Fashion?

Guest bibi

hey ima teen gurl, into sikhi but am not yet a gursikh. the thing that i wana ask bout has to do wif hair. when i was young as in round 4 yrs old i used to cut ma hair and then i stopped around that age. i havnt cut ma hair since then but its fairly short --i ges it grows slow grin.gif as a result i have layers now. so i sumtimez lv ma hair out nd stuff since its only up to ma elbows. is it wrong to do that thou? i mean i dont cut it, its jus naturally that short nd equalish at de bottom..it kinda luks like i cut it. is it okay to style it wid gel or straighten it wid a straightner? is it okay to leave it out or am i suposd to keep it tied bak at all times? in my opinion its okay as long as i keep it clean nd dont cut it..am i wrong?

bhul chuk maaf

PeaCE

Well I am guessing you are not amritdhari for then you would know that you are to keep your kesh tied up and covered at all times (refer to http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?showtopic=16921)

It really depends how ‘far’ you are at in Sikhi yourself, if you can understand the concept of keeping kesh tied and covered then that’s cool, if not then it’s up to you how you treat your hair, but by keeping it loose and stuff remember you’re just sort of conforming to society’s norms and just blending into the background and being another ‘typical’ Indian girl (sorry for presuming you are of Indian origin if you are not) remember Sikhs were given unique identity for a reason – to be noticed, for practical reasons, it’s all on your own conscience whatever you may decide

I used to have cut hair which I wore loose most the time which I used to straighten and curl and all that stuff! Now being amritdhari I tie it up and wear a dastaar and tbh it’s like the bestest thing ever!!!

wjkk

wjkf

well bhenji...i think u shuldnt curl or strainghten ur hair coz like when u use all those straigntner and stuff on ya hair...they do tend to burn ya hair abit and bitz of hair do break which is not gud coz like if ur serious bout ya sikhi then u wouldnt want ya hair to break and stuff coz then tht would be a kurehat coz like ur delibrately makin ya hair break :lol: yeah....im sowwie if i dont make sense....but thaz jus wha i think...and u shuld leave ya hair in their normal form coz like thaz the way waheguru wanted ya hair to be...thaz how he think they look gud on ya...so why would ya want to change the look of em then blush.gif ...