Questioning God

Paneet

WJKK WJKF

I'm in a bit of a dilemna right now. this is something i never ever would have expected to happen to me, and it's horrible. i just want to know if anyone one else has ever gone through this.

i've stopped believing in sikhi. not completely though because i don't want to stop, but it's happened in a way that i can't stop it. i know that guru nanak dev ji always wanted his sikhs to question everything, and i'm the kind of person that questions everything, and recently those questions have led me to doubt sikhi. i used to think that i had SO much faith, i used to think nothing could break my faith, i used to not be able to understand how ppl could not believe in God, and here I am, suddenly finding myself in this situation. i've even started questioning the existence of God Himself. i don't want to - but I'm trying to find something that will help me believe inHim again and I can't find it, and it;s really frustrating - more than frustrating even, it's scary. i've been praying to God everyday actually, to help me have faith again, because life without God is so meaningless, so empty, and so frightening - thisissomething u can't fully understand until God is no longer a part of your life.

has anyone else evr been through this kind of situation? and how did u regain your faith?

need help :|

edit: i kinda was hoping this message would remain gupt, but i made the mistake of logging in, and i can't delete it now - so now u guys now who i am, but please don't hate me. sad.gif

vjkk vjkf

i dont know if this will be much help, but i recently went through the same thing and havent come out of it completely yet. for me, there was no other option but to have faith in Guru Ji and his sikhi. without it i would have been a lot more lost than i could have been. the bottom line is, sikhi is the Ultimate Truth. without it, you'll fail your life-test - because our life is a test. or at least, it'll be a lot harder to pass it.

rebuild slowly - if you think you have no faith in sikhi then keep faith in Guru Ji at least. he loves you and will always be there for you, no matter how much you doubt Him. there's the Right Path and the Wrong Path. and the only decent option is to continue on the Right One. our time on earth is limited...taking the Wrong exit could waste a *lot* of time. deep down we know Guru Ji exists, yet because we can't feel him or see him, we doubt it. even this is part of Guru Ji's hukam - he has created this doubt, in his world-play. and he gives the answer to us as well.

eik man eaek dhhiaaeeai man kee laahi bharaa(n)th ||

With one-pointed mind, meditate on the One Lord, and the doubts of your mind will be dispelled.

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=136

the only thing we can do is encourage you and pray for you. think carefully about life without sikhi, and where it would lead (if anywhere) and then think about life in sikhi and the peace of mind you could get from it. i found that even looking at animals or mountains or clouds made it easier to appreciate Guru Ji's skill at crafting everything so beautifully. we turn our backs on him, yet he always loves us. and eventually we will go running back to him. but we have the choice to make sure that we don't run back when it's too late - we have the oppurtunity to run now, and we need to take it, otherwise we're screwed.

i don't know if this helped, but i couldn't just look past the thread without replying. and no-one will hate you for being human :| Guru Ji loves you.

vjkk vjkf

WJKK WJKF

hey panji dw we wouldn't hate you......i mean i guess it sometimes happens....i mean i guess you've been thinkin so much....you think deeper and deeper and then you come up with quesitions you feel you shouldn't be asking like "is there a god" and stuff like that.....but when it come's to faith.....woah man it can be real hard soemtimes.....even in the most difficult situations you expect god to come running and make everythin better....but it doesn't happen and you get all frustrated......don't worry panji to find that real faith you have to look at all the positive things....what has guru ji done for you??and truth is i'm kind of there.....i do ardas to guru ji begging HIM to make me stronger so i can have full faith in HIM......but see i've realized that it all takes time......you have to be patient sometimes....which can be really frustrating i know but...you'll understand panji don't worry...continue to do simran and paath.....then do ardas and ask guru ji why is this happening? HE'll give you answers for sure panji because this all happens for a reason :| bhul chuk muaf karnee ji

STAY IN CHARDI KALA PANJI!!!!!!!!!! :wub:

WJKK WJKF

Thank you both for your advice, and thanks for being so sensitive.

I guess what really made me start questioning so much was looking at other faiths. I never could understand how people could believe what they did because they were things that I never could believe in as a Sikh. I started to realise that basically all it was was just that - nothing more than faith. We can't know what is truly right or wrong, and that's what started to make me question Sikhi. Obviously it goes alot deeper than that, but ultimately that's what lead me to where I am now.

I'll follow your guys' advice though - I'll try to trust in Guru ji to bring me through this. I need Waheguru. It makes me want to cry because if there is no Waheguru then - there's no purpose to living, is there? And that's a very unsettling thought.

sad.gif

thanks again

Thank you both for your advice, and thanks for being so sensitive.

I guess what really made me start questioning so much was looking at other faiths. I never could understand how people could believe what they did because they were things that I never could believe in as a Sikh. I started to realise that basically all it was was just that - nothing more than faith. We can't know what is truly right or wrong, and that's what started to make me question Sikhi. Obviously it goes alot deeper than that, but ultimately that's what lead me to where I am now.

I'll follow your guys' advice though - I'll try to trust in Guru ji to bring me through this. I need Waheguru. It makes me want to cry because if there is no Waheguru then - there's no purpose to living, is there? And that's a very unsettling thought.

sad.gif

thanks again

do ardas penji its just a test from mahraj to test your faith do ardas and jaap naaam :|

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

If you are starting to have doubts, that isn't a real problem. Its time you open up and look around, and FIND God. The problem that most faiths have is that: they rely exclusively on arbitrary rules because SOMEONE said so. This is how true sikhi is different.

