Questions

mcsingh

WJKK WJKF

Sangat Ji,

I was wondering what if someone committes a kurehit, do they have to go to the panj pyare and tell them what happened or would it be okay to do ardaas and give a sincere apology instead of going to the panj pyare?

Also, what happens if you committe a kurehit and don't do pesh. Are you no longer considered amritdhari or are you considered amritdhari but God will punish you once you leave this world?

If someone could help me, that be great

WJKK WJKF

The undermentioned four transgressions (tabooed practices) must be avoided:

(1) Dishonouring the hair;

(2) Eating the meat of an animal slaughtered the Muslim way;

(3) Cohabiting with a person other than one's spouse;

(4) Using tobacco.

In the event of the commission of any of these transgressions, the transgressor must get rebaptised. If a transgression is committed unintentionally and unknowingly, the transgressor shall not be liable to punishment. You must not associate with a Sikh who had uncut hair earlier and has cut it or a Sikh who smokes. You must ever be ready for the service of the Panth and of the gurduwaras (Sikh places of worship). You must tender one tenth of your earnings to the Guru. In short, you must act the Guru's way in all spheres of activity.

http://allaboutsikhs.com/rehat/rehat_06.htm

In other words, if a Kurehit has been done it is recommended you go pesh to Panj Pyaarey, and they will give you advice(hukam on what to do :lol:

WJKK WJKF

Thanks for the reply veer ji. Also, if you committe a kurehit should you wait until the next amrit sanchar to tell the Punj Pyare or do it asap? If I should do it asap, should I tell this to one of my punj pyare or to any punj pyare from any of the gurdwaras?

WJKK WJKF

Punj pyaaray are only punj pyaaray until the final ardaas of the amrit sinchaar. After that, they are just regular Gursikhs.

If you feel you want to tell a Gursikh you trust who also happened to do seva in the amrit sinchaar where you received amrit, that's fine.

I suggest you go to the next amrit sinchaar possible, but that amrit sinchaar where you are confident Gurmat is followed.

Guest someone

Say if you committed a bujjer kurehit and you know you have to go for peshi, but you dont want it to leak out since you hear a lot of stuff about people going for peshi and it obviously leaks out. Say you wanted to tell someone close like 5 chardi kala close gursikhs, is that ok ? Or does it have to be at an amrit sanchaar? Someone please explain!

When a bajjar kurehit or whenever someone is pesh for some reason, everything has to be done in front of sangat. Wrong has to be accepted in sangat and forgiveness has to be asked for and a vow to not do the wrong again is to be given. Rehatnamas also meantion sangat when going pesh. Bajjar kurehit or some other thing against the Panth has to be in sangat. Not hidden places. This is what I know. I could be wrong but this is what I know.

Guest _nobody_

before the amrit sanchaar you will have to tell one of the singhs (who will doing seva of the panj pyaareh) that you have come to do pesh

and during the amrit sanchaar you have to tell the whole sangat your kurehit.

bhul chuk maaf