Sikh Boy's Forced Hair Cut

lakhvir

WaheguruJi Ka Khalsa. WaheguruJi Ki Fateh.

It's shocking to hear the news of the Sikh boy who's hair was chopped off by an assailant and the overwhelming global concern raised over it was humbling and awakening. But what use is it to raise swords over the issue and give the watching world just how 'fanatic' Sikhs are. The outrage is justified, and the culprit already in the hands of the police. Displaying public outrage by way of wielding swords will make matters only more vulnerable for the Sikhs at large.

This incident is not any different from what happened to Bhai Taru Ji. Today we look at Bhai Taru's martyrdom as an example of our added zeal to uphold the values of Sikhi. It's a grave injustice on the young Sikh to have his sacred hair massacred in such a manner but Sikh Dharam is also about tolerance and patience. It is indeed a gross violation of religious freedom in a country that considers itself secular, but we need to approach this with a more serene mind. Look what happened to the man who shot and killed Balbir Singh Sodhi in USA, all because of the killer's foolishness of not knowing the difference between a Sikh and a Taliban – he's finally behind bars which serves great lessons to those who even contemplated following his blind rage. The assailant of the young Sikh has commited a crime for which we should seek justice for.

We need to follow up the case of this Sikh boy to the end of justice, and by unsheathing swords in the streets will not do it. We have already witnessed turbaned Sikh policemen raining down on the protestors. We can beat this Indian mentality through law which the world will watch. The perfect example is of the Sikh Coalition – just look at the differece they have made in the USA. The law is the protector, only until things get out of hand should any physical steps like public outrage be taken.

The SGPC should be put to task to follow the justice, because the common Sikh will simply get beat down by the Indian Government to protect the culprit.

WaheguruJi Ka Khalsa. WaheguruJi Ki Fateh.

post-1083-1156415325.jpg

post-1083-1156415386.jpg

Lakhvir Singh Ji,

I partly agree with you but have zero confidence in any current "sikh" leadership. Let's face it, it's India which leader is actually going to do anything about this? The oneous will fall on the common man in the end.

Guruji gave the leadership to the Khalsa not the SGPC.

What confidence do we have in SGPC, Akal Takht etc? None.

Justice in India? Come on Bhaji, let's be realistic!

Charan Singh Ji,

I completely agree with you on the fact that we have no Sikh leadership, but we (the common man) needs to add pressure on both the SGPC and Akaal Takht leaders to make the move that the Khalsa deserves. It's so ironic that we hardly ever raise swords against our silly power-hungry leaders. As for justice in India, I agree, it's a myth but we need to turn the myth inside out and make it work for us, in some way, like the Sikh Coalition has succeeded in.

It's getting more and more intolerable for a Sikh to live like a Khalsa in a country whicj was saved from the clutches of spiritual and temporal slavery. In the end, our only consolation is that they will reap their rot, for they are a thankless country, though we seek no gratitude, but freedom to live as our Gurus made us.

Charan Singh Ji,

I completely agree with you on the fact that we have no Sikh leadership, but we (the common man) needs to add pressure on both the SGPC and Akaal Takht leaders to make the move that the Khalsa deserves. It's so ironic that we hardly ever raise swords against our silly power-hungry leaders. As for justice in India, I agree, it's a myth but we need to turn the myth inside out and make it work for us, in some way, like the Sikh Coalition has succeeded in.

It's getting more and more intolerable for a Sikh to live like a Khalsa in a country whicj was saved from the clutches of spiritual and temporal slavery. In the end, our only consolation is that they will reap their rot, for they are a thankless country, though we seek no gratitude, but freedom to live as our Gurus made us.

It takes the actions of the external enemies to make us realise how weak we have actually become. You are 100 % correct when you say "It's so ironic that we hardly ever raise swords against our silly power-hungry leaders."

There have been hundreds of issues of beadbi over the past 20 years which have offended, insulted and upset Sikhs around the world. What has the leadership done about these incidents? You can write letters to the supposed panthic leaders, believe me I have written many. Just don't hold your breath when it comes to actions or replies!

There's nothing wrong in protesting, it is a democratic country and one can protest as much as anyone wants to. But whether you get 'justice' or not is another matter !!!

The hindus are a 'dumbed down' group of people, who will not assert anything or standup on behalf of anyone. They have to remove the yoke of 700 yrs of servility (500 yrs of Mughal nuisance and genocide, 200 yrs of british parasitic loot).

Until then all manner of opportunists, wayfarers, thugs, dacoits etc can & will have their way.

