Castes

Guest young singh

Guest young singh

in my old school people used to make fun of me because i am from a lower caste than everyone else.i gotto a diffrent school now. but before i never knew what to do..i just found out about sikhsangat today so i never got to share this with anyone. my family doesnt care, they just laugh and say that we dont beleive in that stuff...but first of all, if guru gobind singh jee said that all the females will have 'kaur' as their last name and the males shud have 'singh' as theres. if everyone followed that then how are u suposed to know who's who?? how do you know who ur real family is? and if sikh are all ONE family then that just doesnt make no sense...u could be marrying ur brother or sister :lol: @ :cool: @ and thats just not right, and there would be many sikhs around you who have the same name, for example if ur name is liek Jasdeep kaur there could be another Jasdeep kaur in ur class. And if ur not suposed to use nicknames then how are you suposed to tell ppl from each other? grin.gifgrin.gif it all doesnt make sense to me, can someone plz explain this wacko.gif

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

welcome to this forum brother.

in my old school people used to make fun of me because i am from a lower caste than everyone else

There is no such thing as lower caste in Sikhi. Here is a quote from Gurbani:

jaanahu joth n pooshhahu jaathee aagai jaath n hae ||1|| rehaao ||

Recognize the Lord's Light within all, and do not consider social class or status; there are no classes or castes in the world hereafter. ||1||Pause||

Guru Nanak Dev Ji

Raag Aasaa

The fact that they made fun of you just shows how igronant they are- especially if they were Sikhs.

but first of all, if guru gobind singh jee said that all the females will have 'kaur' as their last name and the males shud have 'singh' as theres. if everyone followed that then how are u suposed to know who's who?? how do you know who ur real family is?

People often have three names:

there first name, middle name- singh or kaur, and last name (this is not a requirement)- which usually depends which pend there from i.e. have you heard about the last names Dhillion etc- these are ppl from the same area of India.

I hope that made sense.

and if sikh are all ONE family then that just doesnt make no sense...u could be marrying ur brother or sister  and thats just not right,

But you wouldnt be getting married to your biological sister are you, so it doesnt really matter.

Good question.

The best way to understand it is that there not actually your brothers and sisters, but you just treat them like your brothers and sisters, so therfore when you getting married to another Sikh girl you not actually getting married to your sister.

If i can think of a better way to explain, ill try and post it.

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH