wana take amrit need help

Guest abhilakhi

Guest abhilakhi

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh

i need help.

before i was sure i wanted to take amrit from akj, but now talking with so many other people, they have told me not to.

im so lost. they have told me things that i never thught or knew about akj.

why is this happening to me. i want to take amrit, as soon as possible, and was so ready to take it at TO samagam.now so many problems have arised. my mind is asking so many question

.."are u sure u doing the tight thing by taking amrit from akj?

are u sure they follwo the true rahet? are u sure u will be able to follw teh rahe?...dont u think the way they have "akj" thing...is simler to Bahramnism?"

and so many more questions arise in my mind.

Amrit si Amrit..right, but i belived taht i wana take amrit from teh peopel who know what is it to be a khalsa.

i saw perfectness in AKJ..but "maya" have filled my ears wth ninnda and chuugli.. so much other stuff bout akj.

plz help someone.

what should i do.

should i wait again!!....for khalnday di pahul?

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh

vaaheguru ji ka khalsa vaaheguru ji ki fateh

If you are stuck with Jathebandi, then you are probably not ready to take Amrit yet. Who give amrit out at AKJ organized smagams? People or Punj Pyare? If you don't believe with some parts of the rehit, u can just talk to the Punj Pyare over there and they'll provide you answers so you are left doubtless.

If you want to discuss your doubts you are more than welcome to post them on this forum and I'm sure our brothers and sisters associted with AKJ will provide answers to you.

There are ppl who discourage others from taking amrit in many ways. This might just be another try. Who knows?

You shouldn't get discouraged. Take amrit as soon as you can! This doesn't has to be at AKJ organized smagam, just look for the one which is coming up.

vaaheguru ji ka khalsa vaaheguru ji ki fateh

Guest SikhForLife

amrit is amrit !! no jathabandi in amrit!!

who says akj amrit (if there is such a thing) is BETTER than "regular" amrit!!!!!!!!

sggs should your guide!.... when u take amrit strive to learn everything you can from it

some people choose to know what sggs is saying before taking amrit.. thats fine..

all these rehats may differ (although theres only 1 ?! ).. some ppl might be less strict than others.. but my friend......... sggs is the real guide.. unchanged and unaltered.....

rolleyes.gif

Waheguru Jee Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Jee kee Fateh

I fully endore the view point of my veer Sikhforlife. There is no branding in amrit jee, it was one, it is one and it will be only one. Taking amrit is taking admission in sikhi school.

Apart from following the basic discipline (rehit : four kurahts, nitname, sangat etc.) a student (sikh) learn the things gradually. So Veerjee to learn & be educated (becoming chardee kalaa Sikh), the first thing we have to do is taking admission into the school i.e. taking amrit jee. You should not wait for taking amrit jee and take it as early as possible.

About rehit, Veerjee the standard of Class I student and Class 10th student can never be same jee, a class 10th Student has to pass 1st -9th classes for reaching Class 10th level, similarly u need to take admission into the school (taking amrit), following school basic discipline (basic rehat), learning, working hard, doing home work (understand techings of SGGS Jee, adopting into the life etc.). As a result one will achieve the Certificate (mokash -aavan jaan toh mukat and encash the gobind milan kee eh teri bariya).

Sadh Sangat jee I am mega moorakh so please bear my totti-footi english and thanks to waheguru jee and all of you for reading and accepting me in your sangat jee.

Bhul chuk de maafi

Waheguru Jee ka Khalsa, Waheguru Jee Kee Fateh

Dass Bhupender Singh

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Amrit Is Amrit, I entirely agree. AS LONG AS IT FOLLOWS PROPER REHAT.. many times there is a situation where one or two pyaras are giving amrit and not the full panj as it required by rehat. Also, many times amrit is given without naam drirh or teaching of naam simran. How should one do simran? this can only be taught by panj pyare. Remember as long as rehat is being followed, you should take amrit there.

Guest SikhForLife

veerji i sorta get ur point.. but i sorta have a different view..

i believe it depends on the person to follow the rehat as strictly as he wants it

ill tell u a story: i met a person once that told me he wanted to take amrit from the purest sikhs..

and i asked him what "pure sikh" meant

and he said "a khalsa that doesnt do anything wrong and follows the best sikhi lifestyle"

then i was amazed cuz i havent known anyone like that..

