Spirits, Curses And Superstitions

should i go check my horoscope and see what it says????

who puts the curse on me????

who puts the ghost inside of me???? how do you know??? how do you get rid of it

can crazyy explain to me???

is it so hard to believe that people would do such a thing...you live a sheltered life in Canada, in Africa and Asia withcraft is an everyday thing.

how do you know???

according to different sakhis good prets just looking for mukti will make themselves heard to the person they appraoch, bad ones take possesion of the body

Theyre attracted by meat and alcohol according to Suleman.

A nitnemi Gursikh naturally has nothing to worry about.

how do you get rid of it

paath and ardas

also read this from Sikhawareness
Suleman was a pir and saw his daughter and a sadhu together romantically while he was in samaadhi and got angry and went looking for the sadhu to kill him. He couldnt find the sadhu and when he got home he burnt his daughter and a short while later his wife died of grief.

then he started doing bad things for money as he had ridhia sidhia.

after he died he was taken by jamdoot to dharamrai - took one year, beating him all the way. He describes what dharamrai looks like - 'beard white like the sun, skin red like molten copper'. Dharamraja tells him he has to go to kunbi narak until he learns his lesson, and then has to be a pret for a thousand years.

Suleman asks how he will get mukti - Dharamrai says that God will come to earth in the form of 10 Gurus, after some time when Sulemans sentence is finished there will Guru Nanak Dev ji's sant in Rara Sahib who will give him mukti.

Then he asks Dharamrai where the sadhu who slept with his daughter is as he wants revenge. Dharamrai says that he will be a boy called manmohan singh and you will recognise him when you see him. You can beat him, but you cant kill him, he will lead you to Sant Isher Singh.

Suleman says he met Guru Nanak Dev Ji in mecca medina, where he was told he had to do what Dharamraja told him. He also says that he met Guru Gobind Singh Ji but not in detail - he was questioned by someone and suleman answered "I have already told you I met him."

Suleman says that people used to to pooja at his grave (muslims), and one day a boy urinated on the grave, suleman looked at him and recognised the sadhu he has been wiating for. He started attacking him, until he remembered Dharamrajas word, and let him go, when the boy became uncoinscious. The villagers quickly came and got him, doctors found nothing wrong - didnt know what had happened.

At first he cam to Hapur in someone elses body and then started speakin in manmohan singh, who was in Maharaji's sangat.

Maharaji found someone to have suleman as a baby that both suleman and the family agreed to and suleman went. First he refused to go to someones house coz they were rich, then when he agreed to this family he said that he would go but wouldnt sell newsparers ( that was his father to be's work)

A few weeks later Suleman turned up at Rara Sahib again, Maharaji asked him why he broke his word, Suleman said he didnt break it - it takes six months for the human to form and then he will go back because the pain was too much in the womb - written in Anand Sahib paat as well (mata ke udar meh pratipal kare).

Maharaji said ok, Suleman took Manmohans singhs body again and started living in rara sahib sangat as sevadar.

This is when one of those recordings was made that is on the net. This was made by balwant singh, and the transcript is also in the book.

This conversation you've heard on the recording. He seems a nice enough guy

7 months later Suleman was still there, Maharaji called him and again asked why he broke his word, Suleman said he was sorry, but wanted see Maharajis birthday before he went. Maharaji said no - the baby was ready.

Suleman replied that Mahraji could do anything, and that he could the delay the birth, Maharaji agreed.

11 months after his mother got pregnant, Suleman was born, after Maharaji refused another extension - saying it would to painful for the mother to wait any longer. He left his nishan on manmohan singh - his tongue was all spotty.

For 4 years after he was born Suleman could remember all that had happened to him - he also described what kunbi narak was like and what people had to do - some people were being burnt again and again - didnt really understand that bit coz his urdu is strange.

Theres a couple other stories about prets and how they got mukti through saptah paat, and extracts from Gurbani about pret/bhoot etc.

He described how prets possess people - 'like how tissue sticks to sweat on a body, the pret envelopes the human'. Prets are attracted to the smell given off by people who eat meat, eggs and drink alcohol, because their food is blood and meat - which they eat through animals.

the recording can be downloaded from here

LINK

154260[/snapback]

Hmm I think there is only one way to describe this.

COBBLERS! rolleyes.gif

Sangat Ji,

I need your assistance.

I'm a scientist by nature and as such do not readily accept the notion of Spirits and Evil Spirits and Curses.

However, I have spoken to some Amritdharis who vehemently belive in spirits and say their relatives are cursed or have been cursed. They also have said they have 'cured' people by carrying our a Jap of Guru Nanaks', and have seen spirits leaving the bodies of these people.

I would like to know if, within Sikhism, we accept evil spirits exist and can take over people. I would also like to know if we belive in curses and that people are able to curse us.

I'm looking for quotes from GGSJ as opposed to your viewpoints because if its stated in GGSJ then I will accept they may exist.

Thanks for your help!

