Bhatri Sikh

Guest Bhatri Sikh

if worst comes to worst... leave home... i sure some bhenji around where ya live would be able to help ya out (even take u into their home)... some parents are whack... don't ruin ur life because ur afraid of ur rents... think bout it.. i's the REST OF UR FREAKIN LIFE... i's YOURS, nobody else.. in this situation, ur rents don't seem like the 'compromising' type, where u can talk to dem or get through to dem... if it comes to a situation where u either get married or leave home, me think the smart solution would be to leave home... dun hesitate to contact sum1 in ur area... n dun be afraid to stand up for yaself...

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think you should run away from home. I know this is a difficult situation but leaving/running away from home is not the solution. no.gif

Try and find some family, relatives or friends to help you in your local area....

I know everyone is feeling really sorry for this girl, myself included, but lets not start offering silly advice.

leaving home in this situation SHOULD be a solution but at the LAST RESORT!

I totally stand by this advice ..

Try everything else..

talk to them ..

talk to your other family ..

get others involved that would help convince your family/parents..

..and all else fails consider this option of moving out unless this is what you wana be like .. in the same shoes as your sisters.. for the REST OF YOUR LIFE !!!

like someone else said here.. im sure there will be someone for sure to help you in your area.. btw i dun think you mentioned which area you are in!

anyway best of luck ..

REBEL :bringitondude

its your life, and parents are not ALWAYS right about everything. Talk to them, try your best to make them understand. Get a close friend involved or your sisters, cousins and relatives who will take your side. Without education, you can not get a decent job, have good income, and all the rest that comes with money. Conveniently disappear when its time for your flight to India and stay at a safe location (friend or relative's house). If its gets to the wedding day, simply refuse to take the laavan. Make a scene. Surely then groom's family will call it off after the bride is causing so much delay. If you are in the UK there is a Sikh Helpline. Seek help.

Best of luck to you! pray.gif

Guest Bhatri Sikh

I'm from nottingham. And have to go to my friends house regularly to access this website so sorry didnt reply back to the suggestions my brothers and sisters gave. I've tried to get my friends family involved in this matter but cannot get anywhere as we are different castes my paretns think my friends family are just out of their brains etc... and dont know about any traditions which I found hard. I would like to say that my friend and her sisters are regular sikhsangat users but however would like to keep them anonymous too.

The freshy boy from india that my parents that are going to get me engaged to is someone from the south of england.

I cant express myself to my parents. Like I said I got my friend and her sisters involved in this and my parents wont agree to them.

I've totally lost hope now.