Chunni Question

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

Sat Sri Akal:

Maybe a stapler... grin.gif

Always wondered how Sikh women could go to battle with Chunnis...

"Hey...stop with that sword...gotta adjust my Chunni...sheesh, some men..." :lol:

lolllll...haha...that shudnt be funny but it is!!!

ha ha, i've always wondered about that but we can wear a chola and i wodnt mind wearing a ramal then...in pics they always have mai bhago wearing a chunni on her dastaar and im like "how does that work?"

Hello,

Is there a trick to getting a chunni to stay on your head? The few times I've tried to wear one at home it just constantly falls off. I don't want that to happen in gurdwara.

Thanks!

nokidding, i hate suits mostly b/c the chunnis p** meoff but what can u do? i wana wear a dastar but im not amrit shak so dun wana seem like a hypocrite(as my dad pointed out)....i dont like wearing ramals with a suit, and using a pin wud prolly wreck the chunni...are there certain types of pins that are clear as well? i've tried hairpins but they just slide along my hair and next thing u noe the pins near the bak of my neck and so's the front of the chunni.

Bhenji .. you wouldnt be a hypocrit if u abide by the sikhi teachings .. ie. doing your 5 banian da paaht, no kurehits/bujjer kurehits .. etx.. exactly how a amritdhari would live except being amritshuk .. if you can do all those things, i would encourage you to wear a dastaar as it would prob make u only stronger ! i know many bibian who are not amritshuk yet, but where a dastaar, and its only making their rehit/sikhi stronger ! :lol:

and about the chunni thing.. if you dont wana wear a dastaar .. wear a patka and a chunni on top if you likes or just go wit a patka ..

hope that helps .. :TH:

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa

Waheguru ji ki Fateh

yo i totally agree wid jaspaul veerji!and evryone else.....jus wear a patka....then put ur chunni over it...dat looks real nice too :TH: .....and jaspaul veerji is rite.....ima not amrit-dhaari yet but i still do panj banian da paath in da mornin,rehras in da afternoon,and so on.....if u wear a dastaar it jus makes ur sikhi stronger!even if ur not amritshuk......jus makes u feel stronger and more confident :e: .....and well if ur chunni still falls off ur head.....take da sides uv da chunni dat cover da sides uv ur face and put em behind ur ears...kinda like u would do wid ur hair if it werent covered......if u guys understand wat i mean that is...LOL...bhul chuk muaf ji.....

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa

Waheguru ji ki Fateh

I know what you guys mean when you say the chunni p**ses you off. It does the same to me. I just buy some really small hairpins and use those and they work really well. Sometimes the fabric is important too because if the fabric is slippery its obviously gunna slip off your head. Duhh. Lol. Or maybe the chunni is just scared of your head and its running away. It might have a mind of its own. Ooooooooo

Lol. Anywhoo. I hope one uf my trips work. If not stab your chunni to kill it off because you never know if it does have a mind . . . . . . . . .

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Vahegurujeekakhalsa

Vahegurujeekeefateh

Bhainay, i know the feeling.

What i usually do, is tuck my chunnie behind my ears... its works for me

I guess its whts best for you. I would say go with wearing dastaar/patka, but if you cant at the present time becuase of reasons, then try certain clips or tucking behind you ears.

Vahegurujeekakhalsa

Vahegurujeekeeefateh :TH:

well.. i think it also depends on the type of chunni ur wearin... like the silky ones tend to fall off easier then the pure ones (if anybody knows about good material of a chunni.. its the pure dabata all the waayy.. :TH: ).. but ask ur mom.. she may know.. cuz the cheaper ones are a rip off :lol: ...

• 2 months later...