[tuk] Frm Sukhmani Sahib

Guest Guest

i am confused over the meaning of the tuk i have underlined below, i have read two translations and they both say the same thing

now in my own very very bevakoofi type limited understanding God does not forget us? grin.gif my mind can't seem to comprehend that God would forget us? i mean yeah sure we forget Him but if God was to forget us then how can anything be? my own interpretation of this tuk is that the one who forgets God is already dead. i would appreciate the sangats view as to enlighten my moorakh mind, please help! pray.gif

jIA jMqR sB qw kY hwQ ]

jeea ja(n)thr sabh thaa kai haathh ||

All beings and creatures are in His Hands.

dIn dieAwl AnwQ ko nwQu ]

dheen dhaeiaal anaathh ko naathh ||

He is Merciful to the meek, the Patron of the patronless.

ijsu rwKY iqsu koie n mwrY ]

jis raakhai this koe n maarai ||

No one can kill those who are protected by Him.

so mUAw ijsu mnhu ibswrY ]

so mooaa jis manahu bisaarai ||

One who is forgotten by God, is already dead.

iqsu qij Avr khw ko jwie ]

this thaj avar kehaa ko jaae ||

Leaving Him, where else could anyone go?

sB isir eyku inrMjn rwie ]

sabh sir eaek nira(n)jan raae ||

Over the heads of all is the One, the Immaculate King.

jIA kI jugiq jw kY sB hwiQ ]

jeea kee jugath jaa kai sabh haathh ||

The ways and means of all beings are in His Hands.

AMqir bwhir jwnhu swiQ ]

a(n)thar baahar jaanahu saathh ||

Inwardly and outwardly, know that He is with you.

so mUAw ijsu mnhu ibswrY ]

so mooaa jis manahu bisaarai ||

One who is forgotten by God, is already dead.

translation is not right. it should be the one who forgets god from their mind is good as dead.

so mUAw = that person is dead. (who?)

ijsu mnhu ibswrY = who forsakes god from their mind

waheguru ji kakhalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

just out for discussion like the first person who posted it...just want to clarify my own manmukh mut

this is what my moorakh thoughts had me wondering about:

saa budhh dheejai jith visarehi naahee ||

Give me that state of mind, by which I may not forget You.

Guru sahib always askz Waheguru Akal purakh to do kirpa so he can be in sangat of sadus or jap naam. he always ask creator to give him a "state of mind" where he can jap naam or be one with Him! Gurbani tells us that(Asa di //):

iknHaa hukam samaa-ay la-ay iknHaa hukmay karay vinaas.(463-13, Awsw, mÚ 2)

By His Command, some are merged into Him, and some, by His Command, are destroyed.

iknHaa bhaanai kadh la-ay iknHaa maa-i-aa vich nivaas.

Some, by the Pleasure of His Will, are lifted up out of Maya, while others are made to dwell within it.

ayv bhe aakh na jaap-ee je kisai aanay raas.

No one can say who will be rescued.

naanak gurmukh jaanee-ai jaa ka-o aap karay pargaas. ||3||

O Nanak, he alone is known as Gurmukh, unto whom the Lord reveals Himself. ||3||

so it is in waheguru's hand. only when he wants can one be liberated or jap naam... do good deeds ...and all the other things gurmukh/sant are known to do(merge with Him)

so he doesn't really forget you(but in way he does) he can make u go through the life without realizing the reality of it if he wants. u will never meet guru who will tell you what the reality of life is. that has led me no to judge anyone, because it is AKAL who is doing(makin the mortal) do what he wants him/her to do.

this is really hard to explain no.gif ...this is why Guru sahib ji said that it is very hard and sometimes no use to explain the ways of waheguru. a human(especially person like mew rolleyes.gif who is tryin to be like human) can't talk about God and know his ways.

mohi n bisaarahu mai jan thaeraa ||1|| rehaao ||

please do not forget me! I am Your humble servant. ||1||Pause||

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=1364

bhul chuk muaf karni

so he doesn't really forget you(but in way he does) he can make u go through the life without realizing the reality of it if he wants. u will never meet guru who will tell you what the reality of life is. that has led me no to judge anyone, because it is AKAL who is doing(makin the mortal) do what he wants him/her to do.

there's the key, to GUEST, but you my friend have a guru as you are reading gurbani. so now u cant say that waheguru has made me forget. as a matter of fact waheguru has made u remember thru guru. :TH: