[salok] Bhagath Kabeer Jeeo Kae

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh

~ *someone needs to tell me why the GurbaniWeb font thingi isn't working* ~

mod note: make sure you use [*size=4][*font=GurbaniWebThick] insert text here [*/font][*/size] (and delete all the *)

slok Bgq kbIr jIau ky

salok bhagath kabeer jeeo kae

Shaloks Of Devotee Kabeer Jee

<> siqgur pRswid ]

ik oa(n)kaar sathigur prasaadh ||

One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru

kbIr myrI ismrnI rsnw aUpir rwmu ]

kabeer mayree simrnee rasnaa oopar raam

Kabeer, my rosary is my tongue, upon which the Lord's Name is strung.

Awid jugwdI sgl Bgq qw ko suKu ibsRwmu ]1]

aad jugaadee sagal bhagat taa ko sukh bisraam

From the very beginning, and throughout the ages, all the devotees abide in tranquil peace.

Bhagat Kabeer Ji begins these couplets by comparing his tongue to a string of beads for meditation. The beads on this rosary are the Beads of Naam, which are turned over continuously in the mind.

If we all made the effort to repeat Maharaj's Name on our tongues or constantly think about His awesomeness (*making up words here*) then no harsh words would ever come out of our mouths. Hurting another person with words alone is too easy, and we have no right to. The harsh, blunt and sometimes sarcastic attitude towards others can have huge consequences which we often don't realise. Putting someone off Sikhi is possibly one of the highest sins we could commit.

"Aad" means first, or primary. Combined with "Jugaad" it means right from the beginning of time and though all ages of time. Bhagat Kabeer Ji says that all ("Sagal") true devotees attain eternal happiness - "Sukh" - peace and serenity.

So often we doubt the greatness and glory of Maharaj, and forget to take Gurbani as the Absolute Truth. This Salok clearly highlights the importance of remembering Maharaj *all the time*, and also tells us the result it will have - complete peace and calmness; a state of mind which we can't even begin to imagine.

I'll probably have made a fairly large number of mistakes - sorry :wub: . Feel free to cyber-slap me.

~l~

• 1 month later...

For these Saloks I've been using a number of different resources:

1. www.sikhitothemax.com

2. www.srigranth.org

3. www.kettering.edu/~bguru/KABIR

4. Bhai Manmohan Singh's Senchiaan of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji

5. www.google.com for the pictures.

I've tried hard not to plagiarise, but if it's happened anyway, then it was for a good cause lol and I hope Guru Ji will forgive me.

:D

~l~