Singh_Shiromani

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Better the devil you know!

Sometimes the new party are worse than the old. We've seen this happen in other Gurdwaras. Don't vote for someone just for change!

I'm not a fan of Malhi or Sohi, I have had dealings with both. Unfortunatly, both parties are jokers in my view and have their own agendas. Malhi does indirectly own the Mansoon club.

Gurdwara elections bring out the worst in our Kaum! It's the worst time of the year in any Gurdwara.

I take my words backs. Looks like there is no choice with the opposition, but after what Sohi has done over the last few years he definetly does not deserve to be running any Guru Ghars.

Unfortunatly, Malhi might have to be the next contender. Under no circumstances should Sohi be allowed carry on anymore!

READ THIS THESE ARE THE GENERAL BODY AND ELECTION NOTICES

WE WILL NOT LET HIMMAT SOHI'S GROUP WIN, DOWN WITH HIMMAT SOHI, DOWN WITH MASSA RANGAR GANGU BRAHMIN HIMMAT SOHI

Gurdwara Sri Guru Singh Sabha, Southall

(Registered as a place of worship under the Places of Worship Registration Act 1855)

( Registered Charity No. 280707)

2-8 Park Avenue, Havelock Road,

Southall, Middlesex Southall, Middlesex

UB1 3AG (England) UB2 4NP (England)

Tel: 020 8574 8901 Tel: 020 8574 8901

Fax: 020 8574 8902 Fax: 020 8574 8902

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa Waheguru ji ki Fateh

6th August 2006

GENERAL BODY MEETING

In accordance with the Constitution of the Sabha members please note a General Body Meeting of the Sabha will be held on Sunday 24th September 2006 at 4pm in Halls I & 2 (Ground Floor) of the Gurdwara in Park Avenue, Southall.

FURTHER TAKE NOTICE:

• That an Election for members of the Executive Committee will be held on

1st October 2006, for further details please refer to the Election Notice dated 6th AUGUST 2006

AGENDA

• General Secretary’s Report

• Treasurer’s Report

• Any Other Business –Any member wishing to speak, kindly give their name and the subject they wish to speak on, in writing (into the Gurdwara Office, at Park Ave) seven days prior to the meeting.

Please note that all members wishing to attend the meeting must produce a valid (current) PHOTO membership card.

Lost or misplaced cards: Please apply for a duplicate card in the Gurdwara Office, Park Ave (between 11 am and 4pm) by 16th September 2006. Duplicate Card fee is 50 pence.

Signed

Dr Parvinder Singh Garcha

General Secretary, Executive Committee

VOTE FOR MALHI GROUP! OUT WITH SOHI!!!!

Gurdwara Sri Guru Singh Sabha, Southall

(Registered as a place of worship under the Places of Worship Registration Act 1855)

( Registered Charity No. 280707)

2-8 Park Avenue, Havelock Road,

Southall, Middlesex Southall, Middlesex

UB1 3AG (England) UB2 4NP (England)

Tel: 020 8574 8901 Tel: 020 8574 4311

Fax: 020 8574 8902 Fax: 020 8574 8902

6th August 2006

ELECTION 2006 NOTICE

The election for the new Executive Committee of Gurdwara Sri Guru Singh Sabha, Southall will be held on Sunday 1st October 2006 from 8am to 8pm at the Park Avenue Gurdwara (2-8 Park Avenue).

1. The Election will be conducted by Electoral Reform Services (an Independent

organisation).

2. The members entitled to vote will be those whose names appear on the Members

1st September 2006.

3. To stand as a candidate for the Executive Committee the following requirements have

to be complied with:

a) A notice in writing in English or Punjabi signed by at least two other members

of the Sabha who are duly qualified to attend the forthcoming General Body

Meeting in September 2006, specifying the name of the candidate for the Election

proposing and seconding the said person for the Election; and:

b) A notice in writing in English or Punjabi signed by the candidate stating his/her willingness to serve as a member of the Executive Committee and containing a signed declaration in the following terms:

“I (name and address of declarant) HEREBY DECLARE as follows: -

i. That I am and have for the previous two years been a member of the Sabha

ii. That I am a Keshadhari Sikh ;( as per constitution clauses 2. (3) a, b, c and d and

iii. That I do not hold office in any other Sikh religious institution or temple in the United

