Vaat Am I Supposed To Say To This?

Guest _sinner_

in my opinion... slaughter is slaughter... some places might be more disgusting then others.. but in the end.. .its still the product... my question is, would u feel okay if it was a bunch of humans at those slaughter houses being killed for food... ? 'cause we all know that humans aren't any 'better' or any 'higher' then animals... we're still Gods creatures... ending a life of another animal for food is wrong... and that food is used for taste... so, we're killin animals to satisfy our own taste?... personally, i think thats paap...

we should be aware thta most of these are taken from the most extreme situations (I think), and tha in most modern countries slaughter doesn't occur like that (atleast where I live)...

veerji, see thats the thing... u said 'i think'... meaning ur not sure... when, in actuality, almost all situations might be like that.... it also seems that u don't approve of the situations that were seen in the PETA vids... unless u've been to a whole bunch of slaughter houses and seen how things are done, i don't think u can make that assumption...

anywayz.. thats jus my opinion on the matter..

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in my opinion... slaughter is slaughter... some places might be more disgusting then others.. but in the end.. .its still the product... my question is, would u feel okay if it was a bunch of humans at those slaughter houses being killed for food... ? 'cause we all know that humans aren't any 'better' or any 'higher' then animals... we're still Gods creatures... ending a life of another animal for food is wrong... and that food is used for taste... so, we're killin animals to satisfy our own taste?... personally, i think thats paap...
we should be aware thta most of these are taken from the most extreme situations (I think), and tha in most modern countries slaughter doesn't occur like that (atleast where I live)...

veerji, see thats the thing... u said 'i think'... meaning ur not sure... when, in actuality, almost all situations might be like that.... it also seems that u don't approve of the situations that were seen in the PETA vids... unless u've been to a whole bunch of slaughter houses and seen how things are done, i don't think u can make that assumption...

anywayz.. thats jus my opinion on the matter..

151407[/snapback]

Veer jeeyo, I never spoke in favour for eating meat at all.... I never said it's good or okay to eat meat, so that is not the discussion, I'ms discussing whether they feel pain or not, and whether they can be compared to plants or not - I never said I'm for or against eating meat...

Yes I did say "I think" because I didn't want to make it seem like what i'm saying is facts, and written on stone, because as you have mentioned its different in different places. Where I live, I know for a fact that salughter is done in a better way that films being viewed on PETA, and thus why i said i THINK it's showing extreme cases. Where I live that was of slaughtering is completly alian.

bhull chukk maaf.

Veer jeyo, firstly it's not nerve impulses that make animals feel pain, as you know but the adrenal hormones that are secreted into the blood. whilst it takes times for the adrenaline i.e the fear to arise in the animal, it cannot be argued that those animals slaughtered in a way where they are first made unconscious - i.e don't have a clue what is about to happen, do nto suffer.

As for the PETA videos, we should be aware thta most of these are taken from the most extreme situations (I think), and tha in most modern countries slaughter doesn't occur like that (atleast where I live)...

As for plants nto having a nervous system is just another way of comparing human/animal characteristics to plants... although the plant dones't have any nervous system per say, it must have some kind of system equivilent (which I am unaware of), which i will try to research more about.

bhull chukk maaf..

151315[/snapback]

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waehguroo jee kee Fateh!

Actually, I am a researcher in this area. Trust me IT IS THE NERVES THAT MAKE YOU FEEL PAIN, NOT CORTICOSTEROIDS RELEASED BY THE ADRENAL GLAND. Corticosteroids is a stress hormone, they have other effects like to inhibit the immune system, reduce growth, etc., but they do not have to do with pain directly. If I cut off your finger, its the nerves in the finger that give you pain, not your adrenal glands. Jeez veero, learn a bit about the topic you are trying to lecture us before declariing yourself an expert.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waehguroo jee kee Fateh!