Look into your life, find that evidence that God exists. Its there. You might be surprised to realize that God isn't some guy in cloud. Read Gurbani, and try to understand how God can be "everywhere but nowhere". How God is "superior to all, but within us all".

There is an answer!

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Guest Guest

wjkk...wjkf

i really dunno wha to say penji...i think this is jus waheguru jiz way to show u tht u shuldnt alwayz think tht nothin can break ur faith or look down at ppl who dont believe in god...we shuld alwayz do ardass askin waheguru ji to alwayz keep us in chardi kala and to have faith in him...coz u know nothin is in our handz...we mite think we r all strong but we r like lil ants but then again guru nanak dev ji say 'kiri tul na hovni je tis manho na veesrey...even kings and emperors with heaps of wealth and vast dominion cannot compare with an ant filled with the luv of god...so its all bout luv and faith...so keep faith...and dont question too much penji...coz then u'll be jus goin in circles and not gonna get newhere and this life is to short to waste in useless questioning...deep down inside u...u know tht god exists coz if he dinn then u wouldnt be here...who do u think created u...and this entire creation...there is only one doer penji...we r all jus his puppets...we do wha he makes us do...nak nath khasam hath...kirt dhake deh...jaha daane taha khane....nanaka sach hey...so nothin is in our hands...all we can do is ardass...so do tht penji...ask fo himmat and faith...with guru jiz kirpa u'll be fine....and yeah do more path then usuall...do sukhmani sahib penji...it will help u

if lookin at other faiths make ur sikhi go down hill then why do u bother buttin into other peoples faith...let them do wha they think is rite...and u do wha u think is rite...be glad ur born in a sikhi family penji...waheguru ji gave u such a lovin father, guru gobind singh ji, and mother, maata sahib kaur ji, jus try to feel the luv penji...stop questionin...its not gonna lead newhere...u'll jus get lost...its all maya jal penji....tryin to sink u in this bhik bavjaal...jus do path and ardass penji...and dont worry too such...waheguru ji is luvin and carin he will get his baby outta this dubida...do ardass and looooooots of path

i know this wasnt much help...plz forgive me...im jus a moorakh u know...dont know nethin

waheguru ji ka khalsa

waheguru ji ki fateh

stay in chardi kala penji

may waheguru ji do his kirpa

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa

Waheguru ji ke Fateh...

Ooo pen ji da sme thign happened to me like a year..six months ago :wub: ... but im okay now.... thing is i dint evn realise that I had doubted God untill now... because it jus seems that Guru ji is so much more real to me... living now... as I gain more understanding of sikhi and Guru ji. All I can say pen ji is that your doubt lik every1 else sed will b gone after ardaas and naam, and of course time... but I think u might find it easier to have faith and to believe in something if u can see it, and u can c Guru ji in Sangat :wub: ... so if u can go to Sikh Youth programmes and find ppl ur age and stuff and trust me ur doubt will fade and those questions will go... and u wont even realise it until sum1 else ses the same thing.. like u jus reminded me.. hey hu knows maybe u cud giv sum1 advice on it in the future :TH: ... sorri I probably dint even a help a bit.. but ke patha hey lol :|

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa Waheguru ji ke Fateh

thanks everyone for your kind words. :oops: I'll definitely do more ardaas from now. I really hope you guys are right and this is just a "phase" I'm going through, cuz I desperately need to be able to have faith in God again. Maybe this is a test, and who knows, I may just come out with stronger faith than before. I hope so!

And it's nice to know I'm not the only one that's gone through this!

Guest Guest

WJKK WJKF

I'm in a bit of a dilemna right now. this is something i never ever would have expected to happen to me, and it's horrible. i just want to know if anyone one else has ever gone through this.

i've stopped believing in sikhi. not completely though because i don't want to stop, but it's happened in a way that i can't stop it. i know that guru nanak dev ji always wanted his sikhs to question everything, and i'm the kind of person that questions everything, and recently those questions have led me to doubt sikhi. i used to think that i had SO much faith, i used to think nothing could break my faith, i used to not be able to understand how ppl could not believe in God, and here I am, suddenly finding myself in this situation. i've even started questioning the existence of God Himself. i don't want to - but I'm trying to find something that will help me believe inHim again and I can't find it, and it;s really frustrating - more than frustrating even, it's scary. i've been praying to God everyday actually, to help me have faith again, because life without God is so meaningless, so empty, and so frightening - thisissomething u can't fully understand until God is no longer a part of your life.

has anyone else evr been through this kind of situation? and how did u regain your faith?

need help :|

edit: i kinda was hoping this message would remain gupt, but i made the mistake of logging in, and i can't delete it now - so now u guys now who i am, but please don't hate me. sad.gif

this is good!!!!!!!!

if you go throught this phase i think it is good, you need to research and read up and listen to katha etc and find out for yourself, about why and what the gurus came to teach us and read gurbani and try to understand what it is saying.

This way you will understand what you belive in, and not just follow everyone else. this way you will know why you belive in, have faith in , trust , and follow the gurus hukam. i went through this phase and i realised that most people follow sikhi for 'show' and dont understand the 'spirituality' side of things and they are not following the gurus hukam. this phase helped me understand what is going on, why we are here, and who i am. Now my faith is pure from the heart because i understand more things

i hope u will too

i hope you understand what im trying to say