What Is Kuljug?

Guest Narinder Singh

Guest Narinder Singh

I've primarly heard of these two beliefs regarding kuljug. would the sangat be kind enough to share their views?

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

eis kalijug mehi karam dhharam n koee ||

In this Dark Age of Kali Yuga, no one is interested in good karma, or Dharmic faith.

a(n)dhhae kaa naao paarakhoo kalee kaal viddaanai ||3||

The blind man is known as an appraiser; this Dark Age of Kali Yuga is so strange! ||3||

Kalyug is the fourth and final era in the spiritual evolution of man. This is also referred to as the 'Iron Age' of Kalyug. The word 'Yug' stands for 'Era' or 'Time Cycle'. This Yug is the most difficult for the human race and many atrocities and unfairness will become commonplace in society.

SGGS Page 902

Guru Ji tell us that these Yugs have no bearing on the stars, moon or the sun thus:

The same moon rises, and the same stars; the same sun shines in the sky. The earth is the same, and the same wind blows. The age in which we dwell affects living beings, but not these places. ||1||

When it becomes common for tyrants to be accepted and approved, then Kalyug is here thus:

Those who act like tyrants are accepted and approved - recognize that this is the sign of the Dark Age of Kali Yuga. ||1||Pause||

and also:

If someone practices Truth, he is frustrated; prosperity does not come to the home of the sincere. If someone chants the Lord’s Name, he is scorned. These are the signs of Kali Yuga. ||3||

Whoever is in charge, is humiliated. Why should the servant be afraid, when the master is put in chains? He dies at the hands of his servant. ||4||

SGGS Page 1288

The trouble-maker is called a leader, and the liar is seated with honor. O Nanak, the Gurmukhs know that this is justice in the Dark Age of Kali Yuga. ||1||

SGGS Page 145

The Dark Age of Kali Yuga is the knife, and the kings are butchers; righteousness has sprouted wings and flown away. In this dark night of falsehood, the moon of Truth is not visible anywhere. I have searched in vain, and I am so confused; in this darkness, I cannot find the path. In egotism, they cry out in pain. Says Nanak, how will they be saved? ||1||

all our purpose is to be the best sikhs we can, that mens get amrit, do naam, follow rehit, control kam (Lust), krodh (Rage), lobh(Greed), moh (Attachment) and ahankar (ego), do seva for panth, and guru ji will pick us up from this dark age

oh and btw, 1st guru ji also says that in kalyug people think they know eveyrthing, you may have seen it, if u give good advice or tell someone in sikhi or try to help a change they usually say leave me alone ,etc this is the presence of haumai/ego but, these are kinda the "Qualities" of kalyug..

The most important thing i believe we can start by doing is, controlling ourselves, our desires, etc. If we control ourselves we can easily become excellent sikhs, things such as kaam choke you and drag you and like a horse tied to a rope while the race is going on... it will fail him in the end. The race is life, the horse is you, and the sangal (rope,etc) is kaam krodh, lobh , moh , ahankaar. The result of the race is for sure a win. You can die wheenver, as fsat as u open the ropes u can run and be apart of the rope, but always remember, like this race, your life also comes to an end, in this kalyug as kids we think of our future, and when we're adults, we think of our old age, and our future. Reality is, this is the plays of kalyug in which 5 vikars rule, and are supreme in authority.

Even if u control ur vikars, u have to do lots of seva, in order to finally catch up to those horses that went ahead of you, and thtas all ou can do, try your best once you become a sikh because they wont wait for you.(other horses)/life wont wait.

Bhagat Kabeer ji explains and tells us to live daed, while alive, that is how should control ourselves, and live life today the way tommorow wont come. Although some ppl say enjoy life do drugs, drink, as tom might not come, thats the stupidest thing ever, It's like a test. If you're test is tommorow, studying all day a night before wont help. You have to study a week prior, That week prior is our whole life. The day we die, is when our test is, But this test is more of a POP-QUIZ, because we wont know when well ge <admin-profanity filter activated>. If we study/do naam when we are old, we will die, who knows if we will even see our own selves with wrinkles ? We have to start with sikhi saroop, get a kirpan, control ourselves and then we have to learn to live dead while we are alive, unattached, un affected by worldly objects, pleasures and hardships. Our life is gurus, we are gurus, the same guru jot is in all of us, We will highly regret our actions once we are judged by no one else, but He himself.

all i can think of is this shabd where Guru sahib ji says...

kaljug has come ....

ab kaloo aaeiou rae ||

Now, the Dark Age of Kali Yuga has come.

eik naam bovahu bovahu ||

Plant the Naam, the Name of the One Lord.

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=4214

asa ki //

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=1726

it's a great age/ERA/yugh for our soul to unit with paramatama(primesoul/waheguru) is what i hear:)

bhul chuk muaf karni

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh!

I was listening to some katha this morning. In there bhai sahib was talking about kaljug. He was saying that kaljug is a time now in which people indulge in kal and kalesh. In all the jugs, god was the same, the sun was the same, the earth was the same, but what has changed is us humans. We no longer wish to indulge in good actions and talk the truth, but we indulge in bad actions, and going further from the truth.

The only thing that will save us is if we take the Lord's sanctuary and undulge in this Naam..

Vaheguroooooo!! Vaheguroooooo!! Vaheguroooooo!! Vaheguroooooo!! Vaheguroooooo!!

• 3 weeks later...

WGJKK WGJKF

I thought Kaljug was the world around us. Is it not the cruel world around us which puts forward things which are not good deeds? I heard something on kaljug and bacisally what the person said was how kaljug was a period in the lives of humans when the world would come to an end. It's when humans will kill other humans, it's when we will finish the world with our hand made weapons. When I heard this I was, honestly, scared. Not of dying but because this was true and it was something which was and is happening around us. Every day many people including innocents get shot or murdered because of someone's ignorance. Kaljug is all around us and in order to prevent it from taking over our lives we must remember God and say Vaheguru as much as we can.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

WGJKK WGJKF