Clash Between Science And Amritvela

Guest <---me--->

Guest <---me--->

Hi, I'm new here.

I recently I read a Science book, which points out poeple my age (16) should sleep at least 10-11 hours. THis explains my lack of concentration in studies and stuff

I wake up at 5am, going to stay gupt so no hankar, so I only sleep for 6 - 7 hours - that's if i am lucky.

So what shall I do? Can't sleep earlier because of work,just about sleep at 10

and can't wake up later because of Amritvela. Help!

What should I do?

I disagree with the book. When I was 16 I slept less than you say you do, and I know people who hardly sleep even now, and they are *extremely* smart.

Get involved on a more personal level with studies and your concentration should pick up

in my experience lack of concentration is caused either by not caring - which you obviously do so its not that, and by trying too hard.

Instead of trying to concentrate get personally involved in whats being taught in class and you'll develop a natural interest in it...

you clearly dont seem to have any problems so lets pretend you didnt read that book and listen to Guru Ji instead because different people need different number of hours of rest and I didnt read you complaining that you are tired :lol:

no sleep huh. i know fust hand.

k what should you do? POWER NAPS

Now, do you know what a power nap is? A power nap is a 30 second nap! YEP! THAT'S RIGHT! just 30 dorky seconds! Wherever you are during the day (taxi, work, studying at the libz)...put your head down for 30 seconds, eyes closed. And then wake up. You'll feel refreshed.

Might have to do it a couple times a day, but it beats taking those 3 hour indian naps in the afternoon.

Also...do kirtan! When I take breaks from studying, I do kirtan! ....by myself, mind you...but still, good times...doing kirtan alone is the NEXT BEST THING to doing kirtan with sangat :lol: ....try it, you'll find that when you get back at studying, you won't be so tired...you'll be able to focus better.

so two things.

POWER NAPS

and KIRTAN

:cool: fateh

Guest Guest

You should try to wake up earlier and sleep afterwards. If you wake up at 5am, by the time you have had Keshi Ishnaan, Amritvela will almost be over.