caste

singh22

Waheguru jee ka khalsaa waheguru ji ki fateh jee

This is a genuine question

I want to know why the sikhs follow the caste system.

The Gursikhs should not use their last name so that they can be recognised that they belong to this caste or that caste...

According to my knowlege Guru Gobind Singh Jee has told us to use Singh as the last name for man and Kaur as the last name for woman. Then why to use the last name that suggests you caste.

In the recent times, the last name has become a fashion or status symbol and which i think is wrong.

I know few people who are Gursikhs and are very religious but they still believe in the caste system and i don't what to tell them as they are elder to me.

I want to know what the sangat think about this ? and how should I teach the elders about the caste system

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Veerji do a search in www.srigranth.org and just type the word "caste" you will get plenty of shabads regarding it there..

jwxhu joiq n pUChu jwqI AwgY jwiq n hy ]1]Recognize the Lord`s Light within all, and do not consider social class or status; there are no classes or castes in the world hereafter. (Guru Nanak Dev JI)

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

GABROO KHALISTAN DAH Posted on Nov 10 2003, 08:06 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i think the only alligance one owes is 2wards sikhi and no fake <"admin-profanity filter activated"> caste 

hahahahaha

veer jee i like ur macho style. ^_^

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!