Questions

mcsingh

If someone has come to retake Amrit, the Jathedar is to ask which cardinal sin have you committed, why have you come to retake Amrit? The person who has come to retake Amrit must freely admit to their mistakes or sins. The Panj Pyare will then unanimously decide on the punishment. An Ardas for forgiveness will be performed and the person can then retake Amrit.

NB: The Ardas for forgiveness is to be performed with the final Ardas of the ceremony.

In the presence of the Panj Pyare and Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji appropriate punishment is meted out for sinful actions, but even the most serious mistakes and sins can be forgiven. The person who comes and begs for forgiveness is not punished in the afterlife in the Court of God and Dharamraj (Vaheguru’s Judge) cannot punish that person. If the person does not admit to their sins here, then they will get punished in God’s Court and may have to go through various lifeform’s, births and deaths as punishment. The person that retakes Amrit is to accept the punishment meted out as being just and act upon it. Until all the punishment has been completed, the person is to consider themselves as sinful and their sins as not having been forgiven. After completing the punishment, Karah Parshad is to be prepared and an Ardas is to be performed. That person can then consider themselves as forgiven

Damdami Taksal Rehat Maryada

http://www.scys-online.org/site/Rehat6.html

Namastang,

Says Gurmat Maryada and frankly, common sense.

The Punj Pyaaray are considered Guru Roop and given utmost respect. They are seated specially in Sangat when they come, and when they do enter, everyone stands. They have the power to ask personal questions and order corrective measures. They also have the power to give naam.

Are you suggesting that even after an amrit sinchaar they retain all these powers? Do you stand when you see someone who has done seva in the punj pyaaray enter sangat? Cand they teach naam outside the amrit sinchaar mandal?

I'm happy to discuss this further if you so wish, but I think anyone can see that once the final ardaas of the amrit sinchaar is concluded, those doing seva are once again just regular Gursikhs.

Singh132,

Do you stand when you see someone who has done seva in the punj pyaaray enter sangat?

Yes i Would.

Cand they teach naam outside the amrit sinchaar mandal?
if you meant by teaching naam as in giving jugti yes-

please have a look at, you will find my take on it which is backed by puratan samparda's. : http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?showto...&st=0&p=138309&

Namastang,

Then your beliefs are mubaarak to you.

I know in most jathebandis the punj pyaaray make clear at the close of the amrit sinchaar that they are no longer punj pyaaray. But if you wish to stand when you see someone who has done seva, then I suppose it's your choice. But by no means are they still Punj Pyaaray.

Actually, standing up to greet someone in Sangat while in hazoori of Guru Sahib is generally prohibited. Exception is made for Punj Pyaaray because they are considered Guru Roop. But standing up for anyone, while Guru Sahib is parkaash seems wrong to me.

As for giving jugti, I am of the beleif that only Punj Pyaaray can give naam otherwise why do we even have Punj Pyaray? Why not just get everything from a Sant Baba.