Sarab Loh

Niranjana

Gur Fateh!

There is much talk about Sarabloh, be it Bibek, Granth or what have you. I'm starting this thread to 'share' our 'thoughts' on the matter of the significance of Sarabloh for the Khalsa, however not explicitly with regard to Sarabloh Bibek or Sarabloh Granth (there are already many threads on these topics in existence), this is slightly wider...or simplier, why Sarabloh? Points to consider...(and not all necessarily Sikhi...just Sarabloh...to appreciate the ideaology)

*Significance vis-a-vis other metals used in religious services, ceremonies and rituals (namely gold and copper), political/social reform...

*Symbolic Value vis-a-vis availability for all/cheap (compared to gold, say), strength...tantra (importance of Iron to the Kali aspect) and martial aspects...

Look forward to your ideas and thoughts on this matter...

GUR BAR AKAAAAAALLL!!!

SAT SRI AKAAAAAL!!!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sarbloh is great!! Guru sahib himself does ustat of the power and says akal purakh himself resides in sarbloh. The power of sarbloh around your body and in your blood when doing naam simran is indescribable!

I think for most of us its hard to understand, so I can explain it in western though/science. Most of the time (if you watch documenteries and things u will know) spirituality is related to our magnetic field around our body. We all have an electro magnetic field around us. Increases in this field have been measured when french nuns and tibetan monks were studied while praying. Ghost hunters also use machines that can read electromagnetic fields to find ghosts.

anyway, all magnets are made from iron, iron is a metal with such a property that it effects magnetic fields in a special way. So gurbani says everything is made up of naam, naam vibrates in everything. There is a new quantum theory out that says all sub-atomic particals (proton, neurtrons, electrons) are made up of strings that are vibrating.. if you were to read a paper on this you would think of so many gurbani shabads! This single vibration is permeating everything.. so the answer science doesnt have is what is this vibration? NAAM!!

So I think Sarbloh channels naam a lot better than anything else and having sarbloh around us and in us helps us channel our bhagti easier.

Sarbloh has great and indescribable powers and is very beloved to our guru sahib.

man i realised why sarbloh wuz important a very wierd way

well my dog rite, she has 3 bowls.... 2 for water and 1 for food.... usualy plastic wuz for food and the 2 steel ones for water...

ne ways one day the plastic one wuz used for water by mistake and th enext morning it wuz full of fungii, and the steel water dish wuz clean....

its also much more healthy 2 use metalic dishes

Sat Sri Akal:

Interestingly, Nihung Baba Nihal Singh Ji addresses Sarbloh in his katha and proposes it as a solution to suffering from iron deficiency anemia. He gives the historical picture of Sikhs eating in the jungle leaves and roots in Sarbloh dishes and still having the strength to engage the opponent in combat.