Multiple Sclerosis

Guest _Singh_

Guest _Singh_

waheguru jee ka khalsa, waeguru jee ke fateh

this mite sound n com across as a silly topic but i was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in january this year and i have not met any other sikhs with the same disorder, so does any one know any other sikhs with this same problem?

FATEH.

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

maybe u can ask ur doctor if there's a support group, i'm pretty sure they have programs like that for ppl with cancer and stuff but not sure about MS....do as much paat as u can now, b/c your condition will limit how much u'll b able to do...go do seva like crazy, try to take amrit now if u can...remember this is Guru ji's hukam so stay strong and do paat like u've never done it b4...i wish u the best...

Guest Guest

yer for real taking amrit is somthing i wana do iv been a sardar all my life so sikhi is in my life 4 real, il take it soon enuff, first gotta stop eating mass grin.gif

fateh.

GuruFateh!

My mother was diagnosed with MS approx. 10+years ago. For the first few years, she was OK and only noticed minor problems such as feeling tired a lot quicker than normal and not being able to do as much as she could before. But then as the MS progressed, she started using a walking stick and then slowly had to move onto a walking frame to help her walk. Another problem she encountered was that her bladder did not function as well as it should so a few years ago, she had to start self-catheterising herself. At this moment in time, she has no had an operation to have a permanent catheter fitted to a bag so that she does not have to use the bathroom to pass urine as there is a risk of her falling as she is now in a wheelchair.

That is the story of what happened to one MS sufferer (my mother) but you should talk to your doctor as there are 3 types of MS and they all act in a different manner.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

waheguru jee ka khalsa, waheguru jee kee fateh

hey bruv am sorry to hear about ur mother, i was diagnosed with remmiting and relapsing ms and ur only supposed to have 1 attack every year but i have had 11 so my ms is real active, but i start my treatment next month in cambridge, am going to take campath which has a 90% reduction in attacks.

gur fateh.

disease of the nervous system: a serious progressive disease of the central nervous system, occurring mainly in young adults and thought to be caused by a malfunction of the immune system.

It leads to the loss of myelin in the brain or spinal cord and causes muscle weakness, poor eyesight, slow speech, and some inability to move.

fatehjee,

my mum was diagnosed with ms a couple of years ago, when she was about 34 wacko.gif , she hasn't got it too bad, but gets very tired and i think with ms u get numbness hunna but ye im not sure what kind shes got, but walkingwise she alrite at the moment and i hope it stays like that, but what my mum says is that she was meant to have it , and as people say sumtyms dukh can do sum1 good...and its hukkam at the end of they day!

fatehjee,

my mum was diagnosed with ms a couple of years ago, when she was about 34 i think wacko.gif , she hasn't got it too bad, but gets very tired and i think with ms u get numbness ??? but ye im not sure what kind shes got, but walkingwise she alrite at the moment and i hope it stays like that, but what my mum says is that she was meant to have it , and as people say sumtyms dukh can do sum1 good , am i right?

Sat Sri Akal!

Yes Bhenji, MS sufferers can experience numbness, my mother experiences this on a regular basis. Dukh can be a good thing in the sense that it brings you closer to Waheguru. Many people do not remember God when things are going good in their lives however, when times get bad then they remember God. This can sometimes serve as a wake up call for these people.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

• 1 year later...