Kingdom; and:

iv. I am attaching a donation of £101.00 to the Sabha”

4. In accordance with Clause 18 of the constitution the nominations of the candidates to

the office of a member of the Executive Committee shall be scrutinised by a scrutiny

committee consisting of the following persons:-

1) Mr Balwant Singh Gill ( Secretary of Trust)

2) Mr Surjit Singh Bilga (Vice Chairman of Trust)

3) Mr Avtar Singh Purewal (Committee Member)

4) Mr Bahadur Singh Keila (Committee Member)

5) Mr Balkar Singh Dhillon (Barrister)

FURTHER TAKE NOTICE THAT:

• Nomination papers must reach the Gurdwara Office in Park Avenue (for the attention of

The General Secretary) by 5pm on Wednesday 30th August 2006. A list of names of

persons who have filed nomination papers will be displayed on both Gurdwaras Notice

Boards by 5pm on Saturday 2nd September 2006.

• Any objections must reach the Gurdwara office, in Park Avenue (for the attention of the

General Secretary) by 5pm on Monday 4th September 2006.

• Scrutiny of the nomination applications (for members of the Executive Committee) by

Scrutiny committee will take place on Wednesday 6th September 2006.

• If any candidate(s) wish(es) to withdraw his/her/their nomination it must be done (in

writing) by 5pm on Friday 8th September 2006 in Park Ave Gurdwara Office.

• Final list of candidates will be displayed on the Gurdwara notice boards by 12.OOpm on

monday 11th September 2006 and also transmitted to the Election Supervisors and

candidates.

• Election Symbols will be agreed with the Election Supervisors at 5pm on Wednesday

13th September 2006 in Gurdwara Office at Park Ave.

• Further details (including nomination papers) for potential candidates for membership of

The Executive Committee will be available from the General Secretary from Aug 14th.

ELECTION SUPERVISORS:

In accordance with clauses 19 and 27.1 (a) ii of the Constitution the Election Supervisors are:

1) Cllr Rajinder Singh Mann

31 Knowsley Ave, Southall UB1 3AU

2) Mr Amarjit Singh Dassan MA LLB

40 Beaufort Road, London, W5 3EA

3) Mr Balkar Singh Dhillon (Barrister)

39 Boundaries Road, Feltham, Middx, TW13 5DR

Signed

Dr Parvinder Singh Garcha

General Secretary, Executive Committee

THE ELECTION AND GENERAL BODY NOTICES

general_body_meeting_notice_aug2006.doc

election_notice_2006.doc

• 2 weeks later...

There has been so much said on other threads about the forth coming Singh Sabha Gurudwara elections in Southall that I thought I would help clarify who's who! I have just seen an opposition election manifesto and I have been very pleased to learn Kesar Singh Mand is standing for the Sher Party, this guy is very Panthic and he knew Sant Bhindranwale! If you want to support the 84 vibe vote for Mands group, he is a man of his word and a true Khalistani. If he was tight with Sant Ji we should support him! So I appeal to everyone who respects Sant Ji vote for Mands group!

Also all this rubbish about Gurmail Singh Mali and him owning a club...........so what! He isnt forcing any of our youth to smoke or drink, its their choice. I think this issue shouldnt matter, the main thing is he is a Khalsistani and is totally against the Indian government. So wake up and stop bickering about clubs and drink and lets get behind these guys! Theres a picture of Mali and Pal Brar in the centre of their manifesto, I havent met Brar but I know he runs the Sikh missionary society in Southall. The Sher party will join the sangat with Sri Akal Takhat and stand up for the panthic agenda. Khalistan Zindabad! Sher party Zindabad!

Finally we will have a voice in the U.K that will not entertain the Indian government or anti panthic forces!

I have not an iota of faith in such a person who's officers have relinquished the path of truth!

Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Zafarnama

this thread is in sikh politics

Hi all i got to say is i have met all the above and most of the party member, hence why i am supporting them. I would urge the member of the election to support the sher party do to the facts and changes that this party will bring.

if you look at the poster of the sher party, on the back side is the important meeting taking place on the 24/9/06 about notices that have been changed without consulting the member of the gurdwara. i will scan this in but as i got the 12 size poster its gona be hard.

