Singh With Dunalli

*best* Country For The Sikhs?

Sat Sangat Ji,

I would like to know what all of you think? Which country is the best for the Sikhs to live in? Now, please respond with why you think the country you stated is the best? Try to be polite. :TH: Some things to take into consideration are:

Whether if the John/Jane Doe's of the country know what a SIKH is.

Are they well-settled and into all kinds of jobs in the country.

Are they well-intregrated into society.

Is there Sikhi Saroop strong, and well respected in the country?

Are their basic rights respected and honoured? ETC..

Now, here is what I think.

Canada.

Advantages- Sikhs are into all kinds of profession here, and quite well-intregrated. Many Canadians do know what the Sikhs are, Are becoming a dominant society in the Canadian community.

Disadvantages- They aren't really scattered all over the place, need to do more to teach people about Sikhism, etc.

USA.

Advantages- Lots of successful entrepreneurs, and professors that are Sikhs, are scattered into every State pretty much.

Disadvantages- Not many American know the difference between Sikhs and other religions, should elect Members of Parliament to help voice concerns about the Sikh Community.

UK.

Advantages- Quite respected community in the country, Are progressing pretty well, Been there for a long time.

Disadavantages- Too many earring wearing Singhs in that country, need TURBAN wearing MP'S (Member of Parliaments), More Punjabism rather than Sikhism there (it seems).

India.

____________________ (FILL IN THE BLANK)

I could be wrong or right, you guys can correct me. But do put in your feedback. Looking forward for the Sangats replies.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh. :nihungsmile:

I think UK, bz i sikhs there are from the 2nd or 3rd generation and are well mixed into the society. I live in USA, but i went there recently and have seen sikhs into most of the professions, they even have a sikh person as the police chief.

California is the best place for Sikhs. :umm:

What makes you say that, Sir? :TH:

I think UK, bz i sikhs there are from the 2nd or 3rd generation and are well mixed into the society. I live in USA, but i went there recently and have seen sikhs into most of the professions, they even have a sikh person as the police chief.

Interesting, any other reasons?

California is the best place for Sikhs. :umm:

NOt quite.... Last week i was in BAY AREA, supposdly the focal point of sikhs. I was standing outside my aunts house when couple of teenagers drove in a car and hurled eggs at me. Though they missed, but they did this in braod daylight. In the same area couple of weeks back a sikh guy was stabbed outside his home by a neighbourer. No doubt california has a huge concentration of sikhs, but most americans still dont know diff. between sikhs and muslims. Also in the last year or so, 2 sikh taxi drivers has been killed in richmond area.

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA
What makes you say that, Sir?

my completely biased post :umm:

NOt quite.... Last week i was in BAY AREA, supposdly the focal point of sikhs. I was standing outside my aunts house when couple of teenagers drove in a car and hurled eggs at me. Though they missed, but they did this in braod daylight. In the same area couple of weeks back a sikh guy was stabbed outside his home by a neighbourer. No doubt california has a huge concentration of sikhs, but most americans still dont know diff. between sikhs and muslims. Also in the last year or so, 2 sikh taxi drivers has been killed in richmond area.

I know it is pretty bad. People throw beer bottles at me while they drive by and people yell "you stupid muslim" or "look at his hat, Bin laden"{trying to insult a muslim but Im a Sikh rolleyes.gif }

People in the U.S get their left and their right mixed up so Im not suprized they get Sikhs and muslims mixed up. :lol:

NO doubt the UK is...

Why?

1) Because the Sikh youth are always so welcoming

2) Theres ALWAYS some sort of kirtan prog / youth prog going on

3) Theres more G'ware around here (one in every corner)!!!

4) Ummm... Just becuase it is!

There is good and bad people everywhere, its up the individual to find the best!

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

My mom was born in New Zealand she was a newzealanda govna :umm:

i think no need for canada

no need for usa

no need for uk

we need khalistan and that will be the best country for sikhs.

people i america and canada and even Uk don't know who sikhs are because everytime a gora comes up to them and say hey wassup with the turban, sikhs are like, "we are indian."

indian is not our religion. our people are so brainwashed by bharat mata that they say their religion is "Indian". veen SS news had a story about racists in cali and the article tried to "educate" teh american sby saying, we are not muslim, we are indian. ?! yeah that's what i thought. I was like ok, there are more indian Muslims than sikhs. we can't explain, taht's why people don't know. It's all the uncles and aunties out there, "we are indian, not muslim" they are so barinwashed by bollywood films that i think they don't realize that not all muslims moved to pakistan after partition...

what can ya do.

Guest militant singh

ENGLAND YES ITS ENGLAND

NO doubt the UK is...

Why?

1) Because the Sikh youth are always so welcoming

2) Theres ALWAYS some sort of kirtan prog / youth prog going on

3) Theres more G'ware around here (one in every corner)!!!

4) Ummm... Just becuase it is!

There is good and bad people everywhere, its up the individual to find the best!

Some very good replies. Keep them coming. Sunshine Paaji/BhanJi you have good point but you know I would like to ask you a couple of things.

1) Sikh Youth are welcoming in every country, so what makes England different?

2) I can bet you there are more programs in Canada than England.

3) Having Gurdware in every corner doesn't necessarily mean a good thing can it? If anything I have noticed UK has wayyyyyy to many caste based Gurdwaras. Would you call that a good thing? Oh here's a Jatt Gurdwara, or Ramgarhia Gurdwara, or Chumaar Gurdwara, etc.

4) OK.

:TH:

anything but england, even if its engville :umm:

LOL.gif You the man, PRITAM. :TH:

The best country for Sikhs is INDIA.

1. You can walk around with your three feet long sword and people have no objection.

2. People know that you are Sikh not Muslim.

3. Sikhs don't have to hide their identity in order to get work or wear cap.

4. Sikhs don't get beaten on the road because they wear turbans or look like Osama Bin Laden.

5. Sikhs don't have to listen to slur which is quiet common if you are walking on the road.in western countries.

6. You can always find one Gurudwara sahib on a walking distance no matter where you are in India. If not walking distance then within few miles.

7. All historical ( Mostly) Gurudwaras exist in India & Pakistan.

8. You can walk on the road wearing all your shastars like Nihangs and in full bana and noone has objection.

9. All kind of night kirtans and others kirtans are available.

10. The big Sikh parades are available on all kind of Gurupurubs.

11. People don't look at you as you just landed with UFO and may be an alien.