Three Young Gursikhs Pass Away In Lake District Tragedy

Golee Maro

I knew all three of these boys, proper chardikalla guys and now I know from the two Hukumnama that came out yesterday (26/09/06), and these guys are with WAHEGURU!!!!

For the next fortnight there will Kirtan and Katha program happening at

Guru Nanak Sikh Temple

www.gurdarbar.com

Duncan Street off Sedgley Street,

Wolverhampton,

West Midlands

WV2 3JA

01902 459413

01902 459933

Please try to make it.

MOD NOTE : Their have been a few different version of events since Saturday evening, which mostly the media created. Having spoken to the families and friends, they wish only that the jeevan of these GurSikhs are discussed and not the tragic version of events themselves. It is correct that there were many Gatka students present, but the outing was organised by a group of GurSikhs who had gathered together to do outdoor activities and Gurmat veechars with each other.

vaheguru

i have recieved a message indicating that Antam Sanskaar for Bhai Harvinder Singh ji and Bhai Satvir Singh ji is to take place WEDNESDAY/04/OCTOBER/2006 @ 11 AM

please forward this message to all sangat, humble benti to all to attend

it is believed that Bhai Tajinder Singh ji's Father wishes to have his son's Antam Sanskaar in Punjab

i hope a fellow sangat member can provide more detail in due cause

many thanks to Rajan Singh for his post d_oh.gif

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

These 3 GurSikh seem to have had an effect on the whole UK GurSikh community. These 3 GurSikhs have made us realise what the brotherhood of the Khalsa should be. As a united Panth we should all make the effort to be present at the Antam Sanskaar on Wednesday 4 Oct 06.

Please keep the Sangat updated on the Atam Sanskaar arangements. United we stand!

GurFateh!

The 1 Survivor said that he did ardaas once he was under the water and he heard a voice say 'its not your time yet, you have still got alot of simran to do', and then he had a big push up by Gursikh Sardaar Satvir Singh Jee and he was out of the water, a singh who could swim went in and grabbed a hold of whatever he could, the Singh who had been pushed up had long hair, and so the Singh who dived in got a hold of his hair an pulled him out by his hair, the Singh's hair saved his life !!!

All I have to say is Jap the Naam as if you are going to die tonight.

WaheGuru..

His Will is the sweetest

thanks K-Force

vaheguruvaheguruvaheguruvaheguruvaheguruvaheguru

It's incredible how i've never met any of these singhs and the loss is so...just..powerful. Obviously I'm not going through anything that the families or the close friends of the Singhs are going through, but the past few days, I just can't seem to get the events or the faces of the singhs out of my head.

I was talking to Heera Singh the other day...and we were commenting how Satvir Singh looked sooo familiar to us... like that kind of friendly face you look forward to seeing... that kind of face that has so much strength and power written all over it, but never any aggression or hatred.

I still can't get over how he pushed the Singh back up....he knew he couldn't swim, and someone was coming down to help, and even still he already seemed to know the upcoming danger of the deep waters, so he pushed the singh back up.

Is there any chance at all that the keertan darbar on saturday will have a live broadcast? I think it's safe to say that people from all corners of the world are feeling this loss, and want to in some way contribute to the program. If tehre's any way that a broadcast can be arranged so that we can do simran and keertan with the UK folks...help everyone stay strong and steadfast... please let us know.

Shukar Hai, Shukar Hai, Shukar Hai!

I hope the Singhs' families truly realize how much love there is for these three veers... people who haven't even met these guys, crying and feeling the loss. Give them all the strength in the world, and bless them with the unshakeable faith that the Singhs themselves had.

Dhan Guru Nanak

Dhan Guru Nanak

Dhan Guru Nanak

VaheguruVaheguruVaheguruVaheguruVaheguru

VaheguruVaheguruVaheguruVaheguruVaheguru

VaheguruVaheguruVaheguruVaheguruVahaguru

vahegurujikakhalsavahegurujikifateh

dusk_to_dawn_southall.jpg

All Youth Keertan Darbaar

_42126460_ullswatervictims203.jpg

In remembrance of these three young souls who gave up their lives trying to save one another from drowning after an accident in the Lake District on Saturday 23rd September 2006.

Come and join to sing Shabads & participate in an Ardaas remembering the Gurmukhs, praying for their families, and seeking Vaheguru's Strength and Support:

Saturday 30th September 2006

at

Sri Guru Singh Sabha Gurdwara,

Park Avenue,

Southall

Nearest Train: Southall (Paddington) Bus: 120, E5, H32

The programme will commence at 8pm (in Main Hall)

Anyone wishing to do Keertan or help in advertising please contact

T: 07940431925 / E: lovesikhi@hotmail.com

Also

anyone free at 7.30 pm please come to the Gurdwara to

help setup the stage and start the programme. Sevadars needed for projector and Sikhi To The Max.