Sign in to follow this  
Golee Maro

Three Young Gursikhs Pass Away In Lake District Tragedy

It is with great sadness to inform the sangat online that three young Gursikhs aged 15, 17 and 21 have drowned in the Lake District.

They went to a Sikh Gatka Demonstration where they were swimming in the lake. One boy got in trouble and three youths went to aid him. However, one survived, three others drowned.

Please do ardaas for these great great kids...

pray.gif really very sad news for me as well they were my cousin,s friends, wahegurooo.waheguroo,wahegurooo,waheguroo,wahegurooooooooooo :wub:

It is with great sadness to inform the sangat online that three young Gursikhs aged 15, 17 and 21 have drowned in the Lake District.

They went to a Sikh Gatka Demonstration where they were swimming in the lake. One boy got in trouble and three youths went to aid him. However, one survived, three others drowned.

Please do ardaas for these great great kids...

pray.gif really very sad news for me as well they were my cousin,s friends, wahegurooo.waheguroo,wahegurooo,waheguroo,wahegurooooooooooo :wub:

Tajinder Singh in the middle (21)

Satvir Singh (17) on our right, Tajinder Singh's left

both veers were cousins as well as Khalsa brothers d_oh.gif

post-2547-1159135275.jpg

post-2547-1159135275.jpg

d_oh.gifpray.gif just pray to guruji he gives us strenth and bhana manna

WAHEGUROO

WAHEGUROO

WAHEGUROO

WAHEGUROO

WAHEGUROO

post-5980-1159135986.jpg

Waheguroo.....this is so sad to hear.....it fills me with tears to hear of the passing of my Gursikh brothers.....Guru Sahib's Hukam is so difficult to comprehend and accept at times.....we all have our pre-destined time....when we shall depart this human body......they have only left the human body....the souls of these Gursikhs are now united back with our Father and Mother....Akaal Purakh Ji....

our prayers are with the families of these Chardi Kala Gursikhs....

sangat ji please keep them in your Ardas...Waheguroo

ਕਬੀਰ ਸੰਤ ਮੂਏ ਕਿਆ ਰੋਈਐ ਜੋ ਅਪੁਨੇ ਗ੍ਰਿਹਿ ਜਾਇ ॥

Kabeer, why cry at the death of a Saint? He is just going back to his home.

ਰੋਵਹੁ ਸਾਕਤ ਬਾਪੁਰੇ ਜੁ ਹਾਟੈ ਹਾਟ ਬਿਕਾਇ ॥੧੬॥

Cry for the wretched, faithless cynic, who is sold from store to store. ||16||

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

I am in absolute shock i heard of the story on the radio while i was at work but I didn't know who the boys were. I just a received an e-mail and found out I had actually spoken to and done seva with the two of them last week. They were doing tireless seva at wednesfield camp last week and even though I had not spoken to them before last week I just got the feeling of their love for the guru ji. I had just been playing football with them at the camp last week.........how tragic.

May guru ji bless them and their families

WAHEGURU JI!!!!!!!!!!

post-2547-1159135275.jpg

OMG DID THE ONE HOLDING THE SLIY in the pic die :wub: @ , he was a good friend of my brother. Vaheguru :wub:

Guest Bass Singh

VJKK VJKF

I MET HARVI AND SATY AT CAMP LAST WEEK IN WEDNESFIELD, WE HAD BARE JOKES MAN!!!

ITS SAD THAT THEY HAVE GONE, HOWEVER THEY R CHARDI KALA SINGHS AND THEY ALL TOOK AMRITH, SATY TOOK AMRITH ABOUT 3-4 WEEKS AGO!!! THEY ALL LUVING IT WHERE THEY R!!!

VAHEGUROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

EVERY1 STAY IN CHARDI KALA!!!!

BOLEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

SOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHNIIIIIIIIIIHAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

SATTTTTTTTTTTTTTT SRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII AAAAAAKKKKKKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

VJKK VJKF!

I knew Harvinder Singh, the youngest of them all, really well. He was a close cousin of mine and this day has just been the hardest we've ever had. Personally, ive never lost someone as close as him, in my life.

These were three from a group of young Singhs from Wolverhampton. They used to study together... laugh together... play together... do gatka together... and you could see that spark in them that you know one day, they will be some of the main ones leading Sikhi.

