The Matrix And Maya

Akaali

There is no Spoon.

http://www.ektaone.com/blog/?p=43

matrix_neo_poster.jpg

I remember a few years ago… the launch of one of the best movies ever made. It was called The Matrix. I didn’t see it at Cinema first, because it looked just like another sleek action flick. I wasn’t that interested. So i thought i would get it on DVD… and how glad I am that I did.

What i thought was an action movie… wasn’t an action movie anymore. It was a movie about life, about society, about being an individual, about freedom, about destiny, and about fate.

Read some of the thought provoking dialogue below. It’s absolutely amazing and so related to Sikh teachings. It had some beautiful dialogues and amazing theology behind it.

Morpheus:

You have the look of a man who accepts what he sees because he is expecting to wake up. Ironically, this is not far from the truth.

Do you believe in fate, Neo?Neo:

No.Morpheus:

Why not?

Neo:

Because I don’t like the idea that I’m not in control of my life.

Morpheus:

I know exactly what you mean.

Let me tell you why you’re here.

You’re here because you know something.

What you know you can’t explain, but you feel it; you’ve felt it your entire life.

That there’s something wrong with the world.

You don’t know what it is, but it’s there….like a splinter in your mind…driving you mad.

It is this feeling that has brought you to me.

Do you know what I’m talking about?

Neo:

The Matrix?

Morpheus:

Do you want to know what…it…is?

The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now…in this very room.

You can see it when you look out your window, or when you turn on your television.

You can feel it when you go to work, when you go to church, when you pay your taxes.

It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes….to blind you from the truth.

Neo:

What truth?

Morpheus:

That you are a slave, Neo. Like everyone else, you were born into bondage.

Born into a prison that you cannot smell or taste or touch. A prison….for your mind.

Neo - The MatrixHow many of us have been there? How many of us have felt that splinter? How many of us realize that there’s something wrong, but we just can’t pinpoint what it is? How many have tested the bars of the prison in our minds? I know I have.

The Matrix is society. It is culture. It is all the things that have been built to blind us to the innate freedoms to be who and what we want to be. And frankly, if you can’t unplug, if you can’t break away, the things you see remain tinted and obscured by the Matrix.

Now relate that to Sikh teachings. Replace the word Matrix for maya (material). Maya is like our society now. The world revolves around it. It is culture. It is all the things that have been built to blind us to the innate freedoms to be who and what we want to be. And, if you can’t unplug, if you can’t break away from Maya, the things you see remain tinted and obscured by it.

That’s more easily said than done. Some people cannot imagine a world without structure. Without order. Without binary rules to help guide their lives. They wouldn’t take the Red Pill for anything. These people cannot imagine a world of freedom, and actually perceive attempts at freedom as threats to their very existence, to the foundations of life itself! In fact, And, they do what they feel they need to do to protect it.

Morpheus:

The Matrix is a system, Neo. That system is our enemy.

When you’re inside, look around. What do you see?

Businessmen…teachers…lawyers…carpenters.

The very minds of the people we are trying to save.

But until we do, these people are still a part of that system, and that makes them our enemy.

You have to understand. Most of these people are not ready to be unplugged.

And many of them are so anured, so hopelessly dependent on the system that they will fight to protect it.

Those of us who are unplugged face tests of our own to prove to ourselves that we’re the one, that we’re real, that we deserve to be here.

Morpheus:

I’m trying to free your mind, Neo, but I can only show you the door.

You’re the one that needs to walk through it.

You have to let it all go, Neo. Fear…doubt…disbelief. Free your mind!

I am not going to go on thinking of ways to help you see what I see when I watch the movie. Those of you who have had similar experiences with it know what I’m talking about. You’ve taken the red pill, as I have. And, you see the world for what it is….not for what common paradigms would have you believe that the world we see is all there is.

BUT, if I had to identify three critical quotes, three tremendously enlightening passages among all the wonderful stuff in there, I’d have to pick these three:

Morpheus: The Matrix cannot tell you who you are.

The Oracle:

So…what do you think? Do you think you are the “one”? Neo:

Honestly, I don’t know. The Oracle:

(pointing to a sign over the door) You know what that means? It’s Latin. It means “Know Thyself”. I’m going to let you in on a little secret. It’s like being in love. No one can tell you you’re in love you just know it. Through and through. Balls to bones.

Morpheus: …..There’s a difference between knowing the path….and walking the path.

So profound. So deep. And so true.

If you havent watched the movie… you do not know what you are missing out on. Go and watch it.

Guest Khalsa Productions

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Wow i never looked at the Matrix at that point of view. Thats Brilliant.

Join in 24 hour Naam Simran!

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!