Weight Loss

Guest someone that needs help

Guest someone that needs help

Vjkk Vjkf

I am very big, Very big for my age. and i want to lose all of it so how do i do that?

I am a vegetarian and i just learnt that roti has many calories (I always thought roti was the healthiest thing i could eat) My mom is the traditional punjabi cook so like no salads and so ya. Thanks!

Vjkk Vjkf

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

U should keep an eye on how much u eat, but also what you eat!

Try to replace fruits for example snacks. Then smoothly decrease the amount of taking snacks/fruit.

The Golden rule , u maybe know :

'What u eat' minus 'What u use' should be negative to loose weight isnt it? So keep doing sports and drink lots of water, that increases ur bodies energy usage.

hey there.

okay, so first things first... 8 glasses of water at LEAST..it's a PURE minimum...8 should be the very least amount of water you drink.

always drink a glass of water about 5 minutes before a meal..... that bit of liquid sends a message to your stomach that food is on its way and encourages the production of internal acids (this helps with digestion and gas... with our carbohydrate-rich diets, the carbs we eat tend to ferment because we don't supplement with enough enzymes and stuff.... so that's one thing you need to look at. (also look at getting the enzyme supplements from a health store... and please ASK someone at the health food stores... don't jus randomly go to Costco or walmart and pick something out.. go to a specialty store and ask for help with this stuff, cuz trust me, they might "just be teenagers" but these guys know SO MUCH about the products they sell... so its' worth asking them.. go to GNC or somewhere that prides itself on not opnly its products but its reputation)

secondly: Nothing can be said about the absolute absolute ABSOLUTE need for 6-8 servings of fruits vegetables per day.... the nutrients you get outta that is unbelievable!!!!!! it'll help you with weight loss SOOO MUCH you wn't believe it.

Thirdly, eat plenty of mixed nuts and stuff...they provide tons of nutrients that vegetarians miss out on ffrom a lack of meat.... also find rich sources of Omega 3 because fish and some meats are rich in omega 3, and it's important that we get our doses of those minerals. nuts help in this.

In all honesty...there's very little you need to do in terms of "what to eat"

you're eating all the good stuff...eat plenty of sabji...eat MORE sabji if anything..maybe cut down on the roti, like if you're eating 3 or 4 rotis, cut it down to 2... but don't cut down on the amount of sabji you take in.. because even though cooked vegetables lose some of their nutrients, the ones they retain are still very vital.

For dessert..have a banana instead of ice cream.... for in between snacks, have a glass of milk and a couple cookies instead of a bunch of chips or something... you don't need to become a health freak to lose weight.... and as much as people can be against the use of supplements, visit your local GNC or something and ask them for advice directly... you do'nt need to alter too greatly the content of what you eat, to be honest...you can lose weight just fine, as long as you add the vitamins that you're not getting... cleansing with water is key, fruits and veggies are key... nuts are key... and water is key key key!!! sometimes a good snack can jus be water and nuts!

and start slow, but do exercise... if you try to turn into a health nut overnight, it won't last... mentally and for your body, you need to work into it, cuz it won't become habit if you jus one day decide to go for a 5 k run, drink 12 glasses of water, 9 fruits and vegetables and get all the proper supplements! you need to work your way into it, so that your mind and body get into it.

Follow this:

Don't eat anything JUNK like chips, bars, coke...

Don't drink RED cap milk, Switch to 0% fat (99% of Punjabis drink Homo milk) So switch to 0%, u will develop the taste ! (US)

If you want to eat out, eat healthy food.. for example in taco bell, Order 7-layer burritoo BUT with NO "SOUR cream".. same with subway.. no mayo etc..

ALWAYS avoid "hydrogenated oil" when eating anything.. read if it contains that or not

The KEY is exercise !

Ok now im kinda gaining weight but thats cuz i let go of exercises such as gym'n like 2-3 times a week at least ! Sports.. in my case .. HOCKEY .. i loose at least 10-20 ibs of water (sweating) while i play 1-2 a week !!!

I eat like EVERY single junk food .. all i eat is unhealthy food but still my blood tests are good cuz i keep up the exercises/tons of milk a day (at least 4-5 glasses) .. that reminds me .. gona grab some milk :lol:

but yes .. if you wana loose weight .. do wat everyone else has said but remember .. no diet will help .. exercise and regular daily sporting activities will !!

:TH: