Tuk From Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji

naam simran

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

many places in our hostorical granths they say its dharam of a khatri to hunt ....

khatri ko puut hun baman ko nahi ....

bai, i have to say this. old school hinduism is divided into groups. you have

bhrahmin - priests

khatri - fighters

now i forget the proper name of this class but bascialy they were merchants

shudr - "Low caste" did all sorts of demeaning jobs, not by choice, buh because they were forced to do so. had a very limited life style

so khatri's job is to protect his (yes i said HIS) country/land and go out and fight when need to. when guru sahib said i'm a kathri thats what he was refering to, that he is a fighter. THATS ALL. people like to add their own stuff to what guru's said. rolleyes.gif

bhajji dont mind but who will add person who knows or who dont know but tries to make out what it could be ????

... how can he protect if he vomites out just by seeing blood ???? lachman das shuur beer yodha rajput khatri .... went for shikar killed a deer there was a baby in his tummy which died in front of him ... got bairag in his heart ... went to ashram at joined other bairagis got name madhodas bairagi by his guru .... was against any sort of voilence never touched any shaster again .... dasme pita playing shikkar in jungle sees a ashram went in there sit on his bed .... gave him shaster again new name gurbaksh singh banda bahadar .... a person who coudnt even see a deer dieing killed lakhs of enemy in punjab ....

do u know what are the char ashrams of khatri ???? khatri does not mean a caste in sikhism that u have quoted .... khatri means shaster dhari ..... and if u only wear kirpan to do to the bhog of puncha amrit karha parshad how come u be a khatri ....

maffi

do u know what are the char ashrams of khatri ???? khatri does not mean a caste in sikhism that u have quoted .... khatri means shaster dhari ..... and if u only wear kirpan to do to the bhog of puncha amrit karha parshad how come u be a khatri ....
lol i never said i was a khatri rolleyes.gif i'm a singh, guru kirpa naal. as u say, guru sahib meant shastar dhari when he talked about being khatri (ps. i was talking about hinduism when i mentioned the 4 things rolleyes.gif )

dont just look at the outside veer, a real khatri (meaning WARRIOR, not one who hunts) is the one who fights with his/her mind. :lol: in this day and age, thats what matter. the battle is the same but the battlefield has changed immensly.

remember, we have 2 aspects SANT and SIPAHI (khatri). now, read carefully. its OK to be a sant by itself, you will not do anyone any harm with doing so. but, its NOT OK to be a sipahi (khatri) by itself, your sword will then do injustice. also, while talking about sant sipahi, the sant aspect comes first, siphai comes after. :@

i agree with u bhajji 101 % .... but i have been taught out of two body and mind first we conqure our body then comes the mind ....

naam simren ..... first we make our body wake up then mind plays it part by simren ..... sant birti ....

shaster wideya ..... first we make our body strong .... skills .... then mind comes into play in battle field u will not run ..... sepahi birti

i agree there are 5 enemies inside .... but there is a combination needed of every thing naam simren guru itehas guru shabad weakheya and shaster videya .... bhajji i have seen the more ur good in shaster abhyeas better ur in naam simren .... here i dont mean all ... but for those who work and do all every day things with naam simren .... there concentration level is higher then non shaster abheyasis ....

and again i say .... just saying that there is only one path to god its not right .... a jaini who led the life of dayea over others if complete in his relegion will reach the same place were a muslim who kill animals slowly if he is full in his relegion ....

if u say a meat eater will go to hell while a non meat eater will not thats also wrong .... its all the personal choice u follow the path of dayea over animals salute for u .... we follow the other path ....

the problem here is bhajji as told by a mahapursh .... sikhism today is like a race and every samparda or jatha as an athlete they all want to by pass each other .... like u can read the starting posts of this thread ... that guy is not searching gurubanni for geyan but to show others that meat eating is bad .... u can make it out .... every one wants to get as many followers to his form of sikhi as they can .... but in the end

JIN PREM KIYA TIN HE PRAB PAYEO

non-meat eaters why does it bother you so much? i dont understand?

no one is putting a piece of chicken in your mouth and forcing it in. or are they? haha

if you dont want to eat meat then dont eat it.. why you keep puting up these stupid treads.... i dont know one person who has changed there mind... jus go on herbivores eat your carrots and lettuce and go on omnivores and eat your carrots lettce and goat..

randip singhs article is very good on "fools who wrangle over flesh" not pro meat and not pro vege... it is a simple message diet has nothing to do with ones sikhi....

very simple

Budda Dal nihungs can jhatka bukras with 1 stroke. How many veggies sound like freshies can do that? How many veggies can fight all day long in a jung? How many veggies can jhatka a buffalo? Meat eaters saved the Panth, not veggies. All Sikhs were meat eaters up until the late 19th century. British used this tactic to weaken the Sikhs and divide them.

Akali Nihung Guru Gobind Singh Ji

Akali Nihung Bab Deep Singh Ji

Akali Nihung Baba Gurbaksh Singh Ji

Akali Nihung Baba Binod Singh Ji

Akali Nihung Baba Foola Singh Ji

Akali Nihung Baba Chet Singh Ji

Akali Nihung Baba Santa Singh Ji

All the great mahpursh enjoyed jhatka.

Guru Nanak Ji ate deer at kurukshetar mela as it is recorded in history. Mohsin Fanu talks about Sikhs eating meat. Other non-Sikh writers also mention this. Guru Gobind Singh Ji told Sikhs to jhatka bukras at madho das dera and ate it as dinner so don't be in bhurm.

yeah and hargobind sahib jees great sikh baba biddi chand jee ... for whom guru sahib said .... BIDDI CHAND CHINNA GURU KA SINNA .... there is gaddi is still going on in there village .... and bhenta u give there is a bakra .... from guru hargobind singh ji time to till date ....

declare him a non sikh also ....