modern technology and sikhi

Gupt daasan daas

gurbani says a babys soul is there as soon as it is conceived, in fact being in the womb is part of our charasi lakh joon, its like sensory deprivation.

therefore abortion is wrong. i used to beleive it was ok until few weeks ago when i realized its against sikhi. women should have the right to choose, why dont they choose not to be sluts in the first place?

i think abortion is ok in the case of rape or incest etc.. but if u ask me abortion is a consequence of western corruption.

Guest balwinderkaur
why dont they choose not to be sluts in the first place?
sounds abit male chauvinistic to me tongue.gif but its true....women of today are getting to be more wild.....A TOTAL DISGRACE to the fair gender.
gurbani says a babys soul is there as soon as it is conceived

could u kindly put up references i.e. panna etc. where we could obtain this info??? would appreciate it lots. :) thanks.

What if that child is another Nanak??

Pheena,

I don't want to comment on the actual topic,

But that quote is one of the most irresponsible and faithless things I've ever heard any "Sikh" say.

How could there be another Guru Nanak Sahib Jee?

Anyone who has proper and real faith in the greatness of our great Guru will never dare to say that there could be "another".

My apologies, i should have made it more clear. It is not in a literal meanings that Another Guru Nanak will appear. But Another Great Soul like Budha, like Jesus, Like Guru Nanak dev ji.

Khalsa ji, im a Guy, not a Girl. :St: worthy.gif:

Pheena....not every woman wants a child.

very true. well said dilkaraja. children can be a real pain in the neck and a hindrance to one's personal career fulfillment and spiritual fulfillment. Plus they use up soo much money :(tongue.gif:) Well okay lets get back to topic....hmm well i think its a couples personal choice if they wanna employ technological advances in getting a child. I see nothing wrong with that.

i see your point sis. But Our Gurus had Children, i don't they were HInderend with their Spirituality. Do you think the Wifes of our Guru didn't achieve Mukhti, because they were taking care of the children instead of Doing S

imran??

Then again its a Personal choice.

Guest balwinderkaur

i didnt say they didnt achieve mukti. :) im not talking about mukti here veerjee.....during those times raising kids was not an expensive task (i assume...cuz during that time parents juz needed to send their child to sch ....no need for enrichment class, gameboys,barbie dolls, PLAYSTATIONS:P *lol* and wutever else) and yes i agree its a personal choice..so we'll just leave it at that. :(