Feeling Down

Guest somebody help

Guest somebody help

i feel so stupid typing this, but i don't know what else to do. for the last month or so i've been feeling really down. first it was just a huge workload, then personal problems with friends, and family stuff isn't so good either. there's no need for too much detail but things have gone on and i feel so isolated and lonely. i don't feel like doing anything which i used to enjoy - from simran/kirtan through to eating/reading/studying. i feel guilty if i eat. i'm not that hungry anyway. sometimes i can't sleep for a long time either.

sometimes it hits you that there's no-one who can help apart from guru ji. i dont feel like i can talk to other people about how i feel because then they'll feel negative/down as well. i dont think anyone would really care, and i dont know what they could do to help. i feel ashamed for feeling this way because i feel like a sikh should be happy. the thing is that no-one knows how i feel because i act as if nothings wrong during the day, but then when i'm alone it all comes out. no-one knows how much i cry every night.

even though i have loads of studying and other work to be getting on with i just dont feel like doing it. i feel lifeless and tired. i applied to go to uni next year but i dont feel motivated to pass my exams at all anymore. i dont know what is wrong with me. there's no one particular event triggering this, its just everything.

although i find it easy to think of guru ji wherever i am, it doesn't make me happy. why do i feel so miserable? and what can i do to feel better?

mÚ 5 ]

ma 5 ||

Fifth Mehla:

kwhy mn qU folqw hir mnsw pUrxhwru ]

kaahae man thoo ddolathaa har manasaa pooranehaar ||

Why do you waver, O my mind? The Lord is the Fulfiller of hopes and desires.

siqguru purKu iDAwie qU siB duK ivswrxhwru ]

sathigur purakh dhhiaae thoo sabh dhukh visaaranehaar ||

Meditate on the True Guru, the Primal Being; He is the Destroyer of all pains.

hir nwmw AwrwiD mn siB iklivK jwih ivkwr ]

har naamaa aaraadhh man sabh kilavikh jaahi vikaar ||

Worship and adore the Lord's Name, O my mind; all sins and corruption shall be washed away.

ijn kau pUrib iliKAw iqn rMgu lgw inrMkwr ]

jin ko poorab likhiaa thin ra(n)g lagaa nira(n)kaar ||

Those who are blessed with such pre-ordained destiny, are in love with the Formless Lord.

EnI CifAw mwieAw suAwvVw Dnu sMicAw nwmu Apwru ]

ounee shhaddiaa maaeiaa suaavarraa dhhan sa(n)chiaa naam apaar ||

They abandon the tastes of Maya, and gather in the infinite wealth of the Naam.

ATy phr iekqY ilvY mMnyin hukmu Apwru ]

at(h)ae pehar eikathai livai ma(n)naen hukam apaar ||

Twenty-four hours a day, they are lovingly absorbed in the One Lord; they surrender and accept the Will of the Infinite Lord.

jnu nwnku mMgY dwnu ieku dyhu drsu min ipAwru ]2]

jan naanak ma(n)gai dhaan eik dhaehu dharas man piaar ||2||

Servant Nanak begs for this one gift: please bless me, Lord, with the Blessed Vision of Your Darshan; my mind is in love with You. ||2||

grin.gif i was trying to upload that shabad as well. but it wont let me for some reason :lol:

Don't worry Guru Pyaaareo, Life's all about challenges and how you overcome those challenges. Guru Sahib talks about the mind and so many variations of it, it tries to get you down, it makes you think things, we have to rise above that. This maya has a HUGE impact on the mind, there are many sakhia in the Sakhia section on here, do check them out. Maybe you need a vacation :nihungsmile: Don't worry at the end everything will work out, focus on the important things in life don't get too caught up in matters that are not important, the whole world is drowning in them, we can't.

Bhul chuk muaf.

from experience all i can say is that shuttin ppl out is the worse thing u can do.. at the end the people that u no are here to help u and im sure that they care bou u alot aswell no matter wot u fink..

sumtimes people to supraise u with how much time they are willing to take on u feeling beta

1st: close ur eyes and relax ur shoulders.. no tension.. wriggle it all off ur body.. then think of the 1 place u feel most relaxd in.. breathe in slowly thru ur nose... breathe out slowly from mouth and say waheguru

Now open your eyes :lol:

Challenge and fight each problem

step by step..

Pick the easiest one.. you know you want to.. lol

and smile! By contracting the muscles u are using to smile facilitate the production of particular hormones that make u feel happy.

Happy Hormones :@

SMILE!!!! Because you look ever so beautiful when you do.. you know that jee!

Guest somebody help

"1st: close ur eyes and relax ur shoulders.. no tension.. wriggle it all off ur body.. then think of the 1 place u feel most relaxd in.. breathe in slowly thru ur nose... breathe out slowly from mouth and say waheguru"

what if you don't feel relaxed in any place?

jaap naam, say waheguru as much as you can. sitting in the bus on your way to school or driving, jaap naam. walking to your class, jaap naam. until the professor starts the lecture, jaap naam. goin to the bathroom, jaap naam. eating, jaap naam. bathing jaap naam. tying your dastaar, jap naam. changing your clothes, jaap naam.

jaap naam, jaap naam,,,,,,waheguru waheguru waheguru waheguru waheguru