CONTACTS

do u think sikhs should be able to wear contacts a different colour than the original colour of their eye?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. do u think sikhs should be able to wear contacts a different colour than the original colour of their eye?

• yes
    • no

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!!

We are supossed to follow Waheguru's Hukam, that's one of the reasons we mantain our body intact. We accept it as a gift, a great one. Waheguru Ji is not stupid and he made us this way, if we want to change us (even if it is not permanently) is like we are saying that He does not made us right and we are better than He so we change us. I think we should humbly and gratefuly accept our eyes, skin, hair color. Why to hide what Waheguru give us? Let's be pride of what we are and have.

Tatoos is a way of changing us, if Waheguru wanted us to have a sign on our body He would give us one for sure! But He didn't.

Besides, to get a tatoo has a very serious health risks; yesterday I saw an article on T1MSN (Mexico) about tatoos and piercing, it says that it's very dangerous for many reasons.

You can get VHI, Hepatitis B (dont know how to say it in english),Skin Cancer, Psoriasis, Toxic Shocks (some of them use ink for painting cars), etc. There have been many cases in Europe.

http://www.t1msn.com.mx/salud/Ciencia/art0...salcietatuajes/

The article is in spanish, sorry, but if you want I can translate it and post it next monday (cause I'll be very bussy today).

That's my humbly opinion

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About changing the colour of the eye, it is not a necessity and more like make-up. So it should not really be considered okay. Even attachment to jewellery is wrong too. Wearing rings etc. People say that they arent attached to their rings, but then why is it that they can't get themselves to remove 'em! Slowly we will get into 'moh' (wordly attachment) with bigger things without realising it!

Like bhainjee said, natural is the best. Thats an honest and clean look.

Veera khalistani,

I believe its OK to colour our eyes. Besides there are many other things we colour that you probably didnt even think of e.g. food with haldi, books, clothes, etc so whats wrong with colouring eyes?

I really dont think Waheguru Ji has time to punish people for wearing coloured contact lenses as there are more important issues. (Just joking about the 'time' thing as Waheguru is timeless himself but my point is wearing coloured contacts is nothing big).

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Doctor_Mani wink2.gif

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh

Veer/Bhain Doctor_Mani jee,

You said that we even colour our food. This has no relation to whether we can wear contacts or not because food is not our soul that we are trying to spiritually make pure!

But Gurbanee does say about not to over indulge in food, Tohraa Kanaa, Tohraa Sonaa...we must eat little and sleep little.

Secondly, then you went on to say, that we wear different colour clothes. Again that does not have direct significance, BUT Guru jee says that we must dress simple!

NOW, then you went on to say that Vaheguru ji doesnt have time

to punish people who wear coloured contact lenses. This is actually our dillusion! Let me explain.

If I were to over induldge in food, i would excessively become fat and i would constantly crave for food and more food, when really my true craving and addiction should be NAAM.

If I were to over indulge in buying colourful clothes, i would be totally missing the point of living my human life. Why would i want so many colourful clothes, to attract wrong attension?? In the end, i may become a shoppaholic and instead think about clothes and not NAAM.

Slowly by over-indulging in food, clothes etc my mind will become more distant from Naam, or should i say Vaheguru jee!

Guru ji didnt leave behind Dhan Guru Granth Sahib ji for no reason. There must be something SO powerful about Gurbanee...Naam is our KEY to reach SaachKhand.....

We can now also say that wearing Contact Lenses does not have direct effect on our spirituality!

BUT it does...by wearing different contacts, over-indulging in clothes etc, i will become SELF-absorbed....Gurbanee says that we are to free ourselves from maya, duality, wordly attachments, ONLY after we begin to untie these bonds, then we can move towards Vaheguru ji. So in the end we hinder our spirituality.

AND hence therefore, we punish ourselves! Vaheguru ji does not need to make the punishment.

What we sow is what we reap, (Guru Nanak Dev ji)

Gurbanee also says that Vaheguru ji is the enjoyer of all pleasures. In the end, Vaheguru ji enjoys, but the funny thing is that it is us who have to suffer for it. But even that is medicine to our soul! Dukh Daroo, Sukh Roag Paiyaa!!

Therefore Marf Karnaa, but according to Gurmat, wearing coloured contacts is absolutely pointless. Its point serves no purpose for a Gurmat jeevan!

Guest balwinderkaur
deodorant(hmm that may be a necessity though guys do stink more *lol*

Uh oh.. and no singh here noticed that part of her post

it's true though

HAHAHAHHAHA..... tongue.gif i always get away with things vickey bhajee :) ..they are all too caught up in their debates to notice any personal jibes on their gender. HAHAHAH.

haha i know huh.. all of em are busy in wacko.gif which is cool cauz

to me seeing \\ them is a partytime2.gif

yepp same here.....as a matter of fact im munching on sugar doughnuts while watching em gladiators all knock each other out. :( heheheh. ;) free show tongue.gif *juz joking folks* continue your debates....or would you rather call a truce?????? :@