I really wish that Lakhvir's approach would produce the results. Truth is at this point in time which Sikh really has any confidence in the so-called leaders of the Panth. I keep banging on about the reformation, revolution, clean up act whatever you want to call it. The Makkar, Vedanati, Badals need to be removed.

This incident might finally wake the Sikhs of India up and get them to reform a new leadership to combat the various forms of beadbi which the current leadership don't see as a problem at all.

Are Sikhs in India jumping the gun?

Remember their have been cases in UK, USA and Canada where Sikh boys have made up allegations of their hair being cut of in attacks. Then later it was found out that it is they themselves who cut their hair because of cultural pressures to "fit in".

Remember their have been cases in UK, USA and Canada where Sikh boys have made up allegations of their hair being cut of in attacks. Then later it was found out that it is they themselves who cut their hair because of cultural pressures to "fit in".

I think it's pretty much established that this boys hair was forceably cut, especially as the offenders have been names. It's a shame that these few earlier incidents in the US where some guys faked their attacks in order to cut their hair will put doubts on the authenticity of the jaipur boy's claims.

I think it's pretty much established that this boys hair was forceably cut, especially as the offenders have been names. It's a shame that these few earlier incidents in the US where some guys faked their attacks in order to cut their hair will put doubts on the authenticity of the jaipur boy's claims.

True,

And I believe this case to be geniune but I do not want another Sikh getting hurt or killed in India in these protests because if trigger happy police start to become heavy handed. Then all the Sikh community will be up in arms and it will turn into something more than just one incident, this can easily spread into something more deadly and destructive.

Update: 1 arrested in Sikh boy's forced haircut issue

Thursday, August 24, 2006 03:23:34 pm

A day after protests much across north India, Arjun Meena, accused of assaulting the Sikh boy Inderjeet, was arrested in New Delhi earlier this morning and has been taken to Jaipur for questioning.

Meena was accused of abducting and assaulting Inderjeet by chopping off his hair after Inderjeet allegedly witnessed Arjun Meena eve-teasing a school mate of his. The Sikh community in Jaipur is up in arms, launching a strong protest against the incident.

This issue also rocked the Lok Sabha leading to its adjournment twice today. The issue was raised by Congress member Madhusudan Mistry as soon as the House met for the day. He alleged that minorities were not safe in BJP-ruled states, evoking sharp protests from Opposition benches.

Home Minister Shivraj Patil assured agitated members in the Rajya Sabha that Government would take note of such incidents hurting religious sentiments. Responding to concerns expressed in the Upper House by emotionally-charged members, particularly from the Sikh community, Patil appealed to people not to fall prey to nefarious designs of certain elements to divide society by whipping up religious passions.

Opposition leader L K Advani has demanded an inquiry on the school principal’s role in Sikh boy’s forced haircut issue.

The protests spread

Meanwhile, the Sikh community in Mumbai too staged a morcha today.

About 7 to 8,000 Sikh men joined in on the peace march which extended from GTB Nagar to Dadar Gurudwara. Police were deployed to ensure that the rally went off peacefully. Some demonstrators carrying ceremonial swords tried to stop traffic momentarily along the way, by lying down across the road, others briefly staged a mock slaying. But the march ended soon after noon without any untoward occurrences.

SGPC doesnt even care what went on, as if the picture of 4 sgpc men pulling a Sikh guys kesh wasnt bad enough, here we have clear evidence it is not interested in welfare of adherants of the faith.

----------

Complete Bandh observed in Amritsar

JAGMOHAN SINGH

Thursday, 24 August 2006

AMRITSAR: Complete Bandh has been observed in the holy city in protest against the Jaipur incident wherein, a school going Sikh youth was abducted and some identified miscreants sheared his hairs. All the educational institutions with in the city were also forced to close.

It may be mentioned here that yesterday a call for Bandh was given by the various Sikh organization in protest against the Jaipur incident

During the Band call today various Sikh organizations including Youth Akali Dal, Dam Dami Taksal Bhindranwala, and Sikh Students Federation were seen on the roads while wielding naked swords and forcing the people for the closure of their business establishments.

A group of Sikh youths thrashed the shopkeepers who were adamant to close their establishments in the various places in the city.

Inside the walled city, group of Sikh youth went on rampage and smashed the windowpanes of juice bars and eating points.

However, a prime Sikh religious body SGPC (Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee) did not participate in the Bandh, even sale counter of Sikh literature house being run by SGPC was not closed.