(theres really no way to know)

so he added "I dont want to take amrit from ppl who i know have done bad things"

example: he knew an "amrit thari" person that was doing/did un-sikh things..

so i told him.. amrit is amrit.. you shouldnt focus on if they are "bad" or not.. you should just follow what sggs and rehat says.....

dont you agree.. i mean it shouldnt affect you if the panj payare are really what they are suppose to be.. you should strive to follow sikhi as it is suppose to be followed ...

forgive/correct my mistakes

(this was refering to the quote from Mkhalsa's post)

many times there is a situation where one or two pyaras are giving amrit and not the full panj as it required by rehat
Remember as long as rehat is being followed, you should take amrit there.

veerji i sorta get ur point.. but i sorta have a different view..

i believe it depends on the person to follow the rehat as strictly as he wants it

ill tell u a story: i met a person once that told me he wanted to take amrit from the purest sikhs..

and i asked him what "pure sikh" meant

and he said "a khalsa that doesnt do anything wrong and follows the best sikhi lifestyle"

then i was amazed cuz i havent known anyone like that..

(theres really no way to know)

so he added "I dont want to take amrit from ppl who i know have done bad things"

example: he knew an "amrit thari" person that was doing/did un-sikh things..

so i told him.. amrit is amrit.. you shouldnt focus on if they are "bad" or not.. you should just follow what sggs and rehat says.....

dont you agree.. i mean it shouldnt affect you if the panj payare are really what they are suppose to be.. you should strive to follow sikhi as it is suppose to be followed ...

forgive/correct my mistakes

(this was refering to the quote from Mkhalsa's post)

many times there is a situation where one or two pyaras are giving amrit and not the full panj as it requir

ed by rehat

Remember as long as rehat is being followed, you should take amrit there.

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh jio

first of all dont take me wrong

but jus answer me ji..

if one of the person who is choosen as 5 piyyaras..have broken rahit ...but nevr was peesh...

would u consider that person to be a KHALSA?

I dont think thats what rahit tells us. once u break the rehit u have to be punished..then u get back on the track

so if there is a person who have broken the rehit, but he never was punishd,.. in 5 who are to give amrit; in our eyes yea may be they are 5, but are they trully 5, or only 4??? so are 4 teh one who suppose to give us amrit or 5? or should we NOT care bout these kind of things?

im jus moorakh...but this question came in mind. so clearfy some one plz:( thanks much

bhul chukk muaff karni

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

humbly

Guest SikhForLife
if one of the person who is choosen as 5 piyyaras..have broken rahit ...but nevr was peesh...

would u consider that person to be a KHALSA?

no i dont.. i never said they were still khalsa

once they break their amrit they have to get back on track like you said.. thats what a khalsa would do

however, more questions arise...

will taking amrit from a fallen sikh and 4 khalsa make that amrit unpure?

i dont know why Guru ji decided he needed 5 pyarey instead of another different #.. so i cant tell you if its ok to do it with 4

another point arises:

amrit is a state of mental and physical change.. which only the person taking the amrit can do.. if he "doesnt" know that one of the 5 payare is a fallen sikh.. then how would he know his amrit is "unpure" (if thats an appropriate term)

since theres no way of knowing it.. can we settle on ignorance and just try our best to follow the [amrit thari/sikh] rehat?

looking forward to your opinions/input

Waheguru jee ka khalsa, waheguru jee kee fateh

Taking amrit is begnining of journey towards ultimate goal under the guidance n shleter of GURU sahib jee.

Sadh Sangat Jee Panj Pyare are considered as roop of guru sahiban, I feel when someone decides to take amrit, he or she is connecting himself or herself to GURU JEE not to any individual.

I fully agree that a person who has committed one of 4 sins (kuriyat) must come up for punishment, but if he or she does not do that he/she will liable and accountable for this to GURU SAHIB JEE.

And if by any chance, same person is part of Panj Pyarey, Sadh Sangat Jee I think we should take that fellow only as Panj Pyare at that point of time and we should not bring any wrong feeling. Everybody in the Worldis liable for his or her deeds towards ALMIGHTY.

bhul chuk maaf

Waheguru Jee ka khalsa, Waheguru jee kee fateh

Bhupender Singh

Guest Khalsa Soulja

yo

i did ALOT of research into the rahit......first i agreed more with the akj views, then taksaali views on rehit.....then nihung, then akj again. now i have decided that I BELIEVE the best code of conduct for MYSELF to progress FASTEST in sikhi, is to take amrit from a panj who have views in line with the AKJ RAHIT.

amrit is amrit. doesnt matter which superficial "group" u take it from. what matters is that u think the rahit u will be told on the day is what u think happened in 1699. dont take amrit so u get the easiest day to day life either. i personally believe keski is a kakkar because the earliest and most reliable records from a non sikh source state this. i believe that "kutha" means meat because the verb "kutthey" is used in SGGS to say "killing" etc. that is my interpritation, so i will ensure that is what i follow. doesnt matter which jatha.

oh, and the panj u take it from is VERY important. the more spiritual the panj, the more powerful the amrit.