I know Mr Mand personally and i know he listens to everything the youth has to say as i do know youth do give him some advise of the youths point of views.

Lets hope we can change the way the system of the gurdwara works so please vote Sher Party, if you wana see some changes. If you got concerns about anything please do pm or email me and ill try n find out for you.

Basically Mr Mand was a jorutnalist at the time of the 84 bluestar attacks on the golden temple. I'm not sure if you have seen the video or not, is when Mr Mand is interviewing Sant Bhindranwale at the time of the attacks

There has been so much said on other threads about the forth coming Singh Sabha Gurudwara elections that I thought I would help clarify who's who! Firstly everyone knows Sohi & co saved the Gurdwara from recievership and cleared the debts - fair enough no one is disputing that. But what has he done for the panth? What has he said about 84? As far as I know.......NOTHING! I have just seen an opposition election manifesto and I have been very pleased to learn Kesar Singh Mand is standing in the opposition, this guy is very Panthic and he new Sant Bhindranwale! If you want to support the 84 vibe vote for Mands group, he is a man of his word and a true Khalistani. If he was tight with Sant Ji we should support him! So I appeal to everyone who respects Sant Ji vote for Mands group!

Also all this rubbish about GurmailSingh Mali and him owning a club...........so what! He isnt forcing any of our youth to smoke or drink, its their choice. I think this issue shouldnt matter, the main thing is he is a Khalsistani and is totally against the Indian government. So wake up and stop bickering about clubs and drink and lets get behind these guys! Theres a picture of Mali and Pal Brar in the centre of their manifesto, I havent met Brar but I know he runs Sikh missionary society in Southall. The Sher party will join the sangat with Sri Akal Takhat and stand up for the panthic agenda. Khalistan Zindabad! Sher party Zindabad!

I have not an iota of faith in such a person who's officers have relinquished the path of truth!

Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Zafarnama

Keasr Singh Mand is a journalist I think, not sure about his stand on Khalistan, can anyone clarify!

G13RPS u seem to be a person with a bit of knowledge on this do u think Mand, Mali , Brar etc will definately be against India and pro Khalistan? Last thing we want is that they pretend to represent the kaum and later we find out they been supporting India all along!

Admin Note: A quick friendly note to all members: Do not use this forum to spam and to gather votes for your fav. parties/leaders. Discuss what are their platforms instead of shouting "This party Zindabad" "Vote for him" etc.

All i can say they are true khalistans. Yes the party will make changes and am will defo listen to the ppl and youth. Put it this way this party will not be going every mondays out the the india consultate from ere as did mr soni. there are a lot of issues that ppl or singhs dont know and i hope the party will outline there interest.

One change, Marriages will come down to £251 not the £1000 pound that are currently in place. I wanted my wedding at this Gurdwara as i been goin to singh sabha since i was small but i didnt to pay 1000 just for the gurdwara, cause i think not everyone could afford it i could but didnt wana cause i thinkit silly asking so much.

what will be done to promote the akal takhats authority by the sher group if they get in?

will the Sikh missionary and the Gurdwara work more closely together as Pal Brar runs it?

and what role will Kesar Mand be doing, surely he must qualify to be a future pardhan?

better still who will be pardhan if sher party win?

Hi all i got to say is i have met all the above and most of the party member, hence why i am supporting them. I would urge the member of the election to support the sher party do to the facts and changes that this party will bring.

if you look at the poster of the sher party, on the back side is the important meeting taking place on the 24/9/06 about notices that have been changed without consulting the member of the gurdwara. i will scan this in but as i got the 12 size poster its gona be hard.

I know Mr Mand personally and i know he listens to everything the youth has to say as i do know youth do give him some advise of the youths point of views.

Lets hope we can change the way the system of the gurdwara works so please vote Sher Party, if you wana see some changes. If you got concerns about anything please do pm or email me and ill try n find out for you.

Basically Mr Mand was a jorutnalist at the time of the 84 bluestar attacks on the golden temple. I'm not sure if you have seen the video or not, is when Mr Mand is interviewing Sant Bhindranwale at the time of the attacks

[/quote

I havent seen the video brother. So Mand is for real then definately, what a lucky Singh to have met Sant Ji.

Have u or anyone got the video you mentiones or do you have a link for it

]