Three Young Gursikhs Pass Away In Lake District Tragedy

Golee Maro

Guest Bass Singh

VJKK VJKF

I MET HARVI AND SATY AT CAMP LAST WEEK IN WEDNESFIELD, WE HAD BARE JOKES MAN!!!

ITS SAD THAT THEY HAVE GONE, HOWEVER THEY R CHARDI KALA SINGHS AND THEY ALL TOOK AMRITH, SATY TOOK AMRITH ABOUT 3-4 WEEKS AGO!!! THEY ALL LUVING IT WHERE THEY R!!!

VAHEGUROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

EVERY1 STAY IN CHARDI KALA!!!!

BOLEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

SOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHNIIIIIIIIIIHAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

SATTTTTTTTTTTTTTT SRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII AAAAAAKKKKKKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

VJKK VJKF!

I knew Harvinder Singh, the youngest of them all, really well. He was a close cousin of mine and this day has just been the hardest we've ever had. Personally, ive never lost someone as close as him, in my life.

These were three from a group of young Singhs from Wolverhampton. They used to study together... laugh together... play together... do gatka together... and you could see that spark in them that you know one day, they will be some of the main ones leading Sikhi.

Harvinder Singh was such an amazing kid. There was so much pyaar there. Even when i was down, he'd know how to lift my spirits back up. He didnt care about what anyone thought of him, he always loved people no matter what.

This evening, a group of about 30 students came - mostly non-GurSikhs - and we all sat together, done some simran and keertan together, done Rehraas Sahib Jee de paath, Ardas and sat together doing veechar and remembering them and the high spirits they always had about them. They were all in tears.

These were three of the most outgoing, lively, honest decent kids that would never ever wish ill on anyone else. They used to talk of being "immortal" - inspired from Immortal Productions albums -... well now Singho, your spirits will forever be immortal...

I love you Hev. :'( God Bless.

post-180-1159139780.jpg

Three drown in Ullswater swimming tragedy

Helen Carter

Monday September 25, 2006

The Guardian

Rescuers have recovered the bodies of three young men from the bitterly cold waters of Ullswater after a boating trip in the Lake District turned to catastrophe. The victims were part of a group of six who had spent Saturday afternoon enjoying the warm weather and the tranquillity of the lake.

After returning their hire boats, they went back to the lake, stepping fully-clothed into the knee-high water near the shoreline to play about.

However, one of the group stepped off a shelf they were standing on and, unable to swim, became submerged in at least 18ft of deep, cold water. Three of his friends tried to swim out to rescue him but also got into difficulties.

The three victims of the accident - named yesterday as Harvinder Singh, 15, Sapvir Singh, 17, and Tajinder Singh, 21, from Wolverhampton - were staying in the nearby village of Glenridding.

According to the local coastguard, the incident is the worst tragedy on the area's lakes for 17 years. Members of the public and a lake warden went into the water to help after the alarm was raised, and they were able to drag out a 15-year-old boy. He was taken to hospital and his injuries are understood not to be life-threatening.

Zak Ratcliffe, 26, who works at Saint Patrick's Boat Landing, 50ft from where the three young men drowned, had earlier hired three boats to the group.

"When I first saw a group of six lads I thought, 'Here we go, they could be a bit rowdy', so I put a £20 deposit on each boat. But they were good as gold. Later on, we could hear them splashing around in the water and just mucking about. They were still wearing their clothes.

"They were in a big circle holding hands - I think there were about 20 of them in the group. A woman shouted to me, 'There's somebody drowning over there'. I got to the shore and there was a boy coughing up water. I got in a boat and went in after them, but the water was so black you couldn't see anything. I felt bad that I couldn't do more."

Mr Ratcliffe said he jumped into the water to try to rescue them. "I have since been told it was the wrong thing for me to do and it put me in danger," he added.

Some locals expressed concerns that there were no signs at the lake warning of the shallow water suddenly becoming deep. One shopkeeper, who did not want to be identified, said: "It looks shallow, but after about 20ft it just drops away."

Graeme Connacher, HM Coastguard station officer for the north Lakes area, described the accident as "the worst tragedy I have known on these lakes in 17 years".

d_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gif

I knew Harvinder Singh, the youngest of them all, really well. He was a close cousin of mine and this day has just been the hardest we've ever had. Personally, ive never lost someone as close as him, in my life.

