So Its Karva Chauth Again..

singh di fauj

vaheguruji ka khalsa vaheguruji ki fateh

talking about fasting, most of the kids in my class are fasting (predominantly islamic children where i teach) some of them are as young as 7! really gets on my nerves... :D they're only kids yet they feel compelled to fast due to presures from their faith, families n wider community. one little girl came up to me last week saying 'miss kaur im so hungry, i even dream about food and im not supposed to but i cant help it...' i asked her if she would let me speak to her parents but she looked so frightened, i didnt say anything in case she got into trouble at home.... no.gif

Guest Dancing Warrior

talking about fasting, most of the kids in my class are fasting (predominantly islamic children where i teach) some of them are as young as 7! really gets on my nerves... :D they're only kids yet they feel compelled to fast due to presures from their faith, families n wider community. one little girl came up to me last week saying 'miss kaur im so hungry, i even dream about food and im not supposed to but i cant help it...' i asked her if she would let me speak to her parents but she looked so frightened, i didnt say anything in case she got into trouble at home.... no.gif

Very few things p1ss me off but this is nothing less than child abuse, I would have a few fruitful things to say to her parents! jamdoot.gif

well during the fasting month the muslims look out for extra rest time....3/4 of the time they'll be thinking of food....lol....wat hipocrisy

1/2 hour before they break their fast....they wud be on the dining table staring at the food....lol....when they hear the baang....tats when they eat like nvr seen food b4 tongue.gif

the whole night they will be eating......n then in the morning they'll get up early n eat as much as they cud again.....lol i really dun see the benefit of doin this karam kaandh

im really thankful to guru sahib.....tat we dun need to go thru all these karam kaaandh.......but still ppl are ignorant....haha

some of my classmates hav actually asked me to buy food for them.......hahaha...lol.....they can be take to court for not fasting LOL.gif .....i was like no way im gonna do it.....u know its wrong n against ur religion....n i know it as well...im not gonna buy food for u.....i really felt pity for tat guy.....but i cant help it man

it seems he managed to get sum1 to buy him some food

well ..... its really sad thatthe little child was helpless.

but i wud like to say that fast is the part of muslim religion.

in month of ramzaan they jeep fast for whole of the month and may be they eating some light food.

in hindu religion navratre are the fast period of 9 days.

i wud say that muslims are more strict in religion.

like the little girl keep fast under parents's pressure and also dnt ate anything in absence of her perents.

they are doing well in their religion.

now plz note thati amnot supporting keeping fasts but my concept was only to show that sikhs are not that much active in making their children to follow sikhi and to teach them abt sikhi however many parents are amritdhari and their next generation is not even kesa dhari.

muslim women never took off their chunni from head and sikh bibies ...........???????

keski is far away they dnt even cover head with chunni and if some do then the half of the head is uncovered.

look that the little girl have too much fearof their parents but the children of our sikh families dnt even follow the order of their parents and guru 's order is far away, even they dnt know what is the order.

so this is a point that wots going to sikhi ????

who is eating it????

our parents?????

all its in the hand of parents if they have the aim to make their children sikhs and aware them abt sikhi.

but some parents really do their best that s why there are some sabat soorat guys are seen.

every1 fasting. muslims and hindus are fasting right now. muslims with ramadan. and hindus with this garva chau .

I asked a few hindu girl why they fasting. they told me its to give their husbands a long life lolll. hmmm thas funny cuz none of them were even married! haha

2day is the last day of their fast and my road is packed with hindus parking illegally without a parking permit on my road. lol.. im gonna go call the traffic warden on them.. lol

fasting is not a part of sikhi. the women that do fast in sikhi are adopting a hindu ideology and therefore cannot be classed as sikh, but hindu instead.

Guru Gobind singh tells us that he observes the fasting and rituals , but does not accept them as important and they are fruitless.

Starving yourself dont get u closer to god, nor does it give u any spirituality , nor does it make your partner live longer (haha). Fasts are fruitless they bear no fruit.

only meditation on the naam and your good actions will count in the end.

waheguru.

:s my stupid cuzins keepin that and shes like 14 or summmink and i feel like smackin her silly arggghhh why can they not see how dumb it is...Gosh if you gna starve yaself atleast do it in style in a see thru box hanging over the river thames like David Blane! (lol) :s

mom made a joke about keepin the fast and i told her if she ever did anything that silly i would feed her through her nose :D

ALSOOOOO luk at 2days Hukamnama here sooooo relevant :D