of folk law in it, which is not neccessarily wrong, just dated and maybe not soo important. However you should'nt force everyone down your path, and in opposition, Neither should you be a divvy and hide the fact you are sikh by shaving then put a khanda tatoo on. I don't believe a normal tatoo is a sin as in a lot of situations and circumstance tatoos can be forms or remembrance, identity and can mean something e.g gang tatoo's. See which would you prefer 1 perfect sikh or 100 flawed but good sikhs, rather than push people away adapt and embrace. Teach people the important things, tell them of our Sant Jarnail Singh Bindherawala who was one of the last true sikhs, not like these today who care of their own good, and ensure they themselves are a clean sikh, but have no care that their sister next door is doing the crime with a non sikh, see im not against inter racial relationships but combine the lack of knowledge of our 'bimbos' of their culture and religion and on top of that add all these pathetic gangster wannabe sikhs, and I aint jus talking about the shaven sikhs, those who keep all their hair and go round like a sardar with the brain of a gorrilla. Fight each other over the girls while your hindu/pakistani mate walks of with the reason of the fight. Or curse people for their lack of knowledge of 'not being as sikh as you'. I wonder sometimes how the desendant of warriors who one man himself was an army, have taken what they each feel like out of sikhi, and altered it themselves and critise everyone else. Next time you look in the mirror see what you see, do you see a good looking person, a good sikh, a bad sikh, a boy, a girl, hair, turban, beard, shave? or do you see the descendant of the greatest and strongest and most fearless men and women that walked the planet, there are time when the pen is as powerful as the gun. A true sikh would keep both in perfect balance. I myself wish one day I can be as my fathers and their fathers where. But no matter what I have piercings, tatoo's, a yellow kacha, I remember our struggle and salute our fathers, for i see oversea how beautiful punjab is still home to our people, who are soo desperate to leave the lands our ancestors fought to keep. Hail the day i can return to my mother land, not India or 'Hindhustan' but the Punjab and live the rest of my life, and i hope that if the time did come, god would give me the strength to fight for the land of Khalistan that we have been disgracefully denied, but not all due to the hindhu's but also to the sikhs who worry about how their sikh brother and sisters wear their hair or how many piercings or tatoo's they have, thats what the modern day sikh has become, I can't make a difference so i won't, us all combined perhaps would be a different story, address the more serious issues, such as our adaption, our survival, our lands, our mislead girls, our uneducated sikh boys and girls, who call them selves singh and kaur but do not know why. May one day all sikhs realise their differences don't matter and unite under the Nishaan Sahib and maybe then the day would come for us to fight for who we are, and what we believe, times are changing technology has changed things, educate your friends over facebook, bebo, messenger, create groups for our cause, revive your religion, be part of it, don't forget who you are. And my sardar and sardarni brother and sisters, dont critisise over little things, create awareness. See i don't wear a turban however I doubt I would find it hard to pick up arms to protect my religion. I may question certain things, but I NEVER FORGET OUR BATTLE. Khalistan Zindabadh. Never Forget 84.

• 1 year later...

hey i had a question, i have 4 tattoos one of baba deep singh, one of my grandmas name and one of praying hands with a khanda......i dont show them off at all and i dont think of myself highly, and im not rich....if i just simply get them because i love the art of my religion and my culture and my family, then does it still matter?

thanks in advance to whoever answers this

My grandparent had a religious tattoo and the reason for it was that every time they saw it they remembered babaji. I likened this to the fact that whenever I look down and see my kara I think of god or something to do with sikhi, and anything that reminds us of Babaji and leads us to his meditation can't be that bad seeing as in this age it is so rare of one to think of God.

A sikh tattoo in an indecent place is another story though and would be pretty ridiculous and weird not to mention evil!:wacko:

• 6 months later...
Guest Amrinder Singh

I know im bumping an old post BUT

Getting a tattoo is not AGAINST sikhi. What it comes down to is your intentions for getting it, will your tattoo part you from the route of sikhi? Getting anything Gurbani related tattooed is a no no as its beabdi.

The next thing is YOU CANNOT get a tattoo without removing your hair. Its not do able. No tattoo artist will do it for you. So if your shaving your hair to get a tatt then in that case its a No because you cannot remove hair from your body. Its a artivle of faith.

But if your one of those double standard sikhs then do whatever