Harvinder Singh was such an amazing kid. There was so much pyaar there. Even when i was down, he'd know how to lift my spirits back up. He didnt care about what anyone thought of him, he always loved people no matter what.

These were three of the most outgoing, lively, honest decent kids that would never ever wish ill on anyone else. They used to talk of being "immortal" - inspired from Immortal Productions albums -... well now Singho, your spirits will forever be immortal...

I love you Hev. :'( God Bless.

Vaheguru

Nama Singh i was trying to get in touch to pass my condolences to your family, hopefully we will come tomorrow, i agree with everything you said about Harvinder Singh, whenever he was asked for seva, kaddi nehi naa kitti, gosh i can just see him smiling, so full of piaar, i remember talking about a seva we planned to set up in wolverhampton for the youth and Harvinder Singh's name was one to go down on the list as one of the mukh sevadaars even though he was a lot younger than the rest

and Satvir Singh gosh had so much josh and piaar, Vaheguru d_oh.gif

ਗਉੜੀ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ਮਾਂਝ ॥

Gauree, Fifth Mehl, Maajh:

ਦੁਖ ਭੰਜਨੁ ਤੇਰਾ ਨਾਮੁ ਜੀ ਦੁਖ ਭੰਜਨੁ ਤੇਰਾ ਨਾਮੁ ॥

The Destroyer of sorrow is Your Name, Lord; the Destroyer of sorrow is Your Name.

ਆਠ ਪਹਰ ਆਰਾਧੀਐ ਪੂਰਨ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਗਿਆਨੁ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

Twenty-four hours a day, dwell upon the wisdom of the Perfect True Guru. ||1||Pause||

ਜਿਤੁ ਘਟਿ ਵਸੈ ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮੁ ਸੋਈ ਸੁਹਾਵਾ ਥਾਉ ॥

That heart, in which the Supreme Lord God abides, is the most beautiful place.

ਜਮ ਕੰਕਰੁ ਨੇੜਿ ਨ ਆਵਈ ਰਸਨਾ ਹਰਿ ਗੁਣ ਗਾਉ ॥੧॥

The Messenger of Death does not even approach those who chant the Glorious Praises of the Lord with the tongue. ||1||

ਸੇਵਾ ਸੁਰਤਿ ਨ ਜਾਣੀਆ ਨਾ ਜਾਪੈ ਆਰਾਧਿ ॥

I have not understood the wisdom of serving Him, nor have I worshipped Him in meditation.

ਓਟ ਤੇਰੀ ਜਗਜੀਵਨਾ ਮੇਰੇ ਠਾਕੁਰ ਅਗਮ ਅਗਾਧਿ ॥੨॥

You are my Support, O Life of the World; O my Lord and Master, Inaccessible and Incomprehensible. ||2||

ਭਏ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾਲ ਗੁਸਾਈਆ ਨਠੇ ਸੋਗ ਸੰਤਾਪ ॥

When the Lord of the Universe became merciful, sorrow and suffering departed.

ਤਤੀ ਵਾਉ ਨ ਲਗਈ ਸਤਿਗੁਰਿ ਰਖੇ ਆਪਿ ॥੩॥

The hot winds do not even touch those who are protected by the True Guru. ||3||

ਗੁਰੁ ਨਾਰਾਇਣੁ ਦਯੁ ਗੁਰੁ ਗੁਰੁ ਸਚਾ ਸਿਰਜਣਹਾਰੁ ॥

The Guru is the All-pervading Lord, the Guru is the Merciful Master; the Guru is the True Creator Lord.

ਗੁਰਿ ਤੁਠੈ ਸਭ ਕਿਛੁ ਪਾਇਆ ਜਨ ਨਾਨਕ ਸਦ ਬਲਿਹਾਰ ॥੪॥੨॥੧੭੦॥

When the Guru was totally satisfied, I obtained everything. Servant Nanak is forever a sacrifice to Him. ||4||2||170||

Good news.

Guru ji says only cry when a moorakh dies. (I guess we should be sad for the reason they wasted their lives in manmat) Guru ji also says, Why cry when a gurmukh dies, He has just returned home.

BULEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE SON HALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

SATTT SRI AKALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

In my eyes the three died doing a good deed by trying to save the other singh. <admin-cut> They are verry, very, very blessed, and we should be too to have met them ever.. WaheGuru thank you for their darshan to this world. WaheGuru Ji Ka Khalsa WaheGuru Ji Ki Fateh