154216[/snapback]

The only Spirit I have seen take over people and make them behave in a strange and possessed manor is Bacardi or Whisky! :lol: ...that is when madness strikes...

Page 554, Line 14

ਜਿਤੁ ਪੀਤੈ ਮਤਿ ਦੂਰਿ ਹੋਇ ਬਰਲੁ ਪਵੈ ਵਿਚਿ ਆਇ ॥

जितु पीतै मति दूरि होइ बरलु पवै विचि आइ ॥

jit peetai mat door ho-ay baral pavai vich aa-ay.

Drinking the wine, his intelligence departs, and madness enters his mind;

People do get possesed with madness....they get possesed with Kaam, when they are obsessed with sex.

They get possesd with Krodh, when they become angry at soemthing.

Thet get possesed with Ahankaar, when they think they are better than all else around them.....

They get posssesed with Lobh....when they keep wanting more.....

They get possesed with Moh, when they get obsessed with thier BMW's, Mercedes, and TV's etc.

You could say the entire world is possesed to an extent. The resulting obsession and madnesss from this to an extreme level is deemed as possession.

Page 571, Line 11

ਮਾਇਆ ਮੋਹੁ ਸਭੁ ਬਰਲੁ ਹੈ ਦੂਜੈ ਭਾਇ ਖੁਆਈ ਰਾਮ ॥

माइआ मोहु सभु बरलु है दूजै भाइ खुआई राम ॥

maa-i-aa moh sabh baral hai doojai bhaa-ay khu-aa-ee raam.

Emotional attachment to Maya is total madness; through the love of duality, one is ruined.

*is it so hard to believe that people would do such a thing...you live a sheltered life in Canada, in Africa and Asia withcraft is an everyday thing.*

Life in North America is not as sheltered as you would think. Witchcraft (Paganism) is alive and well here as a religion. I know this. I practiced Wicca (Western European-based witchcraft) before converting to Sikhi. Voodoo and Santeria are new-world pagan traditions that came over from Africa, but over the years have become almost as American as apple pie. I'm sure that our Canadian friend knows that witch traditions exist here too.

Evil spirits, curses etc are just catch-all names given to the natural fears and baser emotions of a human being. I'm not afraid of ghosts. The dead can't hurt me; the living who can do me harm, those are the ones who make me nervous. And yes, Ardaas and Simran are the best of cures for those fears and emotions.

Blessed be,

Polska

no one is saying you should be afriad.

the question was 'do bhoot, pret, dark magic etc exist' the answer is yes.

the dead cant harm you coz youre a nitnemi child of the Guru.

But what about other people?

And not only bhoot/pret, but also evil spirits, just like there are good and bad people there are good and bad spirits - e.g. in voodoo some use it to communicate with good spirits and ask for help with whatever, others use it to communicate with spirits in order to attack others people.

There are plenty of records of these things, people regularly see it happen, Guru Sahib has given us a huge gift in the transcriptions and recordings from suleman - there are plenty of people alive that have seen suleman - he did after all live at Rara Sahib for almost a year.

The world around is made of maya ie consists of 5 elements, all the realms consisting of fewer elements cannot be seen by your average human being.

Calling references to bhoot, pret, jinn, etc 'metaphors' is taking the easy way out.

Suleman said pret are attracted to meat and alcohol, and what do voodoo priests off to the spirits? - blood and alcohol.

As for randip singh's posts - the fisrt is ad hominem, the second fails to answer the question.

no one is saying you should be afriad.

the question was 'do bhoot, pret, dark magic etc exist' the answer is yes.

(snip)

The world around is made of maya ie consists of 5 elements, all the realms consisting of fewer elements cannot be seen by your average human being.

Calling references to bhoot, pret, jinn, etc 'metaphors' is taking the easy way out.

(another snip)

You've got to excuse me, please! I know what jinn are but I don't have good enough Panjabi and don't know what bhoot and pret refer to.

I'm not saying that a curse or evil spell is a metaphor. A lot of times our own belief in something is its own curse. In American tradition a person who is afraid of ghosts will cross the street if walking past a cemetery and whistle to distract the spirits they believe haunt such places. A little superstition like this just gives birth to more: charms, candles, spells etc to keep the ghouls away.

By the same token the belief can be to the good. Carl Jung once said that magic is a valid form of self-psychotherapy (to our good moderators, this is *not* an endorsement of spellcraft!) If we are ill and believe in our healing, it is positive thought and can only help us to heal. This doesn't mean we should toss our physicians aside, I only mean to say that curses or blessings are only as strong as we believe them to be. And no, I disagree that it's an easy way out. It's far easier to think negatively on something than positively.

I come originally from a Christian background where there are many stories taught of the healings Jesus performed. In the Bible there are references to people who are possessed of evil spirits; the symptoms recorded are closer to epilepsy or schizophrenia than demonic possession. This is one of the reasons I'm inclined to say that what most people call a curse or a possession is explained by science, yet can be helped with prayer and attitude adjustment.

Blessed be,

Polska

Just my 2 cents