Three Young Gursikhs Pass Away In Lake District Tragedy

Golee Maro

I'm not sure what to say - when i heard the news yesterday all i could do was cry - still grieving for my own brother and then this. My loos seems so small when i hear about stories like this and they were all from my home town. When i told my mother about this she also cried as having lost a son herself can put herself in the shoes of their mothers. I hope that they get to meet my brother and that they all support each other where every they may be.

May god give them peace and help the families through his difficult phase.

Guest Glasgow Singh

On behalf of all Scotish sangat, we are desperately sorry and all our ardaas and hearts go out to the familiers of these Soormay.

Unfortunately i never had a chance to meet these Singhs but just by reading about them they've left a long lasting impression.

Smile down on us poor fools Singho

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh

I write on this thread occasionally to find some youth very confused in sikhe. However I must stress there is no doubt these guys were rock solid and an inspiration for other youth. May Guru Jee bless their soul, atmaa noo apnaee chanran vech jaag dehaan. The almighty works in mysterious ways some he takes young some old, some who we need most are taken away so early.Some that are doing nothing for the panth and causing rift seem to linger on for years.

Please please please try and attend on Friday 29th September at Guru Nanak Sikh Gurdwara, Sedgley St, Wolverhampton where a special programme to remember these three young GurSikhs will take place.

See the poster for more details.

OMG this weekend im coming home probably, so should go d_oh.gif

Vaheguroo Ji...

Really moving & hard hitting story. But for me personally this is also a very very inspirational story to hear. 3 brothers of such a young age, all amritdharis (with Bhai Satvir Singh just recently taking amrit) and definitely full of pyaar. Humbling brothers. It just proves that we can all go any ANY given time, even when we are 'young'. And because of the fact that we all don't know WHEN that time is. What we all do before that time, therefore becomes all that more important. These guys had ALL been doing what I could only wish I could do more of, and had fulfilled Guru Ji's hukam. Their family can be very VERY proud of their sons. They are in my ardas..

My thoughts are with their family.

Gursharan Singh

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ki fateh d_oh.gif

David McGuinness, the manager of the Patterdale Youth Hostel where the group was staying, said: "I saw them walking down the road before the tragedy happened. They looked so happy and full of the joys of life.

"It was a last-minute booking and the party seemed to be in a holiday mood. They were a fantastic sight walking through the village in full dress. They were all real gentlemen. This is such a terrible tragedy."

d_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gif

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml.../25/nlake25.xml

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

I remember more and more clearly my one and only encounter with Hervinder Singh. A big group of us were in Sedgley Street Gurdwara at last years Sikh Federation Convention handing out leaflets in relation to the Respect For Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Campaign. Hervinder Singh and another young Singh excitedly came up to us to say Gurfateh. I don’t know if it was our egos, the fact that we thought we were better/older Singhs or because the Gurdwara was crowded but we did not acknowledge their Gurfateh and just carried on. Despite this Hervinder Singh still hung around and asked me if he could have some leaflets to hand out to the sangat. It’s strange how this incident seems so clear in my head. Yesterday Singhs like me looked down on another Singh because we thought we were better, today Maharaj has shown us who the better Singh was.

Us “older” Singhs’ think we are better and know it all. We go around holding protests at places where we say we are exposing beadbi; we put other Sikhs down because we profess to know better, we argue amongst ourselves. The 3 young GurSikhs showed us what the chardi kala sprit of Sikhi really is. They were young in age but what they did for each other on that Saturday made them maturer than any of us.

I suppose everyone is finding a personal message sent by in Akal Purakh in the incidents of Saturday. I certainly have!!!

GurFateh!