First ever North kirtan smagam

51ngh

Gur fathe! grin.gif

Programme for Guru Nanak Dev Jee's B'day

If u like kirtan then u would want to know that there is going to be the first ever North international smagam. Dates:

Wed 12th, 6am to 9am- Gurdwara singh sabha

Grant street bradford

Wed 12th, 7pm to 9pm- Guru Gobind singh Gurdwara

Gobid Marg bradford

Thur 13th, 6am to 9am- Gurdwara singh sabha

Grant street bradford

Thur 13th, 7pm to 9pm- Gurdwara Sahib

Chapletown Rd Leeds

Fri 14th, 6am to 9am- Gurdwara singh sabha

Grant street bradford

Fri 14th, 7pm to 12am-Gurdwara singh sabha

Grant street bradford

Rehansabhai Kirtan

Saturday 15th, 7pm to 5am- Gurdwara Sahib

Chapletown Rd Leeds

EVERYONE IS WELCOME! :nihungsmile:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ill be there too incase anyone has a cardiac arrest (heart attack) whislt doing simran.

Its always re-assuring that the Gurdwaras have Medics for emergencies these days.

So feel safe to come, youre all in good hands.

Doctor_Mani wink2.gif

Is that a joke? :T:

Not very funny. :)

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Guest Akaal108
Ill be there too incase anyone has a cardiac arrest (heart attack) whislt doing simran.

Its always re-assuring that the Gurdwaras have Medics for emergencies these days.

So feel safe to come, youre all in good hands.

Doctor_Mani wink2.gif

Like your humour there...

But dont save them... remember...at time or moment of death if simran comes "vaheguroo"" vaheguroo" ... ruh(atma) straight go to good place wubb.gifwubb.gifwubb.gif

I am not making fun of naam abyasees or naam simran- I meditate myself. I respect the naam abyasees and naam simran 100%.

But do you know the amount of tension the heart is put under whilst doing simran? I have seen the style alot of the sangat does simran (esspecially at AKJ events), where the tendancy is to say the true name 'Waheguru' whilst one is breathing out and in.

Try saying anything whlist breathing in and see how difficult it youself. When you breath in the intra-thoracic pressure increases above the set point therfore the venous blood return to the heart decreases and hence the blood pressure falls. To counteract this physiological change the the stroke volume and the heart rate increases which increases the cardiac ouput. Together with slight vasoconstiction and and an elevated cardiac output, the blood pressure is restored.

My point is the heart is naturally put under stress whilst breathing in and the fact that actualy saying something whilst breathing in puts ones heart under more stess. You may think the risks are not reall but you very occasionally see many singers and ragi's with heart desease.

I am not putting anyone off from naam simran- infact I incourage it. But what I am trying to do is to make the sangat concious of the risks involved and that they are reall.

Life and death is in the all mighty, Waheguru Ji's hands and us doctors can not do anything about that. But given the chance, we will always try our best to assist in saving someones life 'inshala'.

N30 S!NGH, you say,

'But dont save them... remember...at time or moment of deat

h if simran comes "vaheguroo"" vaheguroo" ... ruh(atma) straight go to good place'

But as a Doctor it is my duty to save many lifes as possible. You may ask me 'why?'- my answer is us doctors want a place in heaven (or sach khand) too! rolleyes.gif

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Doctor_Mani wink2.gif