Tuk From Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji

naam simran

Guest s133k_s1kh

those who eat meat, won't stop eating it and the one's who don't, won't start eating it. these arguments won't affect anyone..so there is no point squabbling over these thgs.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

those who eat meat, won't stop eating it and the one's who don't, won't start eating it. these arguments won't affect anyone..so there is no point squabbling over these thgs.

Im not creating a dispute but bringing to you attention this point is false. I have had the good fortune to see many monay people become amrit dhari, many leave mona hairstyle and become singh, ive seen even more stop eating meat as resloutions and become vegans. Not bcoz they wanted a change becuase they have heard parchaar and took the message to heart.

Guest s133k_s1kh

Im not creating a dispute but bringing to you attention this point is false. I have had the good fortune to see many monay people become amrit dhari, many leave mona hairstyle and become singh, ive seen even more stop eating meat as resloutions and become vegans. Not bcoz they wanted a change becuase they have heard parchaar and took the message to heart.

I understand tht fully bai sian, but now the question is wht parchar would you listen to. there are amritdharis out there who consume meat and thy justify tht. so who should i listen too. lately i have been using the word HUKUM too much.. i'll use it here tooooooo.. its all in the HUKUM. a very crisp and a precise answer :lol:

One more thought, there is SIKHI parchaar tht talks of not eating meat. Is there any kinda parchaar in SIKHI dat encourages you to eat meat tongue.gif .

thats not parchar that a kind of emotional black mailing on the name of guru not to eat meat ....

guru nanak dev did more karam parchar then dharam parchar ..... shri guru ramdas did dharam parchar more then karam parchar .... hargobind sahib returned to karam parchar back and started a new karam of shikar ....if i can bet if there were sikhs like us 21 century sikhs ... they would have pointed fingers on guru to for doing shikar .....

many places in our hostorical granths they say its dharam of a khatri to hunt ....

khatri ko puut hun baman ko nahi ....

khatri ko puut hun baman ko nahi ....

who said this ??

guru gobind singh .... its a full 12 - 14 lines explanation in the form of poetry .... when a pandit told guru sahib why they play shikar and keep shasters ....

will post it very soon ....

theres a sakhi abt why guru ji used to do shikaar, for reasons we cant imagine. One of them was to let parashan atmas (distressed souls) out of the world and let them rest in peace. Sorry if that sounds like rubbish but ive have read this sumwhere

yeah i agree there is even shikar ghat gurudwara at awchal nagar .... and what about guru sahib telling sikhs to ride horses and do shikar ???