Singhs At Clubs And Bars

Guest MS

Are Sikhs allowed to go to clubs and bars where alcohol is being served??? ANd if know, where does it say in bani????

148621[/snapback]

you mean khalsa? well they're not banned from going to such places, not that i know of, doesn't prohibit in bani...

but then saying that it depends on their purpose....

like sandlewood, we adapt to the "smell" around us. A bit like the saying "u r what u eat." If you go to places where such negativity exists... you too will become negative. Maybe not consciously but subconsciouly, it will have an effect.

A Singh should not go to pubs n clubs and defo not be seen at one. Think about it - u wear the crown, ure turban, that shaheeds have given their LIVES for you to wear and you go disrespect it by going to places where people are using intoxicants?

Gurbani doesnt say go to pubs n clubs - Gurbani says indulge in the sangat of those who repeat His name and will help you purify your mind and soull... not go sit with moorakhs who take intoxicants, smoke cigarettes and the rest.

Now, heres a twist. There is a reason you MAY go to pubs n clubs... n that is when u r strong willed enough to do parchaar in such places and bring people out of there without letting it effect. Although a rarity it may be for someone to be so strong not to let the negativity effect them, it is possible. Anything is possible.

But end of the day - pubs.. clubs... just stay away.

Whats up with people always looking for excuses by saying 'where does it say in Gurbani"...so you think Gurbani is supposed to have a long list of ALL things you can't do? It's called common sense.

Thats like a father telling his son, "Stop punching your brother!"...and so the brother starts to kick him instead! technically the father did not say anything about kicking.

Guest _5INGH_
like sandlewood, we adapt to the "smell" around us. A bit like the saying "u r what u eat." If you go to places where such negativity exists... you too will become negative. Maybe not consciously but subconsciouly, it will have an effect.

A Singh should not go to pubs n clubs and defo not be seen at one. Think about it - u wear the crown, ure turban, that shaheeds have given their LIVES for you to wear and you go disrespect it by going to places where people are using intoxicants?

Gurbani doesnt say go to pubs n clubs - Gurbani says indulge in the sangat of those who repeat His name and will help you purify your mind and soull... not go sit with moorakhs who take intoxicants, smoke cigarettes and the rest.

Now, heres a twist. There is a reason you MAY go to pubs n clubs... n that is when u r strong willed enough to do parchaar in such places and bring people out of there without letting it effect. Although a rarity it may be for someone to be so strong not to let the negativity effect them, it is possible. Anything is possible.

But end of the day - pubs.. clubs... just stay away.

148647[/snapback]

Good post.

Any singh with turban who goes to a place to mix with people they partake in wrongful ways is just disgracing his faith and himself he mite aswell jus take of the dastaar, shave his beard and cut his hair... whats the point of him looking religious on outside when intentions or heart is not there.

In my point of view I think that sikhs shud n't go to places as such no.gif , as already mentioned people that you mix with, meet and u r friends have an effect on your decisions and according to them what may be right, might be wrong. They can influence u to make decisions that u might regret to l8er in life. If instead of going to the gurudwara, u go to clubs and bars what makes u different to non-amritdharis, may be u wont smoke/drink 2day but then 1day they might talk you into it!!! 4get that ur mind can change ur way of thinking can change n u as well might start 2 drink smoke etc. !!!! thumbs_down.gif

I wud say that it iz rong 2 go 2 clubs n pubs, I kno an amrit dhari guy, who goes to pubs n clubs, although he dont consume alcohol and has juice or coke instead but i would count this as still Jhoot. Becuz come off it the glasses that the juice or coke is in it must hav had alcohol in it be4, who knows how they wash it? Also ur revelaed to cigarettes in he club 2. I ersoanly would say that singhs should keep away from it even if no consuming of alcohol is done.