Harvinder Singh was such an amazing kid. There was so much pyaar there. Even when i was down, he'd know how to lift my spirits back up. He didnt care about what anyone thought of him, he always loved people no matter what.

This evening, a group of about 30 students came - mostly non-GurSikhs - and we all sat together, done some simran and keertan together, done Rehraas Sahib Jee de paath, Ardas and sat together doing veechar and remembering them and the high spirits they always had about them. They were all in tears.

These were three of the most outgoing, lively, honest decent kids that would never ever wish ill on anyone else. They used to talk of being "immortal" - inspired from Immortal Productions albums -... well now Singho, your spirits will forever be immortal...

I love you Hev. :'( God Bless.

post-180-1159139780.jpg

Three drown in Ullswater swimming tragedy

Helen Carter

Monday September 25, 2006

The Guardian

Rescuers have recovered the bodies of three young men from the bitterly cold waters of Ullswater after a boating trip in the Lake District turned to catastrophe. The victims were part of a group of six who had spent Saturday afternoon enjoying the warm weather and the tranquillity of the lake.

After returning their hire boats, they went back to the lake, stepping fully-clothed into the knee-high water near the shoreline to play about.

However, one of the group stepped off a shelf they were standing on and, unable to swim, became submerged in at least 18ft of deep, cold water. Three of his friends tried to swim out to rescue him but also got into difficulties.

The three victims of the accident - named yesterday as Harvinder Singh, 15, Sapvir Singh, 17, and Tajinder Singh, 21, from Wolverhampton - were staying in the nearby village of Glenridding.

According to the local coastguard, the incident is the worst tragedy on the area's lakes for 17 years. Members of the public and a lake warden went into the water to help after the alarm was raised, and they were able to drag out a 15-year-old boy. He was taken to hospital and his injuries are understood not to be life-threatening.

Zak Ratcliffe, 26, who works at Saint Patrick's Boat Landing, 50ft from where the three young men drowned, had earlier hired three boats to the group.

"When I first saw a group of six lads I thought, 'Here we go, they could be a bit rowdy', so I put a £20 deposit on each boat. But they were good as gold. Later on, we could hear them splashing around in the water and just mucking about. They were still wearing their clothes.

"They were in a big circle holding hands - I think there were about 20 of them in the group. A woman shouted to me, 'There's somebody drowning over there'. I got to the shore and there was a boy coughing up water. I got in a boat and went in after them, but the water was so black you couldn't see anything. I felt bad that I couldn't do more."

Mr Ratcliffe said he jumped into the water to try to rescue them. "I have since been told it was the wrong thing for me to do and it put me in danger," he added.

Some locals expressed concerns that there were no signs at the lake warning of the shallow water suddenly becoming deep. One shopkeeper, who did not want to be identified, said: "It looks shallow, but after about 20ft it just drops away."

Graeme Connacher, HM Coastguard station officer for the north Lakes area, described the accident as "the worst tragedy I have known on these lakes in 17 years".

d_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gif

I knew Harvinder Singh, the youngest of them all, really well. He was a close cousin of mine and this day has just been the hardest we've ever had. Personally, ive never lost someone as close as him, in my life.

Harvinder Singh was such an amazing kid. There was so much pyaar there. Even when i was down, he'd know how to lift my spirits back up. He didnt care about what anyone thought of him, he always loved people no matter what.

These were three of the most outgoing, lively, honest decent kids that would never ever wish ill on anyone else. They used to talk of being "immortal" - inspired from Immortal Productions albums -... well now Singho, your spirits will forever be immortal...

I love you Hev. :'( God Bless.

Vaheguru

Nama Singh i was trying to get in touch to pass my condolences to your family, hopefully we will come tomorrow, i agree with everything you said about Harvinder Singh, whenever he was asked for seva, kaddi nehi naa kitti, gosh i can just see him smiling, so full of piaar, i remember talking about a seva we planned to set up in wolverhampton for the youth and Harvinder Singh's name was one to go down on the list as one of the mukh sevadaars even though he was a lot younger than the rest

and Satvir Singh gosh had so much josh and piaar, Vaheguru d_oh.gif

Its so beautiful to hear of such young singhs with so much love. My love always. Vaheguru bless them always vaheguru vaheguru vaheguru...