Going Towards Guru/gursikhi

desilad

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Khalsa Ji

I long towards the path towards Gursikhi, and have been preparing myself to make the move towards becoming an Amritdhari, and be true towards the Guru, and Sikhi.

However, everytime I try, things start to happen in life instantly, such as issues on the job front, issues in the personal/home life. etc etc. which really start to interfere towards my goal.

I normally try to ignore these, but have been finding that such issues take over and dishearten me from achieving my goal. Dont take me wrong but it makes me think that why dont I get any help from the "ABOVE" to make my journey easier and encourage me to move quickly.

May be I am not ready yet, may be I am being tested and failing.

I will like your comments on your experinces of moving towards sikhi, and how did you overcome your fears/experiences. How did you seek strength etc. etc.

Hope to hear from you soon

Fateh . . . . .

I think everyone runs into hurdles when they try to walk the path of Sikhi. But hurdles aren't made to stop you in your tracks, they're meant to be overcome. Remember, the path of Gurmat isn't just difficult, it's sharper than the edge of a sword and finer than a hair. It's not easy but nothing worth having is. Preseverence is key. Don't back down when you're feeling discouraged. The hurdles will keep coming but don't take them as road blocks and turn back. Seek strength in the Guru to help you continue along the journey.

Waheguru Jee Ka Khalsa Waheguru Jee Kee Fateh!!

Bhenjee/Bhajee maybe u need to view the happenings in your life from a different perspective. Rather than being disheartened... try to think, maybe Guru Sahib is making u realise that you need Him by ur side... for things are only difficult while we are not close to our Guru, both in mind and body... Taking Amrit takes us nearer to Guru Sahib and Waheguru Jee in both mind and body, as we follow rehit and read bani. It creates that amazing relation where Guru Sahib promises to be by our side all the time, and we in return promise to listen and implement Guru Sahib's bachan, Guru Sahib's teachings into our lives.. We can only be truly happy when we do this..

From the moment you take Amrit, Guru Sahib accepts you as His, and you will feel how He guides you.. Make Him your own, and feel the difference.. before I took Amrit, I guess I also was like "I'll jus wait a bit more, till I'm ready.. " then suddenly Guru Sahib made me realise.. this moorakh mann of yours will never tell u to do it.. then at the Gurdwara as well the person doin katha said "taking Amrit is the first step.. from then on you become Guru Sahib's child" ... it just suddenly hit me and i decided to take Amrit and thought.. afterwards HE will look after me all by Himself.. and Maharaaj Jee's kirpa, He has.... blush.gif

Anyways, Gurbaani is the best way to find your answers, so just try to read and understand as much as possible. I find this Shabad amaaaaaaazingly inspiring, and it is very relevant too... so I hope it helps:

ijs dw swihbu fwFw hoie ]

jis dhaa saahib ddaadtaa hoe ||

One who belongs to the All-powerful Lord and Master

iqs no mwir n swkY koie ]

this no maar n saakai koe ||

no one can destroy him.

swihb kI syvku rhY srxweI ]

saahib kee saevak rehai saranaaee ||

The Lord's servant remains under His protection;

Awpy bKsy dy vifAweI ]

aapae bakhasae dhae vaddiaaee ||

The Lord Himself forgives him, and blesses him with glorious greatness.

iqs qy aUpir nwhI koie ]

this thae oopar naahee koe ||

There is none higher than Him.

kauxu frY fru iks kw hoie ]4]

koun ddarai ddar kis kaa hoe ||4||

Why should he be afraid? What should he ever fear? ||4||

gurmqI sWiq vsY srIr ]

guramathee saa(n)th vasai sareer ||

Through the Guru's Teachings, peace and tranquility abide within the body.

sbdu cIin@ iPir lgY n pIr ]

sabadh cheenih fir lagai n peer ||

Remember the Word of the Shabad, and you shall never suffer pain.

AwvY n jwie nw duKu pwey ]

aavai n jaae naa dhukh paaeae ||

You shall not have to come or go, or suffer in sorrow.

nwmy rwqy shij smwey ]

naamae raathae sehaj samaaeae ||

Imbued with the Naam, the Name of the Lord, you shall merge in celestial peace.

nwnk gurmuiK vyKY hdUir ]

naanak guramukh vaekhai hadhoor ||

O Nanak, the Gurmukh beholds Him ever-present, close at hand.

myrw pRBu sd rihAw BrpUir ]5]

maeraa prabh sadh rehiaa bharapoor ||5||

My God is always fully pervading everywhere. ||5||

WAHEGUROOOOOOOO!!! :lol:

Good Luck :TH:

Waheyguru ji Ka Khalsa Waheyguru Ji key Fateh

Vir ji I Can relate with you..what you are going through. I went through similar situtation before taking Amrit. Well vir g I agree it is a hard path BUT IT IS NOT IMPPOSIBLE IN GURU JIES SHA-run.Vir g you are getting help from above because inside that Desire to TAke AMRIt whereelse that come from...you are being encouraged to do bhagati vir g of Almight AKal Purkh jies. Now look at Bhagat Prah-lad ji He was thrown into fire and was threaten but he said "NAHEE CHO_RU ray baba RAm NAm" " I can't leave my beloved lords remembrance no matter what" See vir g when guru ji did kirpa at me my own mom was against me..She ws blinded in MOh or out of motherly love..she thought that I will leave her and Will go to India and shot some one lol. But i kept on doing ardas to my beloved father of entire glaxies..to inject me with strength and zeal and may my moms thinking change. Guru ji did his kirpa and I took Amrit around 18 months ago..I said I do not care if this entire world goes against me..So amny births i have wondered in maya this time is to improve and Guess now vir g..about my mom...She took Amrit recently too. So moral of this Story is vir g things change slowly and waheyguru ji byhimslef..creates situation which might look odd to us for the moment..but you do gain qualities/ gu-nn which make one stronger person and strengthen ones faith. Look deeply you have gained something..a new quality some where.. Take Amrit... after all when Satguru becomes you protector what else a person can desire for.MAy waheyguru bless you ..inject you with courage....do not kneel against circumstances thats why we are LIons / lioness beacuse we take guru jies sha-run and fight back when odds are against. Bolay So-na-hal SAT SHRI AKALLLL.

Waheyguru Ji KA Khalsa Waheyguru Ji Key fateh