Nanaksar Kaleran Jagraon And Gurduara Mehdiana Sahib

Paneer Monster

Vahegurujeekakhalsavahegurujikifateh

Nanaksar Kaleran Jagraon is a proper speritual place and i would definatly reccomend any person going to punjab to go to this amazing Gurughar. Everywhere i looked was devoted sangat in deep prayer. I felt so priviliged to go to the lower sachkhand darbar and do paath with such loving chardi kala sangat. much of the sangat here does non stop paath for DAYS. They eat litle, sleep little and spend most of there life in deep meditation.

Nearby to this Gurughar is Mehdiana Sahib renowned for its magnificent artistic monuments dipicting scenes of Sikh History....

Vahegurujeekakhalsavahegurujikifateh

I've visited Gurdwara Nanaksar numerous bah honestly i found people there worship baba nand singh ji and isher singh ji more than god. Even you will find banners saying "dhan baba isher singh ji nand singh ji ho rahi hai tuhadi jai jai kar".......people visiting there usually pray to late mahapurakhs....even you can see a pic in previous posts of mahapurakh...... i am not against any mahapurakh or sant but it hurts when people follow them rather than the true akal purakh........unfortunately people there have idolised mahapurakhs and now it's like a samprada going on and on. Even if you visit lower sachkhand it's not for everyone ...there are a few terms and conditions like you should only enter if would recite few hundred japji sahib paths or few sukhmani sahib paths afterwards....such man made laws have nothing to do with sikhi and just create confusions.

The place is magnificent but the sewadars have made their own samprada and follow sikhi their own style and are kindda encouraging their samprada more than sikhi itself.

Vahegurujeekakhalsavahegurujeekifathe

amazing pics harwinder veer, wen i was there the Baba Deep Singh je statue was being restored.

I've visited Gurdwara Nanaksar numerous bah honestly i found people there worship baba nand singh ji and isher singh ji more than god. Even you will find banners saying "dhan baba isher singh ji nand singh ji ho rahi hai tuhadi jai jai kar".......people visiting there usually pray to late mahapurakhs....even you can see a pic in previous posts of mahapurakh...... i am not against any mahapurakh or sant but it hurts when people follow them rather than the true akal purakh........unfortunately people there have idolised mahapurakhs and now it's like a samprada going on and on. Even if you visit lower sachkhand it's not for everyone ...there are a few terms and conditions like you should only enter if would recite few hundred japji sahib paths or few sukhmani sahib paths afterwards....such man made laws have nothing to do with sikhi and just create confusions.

The place is magnificent but the sewadars have made their own samprada and follow sikhi their own style and are kindda encouraging their samprada more than sikhi itself.

Veerjee the reason why they dont let you down unless you do alot of paath is because these people pray for days, unless yur going to pray with them for a lenghty amount of time its unfair to go down. thats just my opinion anyways. Infact theres many gurduarae in Punjab where in certain sections you can not go in unless you do alot of paath. I personally am not really against this.

Most gurduaras have this problem, even in mehdiana people were matatekhing the statues.

even in ortherdox Guruduara's many sangat worship 10 Guru's and even pictures more then God, so although what your saying is true, Nanaksar can not really be singled out, its down to the sangat if they go their to worship Baba Nand Singh Jee or Satguru Sahib.

heres afew more pictures taken at Gurduara Mehdiana Sahib

Vahegurujeekakhalsavahegurujeekifathe

Even if you visit lower sachkhand it's not for everyone ...there are a few terms and conditions like you should only enter if would recite few hundred japji sahib paths or few sukhmani sahib paths afterwards....such man made laws have nothing to do with sikhi and just create confusions.

The reasoning behind asking the sangat to recite banis for 40 days is to get a person into the routine of doing paath/jaap. After 40 days you will have become so used to it and will start reliasing the benefits that it is hoped you will carry on in the practise daily....

I don't see anything wrong in setting oneself a goal of trying to do something good, positive for x number of days. The mind looks for any excuse not to partake in the rememberance of Waheguru. It is exactly the same concept when your asked to do a certain number of malas of mool mantar or waheguru jaap. For those who haven't started, it is a method of getting a person used to sitting for a period of time. Over time kirpa will come automatically. Your legs will get used to sitting, your mind will begin to focus and concentrate more.

These are just small jugtiya to help people...... :TH:

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Sorry Veerji, for a late response (3 years :rolleyes: ) but there are lot of misconceptions about nanaksar. It is not true that they promote their own samparda more than Sikhi as this samparda is about Sikhi and believe in Guru Granth Sahib ji as pargat Guru. Baba Nand Singh ji and Baba Isher Singh ji never did any self promotion. Their only aim ever was to spread Sikhi through Amrit Parchar and to jodo Sikh Sangat with Sahib Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji as the true and only Guru. I do not see any thing wrong with saying 'Ho rahi hai tuhadi jai jai kar' as much as I do not see anything with some saying (my self included) 'Sant Jarnail Singh Bhindrawale Zindabad'. You may want to check out couple follwing site to see what Nanaksar Samprarda is all about. There other sites as well that you can research.

http://www.nanaksarkaleran.net

Bhula(n) maaf karnia jee