Punjabi Music.....

Guest _1984_

A question for sikh sangat.... Where and how did punjabi music come into existence? Does anyone know?? Was is around of the time of the guru's..?? I know is a culture thing, but where has it come from??

A question for sikh sangat.... Where and how did punjabi music come into existence? Does anyone know?? Was is around of the time of the guru's..?? I know is a culture thing, but where has it come from??

148880[/snapback]

i heard Bhangra came from followers of Shiv Ji..who used Bhaang (cannabiss) to intoxicate themselves and dance round a fire or summit like that...im not 100%..but it kinda makes sense coz tha two names link.

Correct me if im wrong please!! (not maliciously tho)

i don't know the origins but all the punjabi songs which talk about bravery and pride to be punjabi are because of sikhi cause i mean what else would they be singing about,

1)mughala ne meri bhain chuk layee te main kuj na keeta

(the mughals took my sister and i did nothing)

2)punjabi gulaam rehna pasand karde

(punjabi enjoy being slaves)

3)putt jatt da baniyah goriyan da gulaam

(the jatt's son has become the british slave)

4)eh dharti chor sharabi giddra di

(this land is the land of thieves, drunkyards, and jackals)

5)maut more assi dekho kidda kambde

(look at how we shiver before death)

i heard Bhangra came from followers of Shiv Ji..who used Bhaang (cannabiss) to intoxicate themselves and dance round a fire or summit like that...

im not 100%..but it kinda makes sense coz tha two names link.

Just because some people are against it doesn't mean they have to make stories or associate negative words with. Not referrring to you, just in general.

I would agree with the following paragraph.

Bhangra originates from the North of India in Punjab. Originally Bhangra was a dance performed to celebrate the harvest of crops. Farmers would gather at the Vasakhi Mela to Sing and dance.

Another note for the few fanatics, Vaisakhi Mela isn't a religious thing. Vaisakh is a month when the crops are harvested. A Vaisakhi Mela is to celebrate that.

i heard Bhangra came from followers of Shiv Ji..who used Bhaang (cannabiss) to intoxicate themselves and dance round a fire or summit like that...

im not 100%..but it kinda makes sense coz tha two names link.

Just because some people are against it doesn't mean they have to make stories or associate negative words with. Not referrring to you, just in general.

I would agree with the following paragraph.

Bhangra originates from the North of India in Punjab. Originally Bhangra was a dance performed to celebrate the harvest of crops. Farmers would gather at the Vasakhi Mela to Sing and dance.

Another note for the few fanatics, Vaisakhi Mela isn't a religious thing. Vaisakh is a month when the crops are harvested. A Vaisakhi Mela is to celebrate that.

149106[/snapback]

Dude chill...i wasnt attackin nethin..i was stating wat ive heard..which is why i sed i dnt know for 100%...that didnt mean that i dnt like bhangra..infact i quite enjoy old skool bhangra.

jus chill man...dnt be so quick to get aggressive and mili...take it easy