Finding A Partner For Marriage

lonelysingh

I appreciate all the advice given.

Being a strict religious man with a religious upbringing I used to think that all the things he said were right - i.e. we are all bad, I am the root of the problem ("Poare dee Jare"), etc. He is wrong but sometimes his harsh words cut very deep.

I understand that suicide is a bad, bad thing to do and although it has crossed my mind more than a few times is ultimately wrong and pointless.

With regards to grandchildren - my father has already said that he thinks it would be a good idea if I started producing grand kids as soon as I marry....

I agree with the Bhenjis that 25 years old is young to get married.... I think my fathers main problem is that he sees this as a chore and he would rather my brother and I got married ASAP. He calls everything he does for us "Lehka" and "Karam" from a previous life that he has to sort out.

Maybe I should develop a thicker skin - things wouldn't hurt as much. I'm not a tough man. I am very sensitive and it hurts that he has to take out his bad parenting out on all of us.

In terms of respect - I don't respect him anymore - he isn't worthy of it.... he lost my respect for him a long time ago. The only people I respect are my God like mother, and my brother and of course Waheguru.

I try to do a bit of simran and ardaas everyday to find some peace and solice for my tortured soul. pray.gif

And Dad if you're listening/reading - all the swear words (faeces eater, sister******, mother******) and the other derogatory remarks such as donkey, etc... won't speed up the search for a wife. I'm sure both my brothers and sisters here agree - you should be ashamed of yourself.... :wub:

To lonelysingh: Move out, get your own place, for your future wife's sake. Trust me, your Dad's just gonna make more and more trouble for you and your wife when you do get married. You need to be out of his way, have some peace in your life. It's no sin if you get your own place. You're a man, it doesn't matter what your Dad says. You have strength within you, oh yes you do.

I try to do a bit of simran and ardaas everyday to find some peace and solice for my tortured soul. 

yup thas he bes thing u can do,

we are all here because of past mistakes- but thats not ur fathers responsibility its ur own....

stay strong bro :nihungsmile: